Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 02:19 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,280,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post
Sorry, I thought you answered these.
"When were the other times that Obama went to Iraq?" As far as I know, the only other time Obama went was in early 2006.

My point mentioning Obama was that it was John McCain's criteria that Obama should go to Iraq, but then McCain chose a running mate that had never been there. I never meant to imply that I thought it was a requirement - or that a certain number of times was required. John McCain is the one that had those requirements on Obama but not Palin.

You are correct according to a New York Times caucus article dated May 28, 2008 Senator Obama visited Iraq in Jan 2006 as part of a Congressional Delagation to the Middle East. Thanks for the time frame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 02:54 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
roc - if John McCain were running against Palin I could see how this might be an issue - but he's not, the opponent is Barack Obama - who can't be bothered with meeting wounded soldiers.

Tell you what: Governor Palin can ask her son about Iraq, Track Palin deploys next week.
Senator Obama Quietly Visits Wounded Soldiers at Walter Reed Army Medical Center (http://www.veteransforcommonsense.org/articleid/10530 - broken link)

Oh, and some actual support:

Dinner is served | U.S. Senator Barack Obama (http://obama.senate.gov/news/050513-dinner_is_served/index.php - broken link)

Old 09-05-2008, 02:54 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,829,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
But hey, if you makes you feel better to pick on Sarah Palin rather than focus on the inadequacies of Obama then I guess you are having a pretty good day.
Let 'em go. Comparing Obama to Palin is a loser's game for the dems. 1. Palin wins; and 2. They've completely lost focus on McCain.

Old 09-05-2008, 03:04 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,043,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
Are you people serious? This is about keeping score?

OK then, let's break it down...

McCain trips to Iraq....8
Palin trips to Iraq....0

Obama trips to Iraq....1
Biden trips to Iraq....8

Obama/Biden ticket is up by one visit. I fail to see why Palin having a score of 0 is worse than Obama's score of 1. Isn't Obama running for the office of Commander In Cheif, against McCain? Didn't McCain personally invite Obama to visit Iraq with him and actually learn something, and didn't Obama decline only to make his own photo op visit later?

But hey, if you makes you feel better to pick on Sarah Palin rather than focus on the inadequacies of Obama then I guess you are having a pretty good day.
One small correction - Obama has been there twice. John McCain is the one keeping score - he's the one that said you have to go every so often to be a good leader.

Old 09-05-2008, 03:06 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
If your voting against funding them.....

Old 09-05-2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
Let 'em go. Comparing Obama to Palin is a loser's game for the dems. 1. Palin wins; and 2. They've completely lost focus on McCain.
I am not comparing Obama to Palin - I am focusing on John McCain's criteria for a good leader.

This is about McCain and only about McCain - it's about the fact that
his pick for VP does not meet his own criteria for a good leader.

Old 09-05-2008, 03:10 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post
I am not comparing Obama to Palin - I am focusing on John McCain's criteria for a good leader.

This is about McCain and only about McCain - it's about the fact that
his pick for VP does not meet his own criteria for a good leader.

And Obama's pick called him the ""I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. "I mean, that's a storybook, man." (Watch Biden's comments and Obama's reaction )"

At least now we understand you have no real point. You should setup the instant reply button with your "away" message....

Old 09-05-2008, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
And Obama's pick called him the ""I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. "I mean, that's a storybook, man." (Watch Biden's comments and Obama's reaction )"

At least now we understand you have no real point. You should setup the instant reply button with your "away" message....
Obama Picked Biden - not the other way around.

I certainly hope you are just playing dense to avoid the real issue.

Old 09-05-2008, 03:40 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,232,791 times
Quote:
Odd, I thought this was McCain and Obama tickets.
Don't let it bother you. Every time the left engages in a 'bama vs. Palin argument they reduce 'bama to competing for the VP spot.

High school was never so easy.

Old 09-05-2008, 03:40 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Arab View Post
Her and Obama should go one-one in basketball, I have my money on her.
She'd cold cok him in the jimmies ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections