Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 12:25 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,287,004 times

Advertisements

Rightofcenter

Never mind on the dates I already found it myself and unless he made a secret trip he has been once. According to his website and his press releases he visited in July, 2008 when he was in the Middle East. Can't find anything else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 12:26 PM

1,867 posts, read 4,081,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Arab View Post
Odd, I thought this was McCain and Obama tickets.
So the FAIR question would be, how many times has McCain visited Iraq vs Obama visits. And add another question, why has Obama only visited ones? I guess the timing was right
Wrong. When someone is as old as McCain and has had melanoma twice -- one of the deadliest forms of cancer -- you indeed need to be very concerned about their choice of VP. So yes, Palin should be rightly compared to Obama and to Biden and vice versa.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:27 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,046,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
Sorry, you don't get to see my cards until you're in or out.

and btw, I'm not the one that made the claim. Not enough hours in the day if you're going to make me disprove everything you say
Ok fine - I'll conceed that Palin has visited Canada 100 million times before Obama was even born. Did you ever say how many times Palin has been to Iraq?

Old 09-05-2008, 12:29 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,242,292 times
Actually by not going to Iraq she did the troops a favor. Anytime some washington big wig visits it makes the troops lives miserable. Now we need to do yet another dog and pony show just to make the politician feel as if they actually matter.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:31 PM

877 posts, read 2,079,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post
Ok fine - I'll conceed that Palin has visited Canada 100 million times before Obama was even born. Did you ever say how many times Palin has been to Iraq?
How many times had Obama been to Iraq before entering into the Presidential race?

How long after entering the Presidential race did Obama wait to go to Iraq?

Can we at least give Governor Palin a few weeks before you start criticizing her for not going to Iraq?

Old 09-05-2008, 12:33 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,947,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
Sorry, you don't get to see my cards until you're in or out.

and btw, I'm not the one that made the claim. Not enough hours in the day if you're going to make me disprove everything you say
Actually I didn't make the claim but if it will really make you feel good about yourself to post a link then I dare you to prove that she has left the US (other than her trip to Kuwait with a layover in Ireland) on government business.

You won't need much time, I am never wrong

Old 09-05-2008, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
I never said she had been to Iraq and you were the one who brought up the fact that Obama had been there more than once and all I was asking for was the other times he was there. You choose to attack me when you yourself got off of the question of the thread. As a matter of fact you bring up Obama in your op. So as far am I am concerned I have the right to question about his visits you say he made. Now will you answer my question?
I never attacked you - and I'm sorry you feel that way. The only responses I got from any McCain/Palin supporters were off track of the original question and I just wanted to call people on that.

How hard is it to just say 'She has never been to Iraq' and then follow it up with something like 'but she is a quick learner' or 'her top adviser is an Iraqi' or 'she can gut a moose' and then we can debate those issues instead of deflecting the fact that she has never been there but McCain thinks that that is an important part of being a leader.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Actually by not going to Iraq she did the troops a favor. Anytime some washington big wig visits it makes the troops lives miserable. Now we need to do yet another dog and pony show just to make the politician feel as if they actually matter.
Do you want to tell that to McCain who I think has his mail forwarded there.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:37 PM

1,867 posts, read 4,081,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
ajzjmsmom - the surge has succeeded, but Obama still thinks we shouldn't be there and that we should leave in defeat.. How's that for dissonance...
What in fact is victory in Iraq?

Why do you and McCain believe we should stay in Iraq when the Iraqi prime minister wants us gone and EVEN BUSH is now pushing a time table. Yup, the very time table that Obama's been pushing for months.

The surge has succeeded? Who says. We've had to pay off war lords lately and that might be the reason for less in-fighting and civil war. But then again, what do we REALLY CARE??! This is a civil war, how are we winners either way you slice it? Why are we LAYING DOWN OUR SOLDIERS LIVES for Maliki and the Muslim Shia??? $10 Billion a month for this while Iraq builds up a budget deficit? Do you realize all of this is on credit from the Chinese and other unsavory nations?! And now more money spent on the "surge"? How long should we keep MORE troops in Iraq when we should be bringing them home. Let these two Muslim groups fight each other if they want, we really can't stop them -- or let the rest of the world help them if they want. Our military families are suffering. WE CANNOT AFFORD THIS!

Old 09-05-2008, 12:39 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,499,977 times
Why would Gov. go to Iraq or any war zone for that matter.....senators and congressmen and presidents are the ones that need to be seeing the front line....you know those ones who put them there and fund them. Gov. should stay at home especially that one since that's where her jobs was and it's the largest state in the union.

I asked this in another thread and no one answered.....Is having a high approval rating among the people you serve a bad thing now? I mean in a time where no politicians seemed to be like at all she's hovering around 60-70% approval rating. And is actually achieving things for her State.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections