Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 10:48 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,050,284 times

Advertisements

Answer: Zero

"Sen. Obama has been to Iraq once -- a little over two years ago he went -- and he has never seized the opportunity except in a hearing to meet with Gen. Petraeus," McCain said at a campaign event in Reno, Nevada. "My friends, this is about leadership and learning." - John McCain May 29, 2008

Let's write this as it applies to Palin
"Mayor Palin has never been to Iraq even once -- and she has never seized the opportunity ever to meet with Gen. Petraeus," "My friends, this is about leadership and learning."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 11:05 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,837,351 times
Careful. Facts can be a dangerous thing. Palin has been to the Iraq theatre of operations; Kuwait, and spent more time there than Obama. (She was responsible for Alaskan National Guard troops there.) She's also visited wounded troops in Germany -- unlike Obama.

btw, I've know right of center and you are not right of center ;-)

Old 09-05-2008, 11:07 AM

789 posts, read 1,337,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
Careful. Facts can be a dangerous thing. Palin has been to the Iraq theatre of operations; Kuwait, and spent more time there than Obama. (She was responsible for Alaskan National Guard troops there.) She's also visited wounded troops in Germany -- unlike Obama.
When the National Guard troops are deployed the Governor loses control.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:07 AM

Quote:

Kuwait = Iraq? Boy that's a through understanding of different nations.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:09 AM

17,765 posts, read 39,819,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post
Answer: Zero

"Sen. Obama has been to Iraq once -- a little over two years ago he went -- and he has never seized the opportunity except in a hearing to meet with Gen. Petraeus," McCain said at a campaign event in Reno, Nevada. "My friends, this is about leadership and learning." - John McCain May 29, 2008

Let's write this as it applies to Palin
"Mayor Palin has never been to Iraq even once -- and she has never seized the opportunity ever to meet with Gen. Petraeus," "My friends, this is about leadership and learning."
But she's right next door to Russia ... come on people ... how much more foreign policy experience does she need???? I hear she has Santa on speedial too.

And she can shoot a moose from a helicopter, put on lipstick and aqua net her hair all at the same time!!!

She is sUper Palin!!!

Old 09-05-2008, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
But she's right next door to Russia ... come on people ... how much more foreign policy experience does she need???? I hear she has Santa on speedial too.

And she can shoot a moose from a helicopter, put on lipstick and aqua net her hair all at the same time!!!

She is sUper Palin!!!
The moose must have been from Russia - boy she is tough!

Old 09-05-2008, 11:22 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,958,077 times
Quote:

WRONG. Plenty of documentation stating that she has never given an order to them at all.

Palin has never ordered Alaska National Guard to do anything - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/story//mcclatchy/20080903/pl_mcclatchy/3035478 - broken link)

VetVoice:: Palin as Commander of the Alaska National Guard? Please.

Palin's command of Alaska National Guard limited | ScrippsNews

Quote:
Occasions in which Palin does retain command authority over the 4,200-member Alaska National Guard are whenever the guard responds to in-state natural disasters and civic emergencies, said Campbell, who also serves as commissioner of the state Department of Military and Veterans Affairs.

Some examples?

"We've deployed individuals in state service all over the state under Sarah Palin," he said. "We had defense men down in Seward for the (Mount) Marathon run doing security.

"Out west and northwest we had erosion problems and the National Guard was involved in some of the protection out there. About three days ago, the Army National Guard picked up a lady from Little Diomede ... at the request of state troopers."

Did Palin directly approve each of those activities?

No, Campbell said. The governor has granted him authority to act on his own in most cases, including life-or-death emergencies when a quick response is required, or minor day-to-day operations.
She is good at having others make her decisions for her though.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:23 AM

3,695 posts, read 11,394,240 times
Quote:

Actually, she wasn't responsible for the Alaska National Guard troops at all while they were in Kuwait. Once the troops are federalized the governor no longer has any oversight or authority over them.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:24 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,958,077 times
Quote:

Heed your own advice my friend:

Quote:
"When members of the National Guard are federalized, they work for the president," Campbell said Wednesday. "It's not just overseas. They could be federalized to go to other states, or they could even be federalized in the state."

Old 09-05-2008, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean98125 View Post
Actually, she wasn't responsible for the Alaska National Guard troops at all while they were in Kuwait. Once the troops are federalized the governor no longer has any oversight or authority over them.
You guys and your facts - please remember - facts don't matter.

I'm just glad someone else read the rest of this post - I stopped reading at Kuwait = Iraq.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections