Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 02:57 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,477,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i am not sure that oreilly is actually complimenting obama in this article. he is reaffirming that the country would definitely go more left-wing under an obama presidency. with the most liberal senator in congress running, accompanied by the 3rd most liberal senator, biden, there is not much room for moderation. obama may be sincere but he is certainly as liberal as john kerry was when he lost the election.
You whack jobs say that every election, lol "The most liberal".

Get some new material!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 02:59 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,687,006 times
Wait until Monday and Tuesday when the rest of the questions are asked and answered.

You will not have the same thought after you see it all.

Did you mention that Obama finally has said the surge was a success?

So he just admitted to O' Reilly that he was wrong on it. But he would not say it directly. He doesn't even have the guts to admit he was so wrong on this.

Old 09-05-2008, 03:02 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,344,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
As far as philosophy goes, Senator Obama is convinced that the federal government should be in control of income distribution and, to some extent, should regulate the free marketplace. That is a classic liberal position, and Obama promotes it well.

death knell
-----------

Yet giving tax breaks to companies only to have them spit in our face and go over-seas is and has been the GOP plan.

That certainly has "worked out" .

Old 09-05-2008, 03:03 PM

382 posts, read 590,195 times
GREAT JOB OBAMA!!!! That's the image of a commander and chief. He has improved greatly. He has perfected his interview/debate skills. He wasn't looking down. He took control. And he stood his ground. I cannot wait for the debates now. An agenda to issues that everyday American's face versus stories/attacks. You tell me which one will win. Obama/Biden must do more TV interviews (since McCain has shut them out) to show Americans that they mean business and the other campaign is a clear joke.

Old 09-05-2008, 03:04 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,831,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
"As far as philosophy goes, Senator Obama is convinced that the federal government should be in control of income distribution and, to some extent, should regulate the free marketplace. That is a classic liberal position, and Obama promotes it well.

The Senator also believes that poor Americans have a basic right to free health care and monetary supplements from the government with no strings attached. The American substance abuser, for example, would derive the same benefit as a hard working, laid off worker would. Again, classic liberalism. No judgments made regarding entitlements."
Throw away all the name calling, rumors and smears, this is the election in a nutshell. Initiative and hard work mean little. Would such a policy develop a great nation? Has it developed ours? No.

Old 09-05-2008, 03:04 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,945,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
Wait until Monday and Tuesday when the rest of the questions are asked and answered.

You will not have the same thought after you see it all.

Did you mention that Obama finally has said the surge was a success?

So he just admitted to O' Reilly that he was wrong on it. But he would not say it directly. He doesn't even have the guts to admit he was so wrong on this.
Have you seen the rest of the interview already? If so I would like to preview it. If not then stop making speculations, wait until Weds and post your hate then.

PS. I think Obama is a jackass as well as Mccain....but I also hate it when people assume and post opinion hidden in facts clothing.

Old 09-05-2008, 03:07 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,477,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post

Again, you guys seem to have a comprehension problem. Obama was quite specific, the original goals for the surge still have not been met. Less violence was not the primary goal of the surge, never was. As usual, the republicans changed the goal posts to try and score points, relying on a group of people who don't read.

He did state that it was a success, in regards to OR's and the liar rights redefined goals of the surge. Sure, that's true. But you weren't listening after that were you?

Old 09-05-2008, 03:38 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,894,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
I have to confess: This is a side Bill O'Reilly that I've never heard of. He's gained some respect from me. And perhaps a lot of others.

Either that, or he sees the Oval Office writing on the wall.

Bill O'Reilly: Bill's Column
O'Riilly has always been fair and balanced, the left just never listened or believed.
People assume he is a right winger because he always tells the truth, and the truth always favors the right.... Pretty simple, huh??

Old 09-05-2008, 03:39 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,894,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
I think it's more that Barack has gained the respect of Bill O'Reilly.
You mean "Dancing Dumbo?" He looked like the limp wristed child he is.... Wait until you see the rest,,,,,,,

Old 09-05-2008, 03:41 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,344,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorback_06 View Post
GREAT JOB OBAMA!!!! That's the image of a commander and chief. He has improved greatly. He has perfected his interview/debate skills. He wasn't looking down. He took control. And he stood his ground. I cannot wait for the debates now. An agenda to issues that everyday American's face versus stories/attacks. You tell me which one will win. Obama/Biden must do more TV interviews (since McCain has shut them out) to show Americans that they mean business and the other campaign is a clear joke.
---------------

I agree he did a great job and he needs to get out there and continue . Mccain has crowned himself only fit commander and Obama must show that is not the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections