Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 09:37 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,995,135 times

Advertisements

McCain lost FIVE US Aircrafts

This is a site by VietNam vets who are not enamored of McCain't.
He might have helped himself by not voting against the bills to help them.

Now, all of these losses are attributed to errors other than the pilots, but either the poor man has a lot of bad luck, or somebody up high was looking out for him.

His father and grandfather are famous four star Naval admirals, after all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 10:07 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,949,903 times
When your daddy and grand daddy are that high up, you get to crash a lot of stuff. Funny how he never measured up to either of them.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:11 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,560,701 times
Well, John tried to fly him, unlike Bush, who only says he flew them, as I am fairly certain he and George dont swap flying stories.

Unfortunately, at the end of his speech, the entire foundation of which seemed to be his "heroism" as a POW.

You know what? Anyone who spent five years as a POW is entitled to a lot of things, including their nations gratitude, but if you think it makes you qualified for the highest office, think again.

In this case, especially this case, this man is unfit to be in charge of the country.

I know, in my heart of hearts, a majority of Americans know this too.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:18 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,810,044 times
Quote:
McCain's fourth aircraft loss occurred July 29, 1967, soon after he was assigned to the USS Forrestal as an A-4 Skyhawk pilot. While seated in the cockpit of his aircraft waiting his turn for takeoff, an accidently fired rocket slammed into McCain's plane. He escaped from the burning aircraft, but the explosions that followed killed 134 sailors, destroyed at least 20 aircraft, and threatened to sink the ship.

Are you seriously trying to blame that on him? Be as partisan as you want, but to blame him for being in an aircraft across the deck from one that had an electrical malfunction is incredibly stupid.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:27 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,995,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post

Are you seriously trying to blame that on him? Be as partisan as you want, but to blame him for being in an aircraft across the deck from one that had an electrical malfunction is incredibly stupid.
It is just that this man has attracted all of these 'coincidences' to himself. Five downed planes just seems like an awful lot to lose, doesn't it?

It's like the kid who misses so many days of school, each with an excuse that looks valid, but after a bit you just stop believing him.

The whole definition of the man's platform seems so involved with his POW experience. I don't think that someone who has such a deep scar in his psyche should be trusted in the presidency.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:33 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,427,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
It is just that this man has attracted all of these 'coincidences' to himself. Five downed planes just seems like an awful lot to lose, doesn't it?

It's like the kid who misses so many days of school, each with an excuse that looks valid, but after a bit you just stop believing him.

The whole definition of the man's platform seems so involved with his POW experience. I don't think that someone who has such a deep scar in his psyche should be trusted in the presidency.
he was a lucky one, most that loose a plane do not return.

I have heard several stories of WWII where pilots had to bail due to damaged parts of aircraft, they were unsafe to land, or they were destroyed during landing because of damage.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post

I don't know anything about the other four, but have you even bothered to look into what happened on the Forrestal? A plane that was missing a safetying pin that keeps missiles from firing accidentally shot one off that hit a jet near the one McCain was waiting to take off in.

Trying to blame that on him is like someone blaming you for someone keying your car in the middle of the night.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:38 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,560,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
I don't know anything about the other four, but have you even bothered to look into what happened on the Forrestal? A plane that was missing a safetying pin that keeps missiles from firing accidentally shot one off that hit a jet near the one McCain was waiting to take off in.
There was a new regulation that allowed the loaders to remove the pin while the aircraft were parked and not in position to launch. This allowed a short to accidentally launch one of the missiles on the Forrestal.

If this plane is mentioned as one of the lost, it is of no fault of McCain's.

There is no question McCain was a terrible pilot and had a terrible flying record, but this one was no fault of his.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:43 PM

It's mentioned specifically in the link as one of the aircraft that was lost. The site also has a long-winded, 16-year old article on how McCain is the Manchurian Candidate.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:46 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,521,056 times
Quote:
"McCain had roughly 20 hours in combat," explains Bill Bell, a veteran of Vietnam and former chief of the U.S. Office for POW/MIA Affairs -- the first official U.S. representative in Vietnam since the 1973 fall of Saigon. "Since McCain got 28 medals," Bell continues, "that equals out to about a medal-and-a-half for each hour he spent in combat.
20 hours in combat = 28 medals?!?

Must be nice to be the Admirals kid.

Quote:
There were infantry guys -- grunts on the ground -- who had more than 7,000 hours in combat and I can tell you that there were times and situations where I'm sure a prison cell would have looked pretty good to them by comparison. The question really is how many guys got that number of medals for not being shot down."
I imagine for those who served as infantry in VietNam it must be difficult to respect a guy a like McCain.

Of course he will keep using his service, POW and Purple Hearts.

Thanks dada McCain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections