Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 11:27 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,287,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
You are going to be sooooo disappointed. This is a man that hated fundamentalist conservatives and blamed them for his results during the 2000 presidential election and now he is putting on an act to appeal to them for this election because it's the only chance he has to win. He will end up being like David Souter on the Supreme Court which is the only reason I don't plan to have a meltdown (like some of you) if my chosen candidate Obama doesn't win.
Palin scares you, doesn't she?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2008, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Hey, if you're ok with voting for a fascist who's going to keep raising our taxes to feed the war machine, go right ahead.
I'm not - I've voting for McCain. Vote for Obama and watch him take away those tax rebates you've enjoyed under Bush, and then raise your taxes more.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
You lost me with 'one of the most inspirational presidents we've ever known.' Let's ask Ron, Jr. how he feels.
Do we care? No, we don't. How sad that he couldn't respect his dad, who was the best president in his lifetime.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:31 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,890,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
Now you're saying that adopted children aren't the real children of those who adopt them?
Yeah, what's up with that? Is this a new liberal viewpoint that took hold since I left the party?

Old 09-06-2008, 11:32 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,890,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
If you don't care what the REAL reagan kids think, then why the hell should we care what the adopted kid thinks?
Wow.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:44 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,060,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Do we care? No, we don't. How sad that he couldn't respect his dad, who was the best president in his lifetime.
You really have no idea what you are talking about. Ron Jr., has a great amount of respect for his father and is very protective of his legacy.

Old 09-06-2008, 02:00 PM

835 posts, read 1,323,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
In the spirit of disclosure, Michael Reagan is a right-wing talk show host, and very opinionated. You love him or you hate him.

He's also Ronald Reagan's son and is intimately in-the-know about the man many of us see as one of the greatest and most inspiring presidents we've ever known.

Michael Reagan is ruthlessly critical of politicians, on both sides. I remember when I was rooting for Fred Thompson I held a grudge for a long time about the comments Reagan made about Thompson, because Thompson had dubbed himself a "Reagan conservative."

His take on the Palin pick? "Welcome Back, Dad".

Michael Reagan Show, political talk radio, war on terror, war in iraq, air force,iraq,small government,uss ronald reagan,gas prices,anti abortion,iran,ronald reagan,afghanistan,radio talk show,nothing is off limits,president bush,osama bin laden,patr

"...I've been trying to convince my fellow conservatives that they have been wasting their time in a fruitless quest for a new Ronald Reagan to emerge and lead our party and our nation. I insisted that we'd never see his like again because he was one of a kind.

I was wrong!

Wednesday night I watched the Republican National Convention on television and there, before my very eyes, I saw my Dad reborn; only this time he's a she..."
Thanks for this post as I had not seen this. I have always really liked Michael Reagan and it is good that he sees his dad in Palin. I didn't get to vote for Reagan, too young, but I am a Reagan conservative and while Palin may be good she will never be the one that ended the cold-war with out a single loss of life or bullet fired. We will miss you Reagan, but thank-you for Palin!

Old 09-06-2008, 02:05 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,855,122 times
She's like Reagan? I don't remember hearing her stumble over her speech.... that was McCain.

Old 09-06-2008, 04:07 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,294,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Palin scares you, doesn't she?
The only thing that scares me is McSame. Lets see, 9/11, additional wars, lack of disregard for hurricane victims, housing crash, economy, etc. Yeah, it's been a stellar 8 years that you and McCain want to repeat.

Old 09-06-2008, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
The only thing that scares me is McSame. Lets see, 9/11, additional wars, lack of disregard for hurricane victims, housing crash, economy, etc. Yeah, it's been a stellar 8 years that you and McCain want to repeat.
09/11 is Bush's fault? You better blame Clinton for that one. If he had done something about bin Laden when had the opportunity, 09/11 would not have happened. Hurricane victims? The hurricane victims in the REST of the gulf coast weren't whining; only the ones in New Orleans. I don't think there was disregard for them at all. They were TOLD to evacuate and they didn't listen. That's Bush's fault? And how many resources were there to help? And continue to be there to help? Lots. AND a lot of the aid went to NO because they were the whiners, when people in the rest of the gulf were affected too, but HELPED THEMSELVES instead of sitting waiting to be rescued. Housing crash? That's not Bush's fault. That is the fault of the greedy banks who loaned money to people who they knew couldn't afford a house. NONE of that is the fault of the Republicans, or Bush, or any political party for that matter. The economy? It's in a slump, but that's the way the economy goes if you haven't noticed. It goes up, it goes down. It is NOT a recession. And cutting taxes and giving tax rebates, not raising taxes, HELPS the economy. Bush has been doing the right thing. If you have noticed, the stock market GOES DOWN when Obama's numbers go up. Investors are AFRAID of Obama getting in office. You wanna see the economy take a nosedive? Elect Obama and you will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections