Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 08:29 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,782,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet52698 View Post
So let me get this straight to those that keep commenting on Michael's adopted status. Because he has different beliefs from his siblings and Nancy, he's not a real Reagan? Or is it because he's adopted that he's not a real Reagan?

Does that mean that because I'm adopted and voting for Obama and my father is a big wig republican supporter I am not his REAL daughter? Are these cheap shots because you don't like the guy or do you really think that adopted children are not REAL members of their adoptive families? If the latter, then your a pathetic waste of oxygen.
well, I think its pretty well know by those in the KNOW that Mike is the outcast. I really feel like Nancy is trending democrate more and more. I keep expecting her to show up and speak at a democratic rally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2008, 08:32 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,615,648 times
Quote:
So let me get this straight to those that keep commenting on Michael's adopted status. Because he has different beliefs from his siblings and Nancy, he's not a real Reagan? Or is it because he's adopted that he's not a real Reagan?

Does that mean that because I'm adopted and voting for Obama and my father is a big wig republican supporter I am not his REAL daughter? Are these cheap shots because you don't like the guy or do you really think that adopted children are not REAL members of their adoptive families?
No one is suggesting anything of the sort. Whether or not Michael Reagan is part of the family is based on his radical position of supporting Republicans that even President Reagan would have despised [ie Bush].

Old 09-06-2008, 08:34 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,662,263 times
Quote:
No one is suggesting anything of the sort. Whether or not Michael Reagan is part of the family is based on his radical position of supporting Republicans that even President Reagan would have despised [ie Bush].
Then why the need to keep using the terms "real" and "adopted"? Isn't it enough to say he's not thought of favorably by his family for his views regardless of his birth status?

Old 09-06-2008, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Then why the need to keep using the terms "real" and "adopted"? Isn't it enough to say he's not thought of favorably by his family for his views regardless of his birth status?
Agree! I never used the term "adopted" btw

Old 09-06-2008, 08:52 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,662,263 times
Quote:
Agree! I never used the term "adopted" btw
Maybe people are unaware, I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt, but when you need to clarify someone by their birth status i.e. real, adopted, birth, etc. then you are already singling that person out and setting them apart from. I find that just as offensive as if someone were singling me out for my gender or my race.

Old 09-06-2008, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Maybe people are unaware, I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt, but when you need to clarify someone by their birth status i.e. real, adopted, birth, etc. then you are already singling that person out and setting them apart from. I find that just as offensive as if someone were singling me out for my gender or my race.
I was referring to philosophic differences not birth but understand & appreciate your point.

Old 09-06-2008, 09:02 PM

53 posts, read 141,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I just love Michael Reagan. Even though he is the ADOPTED son of Ronald Reagan, he is so much more like him than Reagan's own natural kids. Reagan was a great man. I didn't hear Michael say that, but I am going to have to watch it and look at Palin more closely. That makes my heart sing to hear MR say that, though. We could use another Ronald Reagan in the White House.
You are absolutely correct, slim chance of that happening in this current screwed up mess we call a society. He was a great man, honest, straight forward, and God fearing. It is shameful how we have deteriorated in such a short time, if we keep going imagine how disgraceful we will be in 20 years.

Old 09-06-2008, 09:03 PM

53 posts, read 141,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
well, I think its pretty well know by those in the KNOW that Mike is the outcast. I really feel like Nancy is trending democrate more and more. I keep expecting her to show up and speak at a democratic rally.
I was going to say "don't hold your breath"...but now that I think about it go ahead and hold your breath for that.

Old 09-06-2008, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfan View Post
You are absolutely correct, slim chance of that happening in this current screwed up mess we call a society. He was a great man, honest, straight forward, and God fearing. It is shameful how we have deteriorated in such a short time, if we keep going imagine how disgraceful we will be in 20 years.
Republicans are desperate if they are comparing Governor Palin to Ronald Reagan [his family would strongly disagree along with most Republicans - almost sacrilege

Old 09-06-2008, 09:09 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,782,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfan View Post
I was going to say "don't hold your breath"...but now that I think about it go ahead and hold your breath for that.
wow, asking me to die, just cause we are at ods about Nancy Regan. Your the first to want me to DIE over my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections