Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 11:37 AM

3,353 posts, read 4,965,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Obama is a relevant part of the question. Palin actually has EXPERIENCE running a govt. Obama doesn't. But you're going to shoot down any answer that anyone gives. Bottom line - Palin is a lot more prepared to be president than Obama is. She knows how to lead. Obama has done nothing.
No, I'm not. The question posed was why is PALIN ready to step into the position of Commander in Chief. Has nothing to do with Obama.

Why is PALIN ready?

A comparison of the candidates was not solicited nor does it answer the question.

Why is PALIN ready?

If your answer is "she knows how to lead" then you answered it (however, that would not get you full marks for answering an essay question).

You said:

"Palin is a lot more prepared to be president than Obama is."

Why? Please elaborate, if you care to, on how she is so prepared. Obama is not relevant to the question posed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2008, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Lovely, no one who defends her ticket can come up with an answer.
I know. I love this thread. It's like the Tucker Bounds interview. I'll try and fill in for Campbell Scott but she's better than I am, esp since you can't see me making the same faces when the question is endlessly avoided.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:39 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,861,667 times
Ok so she ran a government. I give her credit for that...

But she said she doesn't know what the VP does.
She doesn't know what that pesky war is all about.
She has some skeletons in her closet that need addressing.

I think in the coming weeks as "her story" unfolds, she will definitely be a farse and the American people won't buy it.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:44 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,708 times
I would trust her more to be president that I would trust Obama to be Vice President
he does not qualify for the number two slot.
You people say Mccain uses fear, that is a joke.
It is Obama and his minions that uses these little webs trying to scare folks.
I can not wait for the debates when Obama looks like the Baffoon he is.
He is not fit for office, peroid.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:46 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,478,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
Ok so she ran a government. I give her credit for that...

But she said she doesn't know what the VP does.
She doesn't know what that pesky war is all about.
She has some skeletons in her closet that need addressing.

I think in the coming weeks as "her story" unfolds, she will definitely be a farse and the American people won't buy it.
It's sad when someone running for VP doesn't know what that job entails. She doesn't know why we're in IRAQ?...omg...scary. Honestly, she should really go back "home" where she is needed. She has a 17 year old unwed pregnant teenage daughter and a Down's syndrome kid who will need her full attention for the rest of his life. This woman has no time to help run the U.S. much less be commander in chief if old man McCain gets sick and dies. I can't believe the stupidity of some of the people in the Republican party. Palin's nomination is a "gimmick".... plain and simple.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I would trust her more to be president that I would trust Obama to be Vice President
he does not qualify for the number two slot.
You people say Mccain uses fear, that is a joke.
It is Obama and his minions that uses these little webs trying to scare folks.
I can not wait for the debates when Obama looks like the Baffoon he is.
He is not fit for office, peroid.
Did not come even close to answering the actual question posed.

Will the witness please answer the question.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:52 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,478,886 times
The Palinites have no answer for the question because she's simply not qualified. It's quite scary to believe that the Republicans are pulling out magic tricks, such as the Palin nomination. Do they really think Americans are that dumb to believe this "soccer mom" from the backwoods of Alaska is qualified to be VP or God forbid, president? It's sad to see this country continue to go down the drain....truly sad.

Old 09-06-2008, 01:00 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
He has been in Senate for 144 months, has voted "present" most of the time, and has been CAMPAIGNING FOR PRESIDENT most of that time. What experience?!
About 3% of the time. That's hardly "most of the time".

Old 09-06-2008, 01:01 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
OK, so not one single good answer so far... hhhhmmmm...

Old 09-06-2008, 01:44 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,944,421 times
If Dan Quayle can do it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections