Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 08:06 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,042,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSweetWorld View Post
you won't see a bump until monday or tuesday for the GOPers
Yes. It takes them a while to hobble over to the rotary phone and call in their opinions.

Republican Voter: HELLO?
Phone: (dial tone)
RV: IS THIS THE OPERATOR?
RV: I want to vote for that nice John fellow. The one who doesn't want us all to become Commies. Oh, and also. If you see my son anywhere, tell him it's okay that he never calls, even if I could die tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2008, 08:14 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,972,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
The point is, college kids are more intelligent than you give them credit for.
Somehow, I don't think your three kids represent all the college students in America. Believe it or not, there are thousands and thousands of intelligent kids out there who might not think the same way your kids do. Especially kids who have gone through or who have known friends in similar situations.

I give college kids credit for being able to think for themselves and for being just as intelligent as the rest of the adult population. But intelligent people make assumptions all the time. Everyone in this forum is making certain assumptions about their candidate, mostly based on what they want to believe. You strike me as an intelligent person, but you've made assumptions that the things you read (that agree with your point of view) must be correct. I make assumptions, too. I base them off of my experience of going out on a daily basis registering voters and talking with people.

Old 09-06-2008, 08:19 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,215,188 times
yes, but he is really down by two, remember he was up the other day~~~~~~~~

Old 09-06-2008, 08:19 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,783,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Look...

Obama backers need to check their swagger at the door. Because under almost ANY other circumstances, McCain would win handily. Obama is in this thing because G W Bush set the table for him with 8 years of incomptence, corruption, and ruinous policy.

This election is gonna be close.
well thats ALWAYS the case when the opposing party wins...they are tired of the current administation. whats new

Old 09-06-2008, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Yes. It takes them a while to hobble over to the rotary phone and call in their opinions.

Republican Voter: HELLO?
RV: IS THIS THE OPERATOR?
RV: I want to vote for that nice John fellow. The one who doesn't want us all to become Commies. Oh, and also. If you see my son anywhere, tell him it's okay that he never calls, even if I could die tomorrow.

wow, this sounds like you have an issue with your parents??

Old 09-06-2008, 08:28 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,042,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
wow, this sounds like you have an issue with your parents??
LOL.

I love the way Pubs always have such a great sense of humor.

Old 09-06-2008, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
LOL.

I love the way Pubs always have such a great sense of humor.

I am a democrat, I might add, of the old party, when it meant something
good, not now when it is deplorable.

Old 09-06-2008, 08:44 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,783,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I am a democrat, I might add, of the old party, when it meant something
good, not now when it is deplorable.
You were never a democrat, NEVER. Your name is a pseudo name. You chose this name to give the impression that Dems are switching to Republicans. I have read nearly all of your posts on the political forums and you don't have a liberal bone about you. Im on to your game.

That said, your welcome to your views...I have no problem with them. Don't agree with any of them, but I just don't care for the facade

Old 09-07-2008, 06:22 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,972,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
You were never a democrat, NEVER. Your name is a pseudo name. You chose this name to give the impression that Dems are switching to Republicans. I have read nearly all of your posts on the political forums and you don't have a liberal bone about you. Im on to your game.

That said, your welcome to your views...I have no problem with them. Don't agree with any of them, but I just don't care for the facade
LOL, lots of gameplaying going on all over the place. My favorite was the phonies who started dropping in on this forum right before the dnc--people who had posted they were republicans on other CD forums (for example, on a forum for their city), but then tried to come on this forum and pretend to be democrats. I guess people don't realize how easy it is to see through this--and to check posting histories.

Old 09-07-2008, 07:37 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,994,056 times
Rasmussen Reports™: The most comprehensive public opinion coverage ever provided for a presidential election. (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/daily_presidential_tracking_poll - broken link)

Quote:
Tracking Poll results are based upon nightly telephone interviews and reported on a three-day rolling average basis. As a result, tomorrow (Monday) will be the first update based entirely upon interviews conducted after McCain’s speech. By Tuesday or Wednesday, the net impact of both political conventions should be fairly clear.
Now tied - obama had an 6 point lead. So, a 6point bounce for McCain - so far.

Gallup had obama by 8 - now it's 2.

The CBS poll had obama by 8, now it's tied and that doesn't include the speeches by Palin and McCain.

Most pollsters say the dust will settle sometime this week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections