Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you give the MOST credit for Obama's lead being so small?
The media (news) 3 7.14%
Hollywood 0 0%
The long Primaries 3 7.14%
McCain's talent at campaigning 0 0%
Obama's lack of experience 18 42.86%
Other 15 35.71%
I dont think anything has hindered Obama...the "blowout" predicted was just hot air 3 7.14%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 10:47 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,701,855 times

Advertisements

What do you give the MOST credit for Obama's lead being so small?

Forecasts predicted a Democrat would win this election by 13% or more, but that simply has not panned out. So why do you think that is? Who/What is most to blame. Please elaborate below.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2008, 11:00 PM

826 posts, read 1,625,360 times
Because, uhh, he can't uhh speak well without uhhh teleuhhhprompter didn't you hear his uhhh speech when he uhhh was talking ahhh about a breathalizerrruhhh? I am talking uhhhabout Bar-ahhh-k Obama-uhhh.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:03 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,684,873 times
Because his phonyness was caught lying, flip flopping and showed us all he is not ready for prime time.
He is a made up politician by the Chicago political machine and has failed everyone so far.
His expectations were so high too. Oh well, he can go back to being a lousy liberal senator.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:06 PM

115 posts, read 310,135 times
He has no experience. I don't like his wife.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:30 PM

1,316 posts, read 2,464,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash83 View Post
Because, uhh, he can't uhh speak well without uhhh teleuhhhprompter didn't you hear his uhhh speech when he uhhh was talking ahhh about a breathalizerrruhhh? I am talking uhhhabout Bar-ahhh-k Obama-uhhh.
Everyone has their own way of speaking and thought process before words come of their mouth. Fortunately Obama thinks before he speaks, unlike his opponent. McCain gets the words out all right but unfortunately it's either lies or misspeaking. I would rather have a President who is an intelligent stutterer than a less than intelligent senior who can't get his facts straight on foreign policy and has no clue about our plummeting economy and increased unemployment rate. No thanks. It's been eight long years listening to literally the most ignorant President we ever had in office and it's time we nominate someone with brains this time.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:32 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,701,855 times
I just think experience was so important to so many Americans, and Barack Obama just doesn't possess that essential experience.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:35 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,157,105 times
You forgot to include, "Because he's black."

Old 09-06-2008, 11:37 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Obama has no experience to start.
He is full of hot air (slick willy)
His wife is hateful, angry and not 1st lady like at all has not really done anything exceptional. Does not know how to dress either!

Obama has criminal ties do not need another Clinton fiasco in the White House.

Shall I go on?

Old 09-06-2008, 11:37 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,675,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo7 View Post
Everyone has their own way of speaking and thought process before words come of their mouth. Fortunately Obama thinks before he speaks, unlike his opponent. McCain gets the words out all right but unfortunately it's either lies or misspeaking. I would rather have a President who is an intelligent stutterer than a less than intelligent senior who can't get his facts straight on foreign policy and has no clue about our plummeting economy and increased unemployment rate. No thanks. It's been eight long years listening to literally the most ignorant President we ever had in office and it's time we nominate someone with brains this time.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:38 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,920,405 times
Simply from a strategic point of view, I cannot fathom why you democrats did not pick Hilary. I am still scratching my head about that one! You idiots could not see that experience would play a HUGE role once you got your canidate into the final dance against McCain?

I believe had you picked Hilary, you all would have a huge lead in the polls right now. Instead, on Monday, that lead will be wipped out and you will never get it back!

Obama? Are you kidding? I don't think he could properly manage a local Kmart much less our country. He is just not ready
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections