Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Sarah Palin run for President?
Yes 9 20.45%
No 35 79.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 06:59 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,229,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post

I don't think the American people will stand for the constant mantra of "the stupid woman" routine that will be the predominant outcry by the left.

That has been played out. It's as stale as yesterdays newspaper.
If you look at the trend of her unfavorable ratings over time, you can see it's not a stale claim about her lack of intelligence - in fact, it's something that more and more people are catching on to. And it's hardly only the left making that claim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 07:18 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,964,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
maybe cause so many of the country think it couldn't be run worse?
Huh?
Where were you from 2001-2009?

Old 05-27-2011, 07:46 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:

Nita
Sure it could, elect Palin and you would see much much worse. We wuld be the laughing stock of the world.
Casper

Old 05-27-2011, 10:01 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Huh?
Where were you from 2001-2009?
Actually the country was booming until 2007..when Dems took over congress. As for Palin, liberals greatly feared her potential for popularity so they absolutely destroyed her. the masses started thinking exactly what they were programmed to believe, and now her negatives are far too high to have any chance of winning. She knows it which is why I don't think she will run.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:46 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,964,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Actually the country was booming until 2007...
oi.
the $hit hit the fan in 2007.
It had been piling up and stinking to high heaven for the six years prior.

Setting aside the twenty or two hundred other deliberate and conscious acts perpetrated...
the off budget no taxes to support it war expenses were the #1 thing in that pile.

what flavor of that Kool-Aid is it that you prefer?

Old 05-27-2011, 11:03 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times
I think if Palin was intending to run for POTUS she'd be off the FOX News payroll.

Old 05-27-2011, 11:03 AM

956 posts, read 1,114,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Actually the country was booming until 2007..when Dems took over congress. As for Palin, liberals greatly feared her potential for popularity so they absolutely destroyed her. the masses started thinking exactly what they were programmed to believe, and now her negatives are far too high to have any chance of winning. She knows it which is why I don't think she will run.
Sarah Palin destroyed herself, and the blame ends there. She was not feared nor was she envied by anyone to the left of the isle. Her socially conservative rhetoric and super-model looks aside, she really didn't have anything else going for her. Her credentials were mediocre, she couldn't put together coherent sentences, and lacked basic knowledge. And despite all evidence pointing to that conclusion, her cheerleaders come on here blaming the media that she couldn't name a founding father, a newspaper that she read, the responsibilities of the Vice-President, etc. Not only that, but she launched personal attacks on then candidate Obama, which only further ruined her credibility once it was discovered that the preacher of abstinence-only was mother to a pregnant teenager. I could write an essay of all of the things which Palin did to ruin her credibility, but if you still believe that she is Presidential material at this stage, I would be wasting both of our time.

Old 05-27-2011, 11:21 AM

22,187 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:

Nita
Judging by the fact she is not just losing but getting DEMOLISHED in every single poll, I highly doubt that. Her #'s are as bad as Trump's.

Last 5 polls she trails Obama by 19,21,19,21 and 22.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:44 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,435,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Oh, aren't you funny, not! OK, I'll rephrase my statement. It is widely thought to be a campaign stunt. Happy now?

BTW: Palin To Embark On East Coast Bus Tour : NPR (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=136686493 - broken link)

Palin's tour announcement is the strongest signal yet that she is considering a presidential bid, despite her failure to take traditional steps such as organizing a campaign team in early primary states.
Yeah, that's just the media trying to make a story out of nothing....that's what they do sometimes...that's how they make a living. Look at what is says, "despite her failure to take traditional steps such as organizing a campaign team in early primary states".....do you know why that is? How about because she's not going to run for president....there's no failure.

They have to make it sound like it's a lot more than it is and they realize they need to hash over the obvious in some way with their reporting to make it sound convincing without stating straight out lies. In this case by making it sound like it's unimportant in this situation that she's actually done nothing that a politician does when their preparing to run for president because she's Palin, she crazy and doesn't know what she's doing. Notice though, there's no lies...all it says is that it's her strongest signal yet...they're not even claiming that she's preparing to run.....just that it's a signal that she's considering running.

She's just making a living with a movie she's involved in with partner(s). That's not news, that's nothing worth reporting. The way they're doing it now, it's months worth of stories they make out of this to fill up the news.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:07 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,435,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
How about you taking the duty of keeping me up on what SNL is doing. I haven't watched that thing on purpose for many years.
I know what you mean...if it got political, it was funny without being biased. They abused all politicians without an agenda interfering with the humor. Of course it's not going to be funny at all to the viewers that have the opposite agenda. I'm pretty much in the middle and the fact that it's biased doesn't bother me, it's that they rely on it way too much for the humor. I guess if you're a cheerleader for that side in which case it's funny and you agree with them too...a win-win. To me it's like, "Okay, I got it the first couple times you said it but, how many more times are you gonna go there, it's getting old...fast"....and then I fall asleep with the TV on. They don't even sign off at night any more so that you at least wake up from that loud tone they used to play and then shut the TV off....it just stays on for hours and end up with a lousy night's sleep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections