U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Sarah Palin run for President?
Yes 9 20.45%
No 35 79.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 05:10 PM

2,601 posts, read 7,857,593 times

Advertisements

The problem is despite the old stereotypes Blacks are not that dumb. A Black Democratic Palin is not possible- although an ultra liberal Black Dem is all too possible and not something I would want.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 05:14 PM

31,371 posts, read 33,799,061 times
"What if Palin was Black and a Democrat?"

She's still be an idiot.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:15 PM

19,732 posts, read 13,469,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMecca View Post
I happened upon a couple of interesting blogs about how there is no talk about possible double standards with Race in regards to the Presidential race....

The blog is here:
Some Facts To Consider - Race To The White House

Some quotes:
If you're a minority and you're selected for a job over more qualified candidates you're a "token hire." If you're a conservative and you're selected for a job over more qualified candidates you're a "game changer."

If you live in an Urban area and you get a girl pregnant you're a "baby daddy." If you're the same in Alaska you're a "teen father." (Actually, according to your own MySpace page you're an "F'n redneck that don't want any kids").

Black teen pregnancies? A "crisis" in black America . White teen pregnancies? A "blessed event."

If you grow up in Hawaii you're "exotic." Grow up in Alaska eating mooseburgers, you're the quintessential "American story."

Similarly, if you name you kid Barack you're "unpatriotic." Name your kid Track, you're "colorful."

If you're a Democrat and you make a VP pick without fully vetting the individual you're "reckless." A Republican who doesn't fully vet is a "maverick."

If you say that for the "first time in my adult lifetime I'm really proud of my country" it makes you "unfit" to be First Lady. If you are a registered member of a fringe political group that advocates secession that makes you "First Dude."

A DUI from twenty years ago is "old news." A speech given without proper citation from twenty years ago is "relevant information."

That really got me thinking...remember Mississippi Burning where the lawyer could only get people to see his point was when he did a role reversal at the very end...lets do that here:

....lets put a harsh reversal on everything: what if Barack had chosen a little known black women with 5 kids who had a birth defected baby that she just had less than a year ago...who also had a pregnant teen daughter with a boyfriend with a myspace page that said 'im a thug and ill kick your as$' on it -- how would everyone react?

Thats the same scenario colored in black. Makes you think huh. Imagine the racist comments that would be all over the US if that happened

(Go ahead and further the reversal in your mind and stick Biden on the Republican side in this Bizzaro world scenario. He would be hailed as a fine choice)

She'd still be stupid. Next question...

Old 06-02-2011, 07:41 AM

2,796 posts, read 5,695,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
God help us.
The woman truly is an idiot and a train wreck.
I don't think people are stupid enough to get her past the primaries.
Sounds like Obama's credentials.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:27 PM

4,200 posts, read 5,700,782 times
Sarah Palin has the Media whipped into a frenzie. She's got'em drooling all over her. If she can keep the media's focus on her like this, she'll be doing a bang-up job. She just may jump in the race and could take hold of it too.

Old 06-03-2011, 06:03 AM

77,813 posts, read 91,466,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
God help us.
The woman truly is an idiot and a train wreck.
I don't think people are stupid enough to get her past the primaries.
I still don't think we have to worry. I have my doubts if she will run. She is enjoying the attention and publicity, but she has too much to lose if she jumps in.

Nita

Old 06-03-2011, 06:39 AM

3,528 posts, read 5,465,616 times
My goodness if this lady somehow turns out and wins
Our country has literally turned into a giant reality episode or dancing with the starts etc..

what a scary thought having sara palin
The perosn who wrote the book recentley was on the radio
he was stating how her management skills
and how she handles pressure was her worst characteristic

I cant imagine the american people are this blind
why on earth would anyone vote for the bafoon

do you really really want our country run by her
we are literally doomed if she wins

to be upfront she just scares the hell out of me
I may as well throw my hat in the ring
she has a temper
flys off the handle
does not handle critisism
her way or now way literally

this country has fallen- if this is really all the gop has to offer time to
pack up look to canada or englad for citizenship

Old 06-03-2011, 05:36 PM

17,824 posts, read 21,290,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyandcloudydays View Post
My goodness if this lady somehow turns out and wins
Our country has literally turned into a giant reality episode or dancing with the starts etc..

what a scary thought having sara palin
The perosn who wrote the book recentley was on the radio
he was stating how her management skills
and how she handles pressure was her worst characteristic

I cant imagine the american people are this blind
why on earth would anyone vote for the bafoon

do you really really want our country run by her
we are literally doomed if she wins

to be upfront she just scares the hell out of me
I may as well throw my hat in the ring
she has a temper
flys off the handle
does not handle critisism
her way or now way literally

this country has fallen- if this is really all the gop has to offer time to
pack up look to canada or englad for citizenship
You know you are doing something right when liberal freaks go into a tizzy and begin foaming at the mouth about fleeing the country.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:25 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,415,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
So, Palin's definitely running, just as we always knew she would. Is she the blend of Tea Party Libertarian/Christian Conservative qualities the GOP has been waiting for? Everyone ready for the melodrama she's bound to inject into the race?
Sorry to jump into this thread late, but isn't Libertarian/Christian Conservative an oxymoron? Not that a Christian can't be a Libertarian, I am an evangelical Libertarian, but never interject religion into politics. Usually when someone claims they are a Christian Conservative, they usually err on the side of big government moral policies, and major intervention world wide. , ala George Bush, Mike Huckabee and current presidential candidate Rick Santorum.

Just a thought. Please go away Ms. Palin.

Old 06-04-2011, 05:06 PM

4,088 posts, read 3,936,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jufrbo View Post
Sorry to jump into this thread late, but isn't Libertarian/Christian Conservative an oxymoron? Not that a Christian can't be a Libertarian, I am an evangelical Libertarian, but never interject religion into politics. Usually when someone claims they are a Christian Conservative, they usually err on the side of big government moral policies, and major intervention world wide. , ala George Bush, Mike Huckabee and current presidential candidate Rick Santorum.

Just a thought. Please go away Ms. Palin.
<<Sorry to jump into this thread late, but isn't Libertarian/Christian Conservative an oxymoron?>>

You'd think so, wouldn't you?

But apparently not, because virtually everyone in the GOP these days claims to be both. Personally I think the Palins, Pauls and Ryans out there are phony libertarians. For example, a true libertarian would have to support a woman's right to an abortion, wouldn't he? To be intellectually consistent? I mean, is he for personal freedom and limited laws, or not?

In fact, wouldn't a true libertarian have to be an atheist (like Ayn Rand)?

I think the GOP "leaders" are phony Christians too, but that's an issue for another thread.

Since you brought it up, what about you? You say you are a libertarian AND an evangelical Christian? But not a "Christian Conservative"? And you "never interject religion into politics"?

All that is very confusing to me. Political choices have moral and ethical consequences. Doesn't your faith inform your morals and ethics? How do you separate what you believe from how you vote? For example, are you for or against abortion? Doesn't your faith have anything to do with where you come down on that issue politically? If not, what DO you base your decisions on? And, of what use and purpose is your faith, if it's not a guide to how you live your life?

While I'm at it, since you're a Christian Libertarian, how do you reconcile the teachings of Jesus Christ with a political system that espouses acting in one's personal self-interest as the greatest good? I'm genuinely curious to hear how you make sense out of this.

(BTW, I'm with you on the "go away Ms Palin" part. But I'm afraid she's going to be with us for a looooong time. Palin perfectly reflects our pathologically narcissistic culture- whether she runs for president next year, or just pockets her PAC money and goes back to being a celebretard, she's not going anywhere)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections