U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Sarah Palin run for President?
Yes 9 20.45%
No 35 79.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 11:42 AM

44,884 posts, read 30,164,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2four View Post
on second thought...I dont think Palin is running....she needed an exit from Alaska, and Arizona, being the peace loving patriots that she longs for, is a perfect spot for the palin family.

reason I say she will not run is similiar to her reality buddy donald trump...she will have to release her financial records, and open up the books of the fishing business and dog sledding operation that she owns with todd palin....I dont think she wants to disclose that information....

and if she does, can you imagine how much fish they have caught and sold and how many dog sledding adventures they have done since 2008? it has to be a "boatload" considering they purchased a nearly $1.7M dollar home in cash...
I see that you have been reading too many left leaning blogs and failed to realize that she has made a pile from books. Those of us who really like her do buy those books and maybe that is where she makes all her millions. I think that bloggers usually try to avoid as much truth as they can to make their points
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2011, 11:43 AM

585 posts, read 1,027,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
That little cameo didn't let Tina really get started and it surely didn't do a lot to prove the stupidity of Sarah Palin. However it did point out that Fey is surely a bit hard up, financially, and willing to use her Palin oriented spot to get some left leaning cash.
in the same way that Will Ferrell imitates George Bush? or when the saturday night guys imitate President Obama? its all fun and games

Old 05-25-2011, 11:45 AM

44,884 posts, read 30,164,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Palin is at least as scary as the other Republican steamrollers gearing up for a run.
Do you really believe what you just said knowing what we all know about the trip to Europe that is keeping Obama from his coming photo op in Joplin? Surely they could fire up the plane for a quick trip to Joplin and get him back soon enough to deliver speeches like the one to the British Parliament today. Hell, he reads all of them anyway so he could surely find time.

Old 05-25-2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:
I see that you have been reading too many left leaning blogs and failed to realize that she has made a pile from books. Those of us who really like her do buy those books and maybe that is where she makes all her millions. I think that bloggers usually try to avoid as much truth as they can to make their points
Im sure you can read between the lines and realize I was saying that she will probably be very leary of filling out any financial related forms, showing her net worth, investments, debts, financial dealings and the like.....

Old 05-25-2011, 11:49 AM

9,320 posts, read 17,341,020 times
Any one of the republicans running are far more qualified than Obama. All have far more real life/business experience than Obama has ever had. Granted this term as our president should qualify him for some job in the future...one would hope at least.

8,536 posts, read 6,699,402 times
Quote:
Maybe you won't want to share your position with me but here is a question that I think you should answer before you call the woman hilarious again. When was the last time you listened to her talk about anything? When was the last time you heard her talking in context other than a few sound bites from left leaning blogs? I will surmise it was back in 2008 which Obama thinks is the year we are in right now.
How can anyone stand that whiny blackboard scratching voice to EVEN listen to her?

38,873 posts, read 22,121,349 times
Smile wimper and whine, wnine, whine...

Quote:
Do you really believe what you just said knowing what we all know about the trip to Europe that is keeping Obama from his coming photo op in Joplin?
I leave all of that belief stuff for believers.

Quote:
Surely they could fire up the plane for a quick trip to Joplin and get him back soon enough to deliver speeches like the one to the British Parliament today. Hell, he reads all of them anyway so he could surely find time.
You mean so you could whine about Obama abandoning important international meetings just to walk through the rubble for photo ops?

Old 05-25-2011, 11:50 AM

2,531 posts, read 2,217,742 times
Please....stop obsessing over this lady....I don't see how you've concluded that this movie means she's definitely running. She's not going to run for office. She found out after the election was over that she had some star power (triggered mostly by the people that obsess over her) that she had better cash in on while she could. That's why she resigned as governor...the job doesn't pay much compared to what she can make in the media. She's making money...a lot of it too....while she can. This film maker is going to make money selling tickets to her audience...some of the same people that bought her book. The movie is a follow up to it, that she surely will be getting her cut of the profits the film makes. She didn't commission it so she could use it to launch a presidential campaign....she authorized it by signing a deal with the film maker to make money from it.

It's her haters that created her star power. She goes to Twitter and types something and everyone that hates her, starts talking about it....it ends up on national news (probably even international). Her haters tell her to shut up, that they're tired of hearing her talk but, she didn't say anything to them.....they all went to her, to find out if she's said anything new today. An audience is an audience...it doesn't matter if they hate you or if they love you....they're still an audience and that = $$$$$.

Even her daughter ended up with some star power from all the haters....enough for the producers of "Dancing with the Stars" to offer her a spot on their show. Programs like that are good for jump starting or reviving a person's career.

Keep calling her an idiot though, she's laughing all the way to the bank because of it.

Old 05-25-2011, 11:50 AM

4,088 posts, read 3,951,846 times
Quote:
Palin can sit on her butt, doing nothing and as this thread proves you libs will keep her name before all of us. In doing like the OP did let me say that I believe that you people must really fear her or you wouldn't work so hard to try to convince people that she is like so many of you.
It is not us libs keeping Palin front and center.

If you google "Palin documentary" you'll find numerous reports today from conservative web blogs speculating on Palin's intentions, just as we are in this thread. My sense is the GOP Right Wing (is that redundant?) HATES the prospect of running Romney/Pawlenty/Huntsman. All are WAY too moderate. They are holding out for someone who can excite the base- like you-know-who.

The Palin film is set to premiere in Iowa next month. Now why would Palin commission a biographical documentary, and have it open in the state that hosts the first caucuses for 2012, if she wasn't running?

Old 05-25-2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Do you really believe what you just said knowing what we all know about the trip to Europe that is keeping Obama from his coming photo op in Joplin? Surely they could fire up the plane for a quick trip to Joplin and get him back soon enough to deliver speeches like the one to the British Parliament today. Hell, he reads all of them anyway so he could surely find time.

maybe the President should send the lil midget, Eric Cantor to Joplin..after all, Cantor said yesterday he was not going to release any emergency relief funds for Joplin unless they cut an equal amount out of the budget....talk about playing politics when people have lost everything.....sad but true
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections