Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 03:43 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,848,172 times

Advertisements

no, but the liberals won't do anything to get them off the streets. most panhandlers are drug addicts, not mental cases. let's not forget the the panhandling guitar playing hippie that is allowed to beg on the streets. that really makes for a comfortable experience. reagan? what does he have to do with anything? did I say I was a reagan supporter? hell no! he didn't slash enough federal programs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashrob123 View Post
So, the "liberal" brought homelessness. That's a new one. I thought it started with the massive cuts in mental health hospitals that took place during the Regan administration. Gee, all along, we've all been wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 03:47 PM

I don't need your definition to anything. this was a response to someone who had misused the term "racist." I know exactly what the word means. I have no problem with people voting. I have a problem with agendas. bringing in someone to vote for "your guy." that gets annoying.

Quote:
First of all, racism is more than racial prejudice so let's first use the correct term. The word that you are looking for is bigoted or prejudiced.

So, to rephrase, is it bigoted to vote for a black person just because they are black? Answer no. But it is bigoted to vote against someone because they are black (or white).

Voting for someone because you see it as a good thing isn't bigoted. It is only when you vote against someone that it becomes bad. I'm not voting for McCain because McCain is (in my opinion) the worst choice for a country in peril, not because he's white.

Who would have thought that people would actually be against bring in first time voters in America? Geesh, what are we coming to in this country.

Old 09-09-2008, 03:48 PM

but you claimed that most mixed people called themselves black. I have never heard that from anyone.

Quote:
Your friends do not total to the entire population of mixed black people in this nation. So, what you should have said is the people that I know call themselves mixed race not that all do.

Old 09-09-2008, 03:49 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,588,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Lady View Post
I find it extemely sad that the color of a man is used in judgement of his intelligence. One has nothing to do with the other.

It's not the measure, dumb people of all races exist. Dumbo exemplifies stupidity, his pigmentation has nothing to do with it.

Old 09-09-2008, 03:52 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,588,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
There are entirely too many white racists in America in general, as well as the South and rural parts of America particularly, for Obama to ovecome. Obama is good for America and can get the country out of its current situation; but, although there are many color-blind whites, there are far too many white Americans who cannot see past skin color. Republicans will deny it, and others will refuse to admit it, but it is the sad the truth.

For every racist white I'll raise you a racist black. Dumbo followed one for 20 years and it cost him in spades. Say g'nite Dumbo.

Old 09-09-2008, 03:52 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,697,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So I guess you want to flee from Obama's bigger tax cut if you're middle class? I know I sure don't want to flee from that extra dough!!!
This is the best illustration of the differences between the candidates regarding the tax cuts I've seen to date.
Thanks very much for posting this.

Old 09-09-2008, 03:54 PM

351 posts, read 487,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
but you claimed that most mixed people called themselves black. I have never heard that from anyone.
Talk to some black people. They will tell you.

Old 09-09-2008, 03:55 PM

I talk to black people everyday.

Quote:
Talk to some black people. They will tell you.

Old 09-09-2008, 04:20 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,526,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Are you in the South? That is a helluva generalization you are making.
Please, you have to be hiding under a rock to know that the South is not the powder keg of black white racism in the US (compared to other parts of the US).
If not, then why was the ad that was used against Harold Ford in 2006 (the almost nude blonde white girl who said "I met Harold at the playboy party!") cost him the election in the race against Crocker (or whoever his GOP opponent was)?

Old 09-09-2008, 04:25 PM

6,542 posts, read 12,040,501 times
Obama doesn't need the South, except for Virginia, and that's if he doesn't win Colorado.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections