Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 06:57 PM

881 posts, read 1,584,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
Well, depending on his audience Obama either sounds like a professor or a street hustler. He's very adaptable that way.
Obama was a street huslter, possibly even a drug dealer for 3 years, since "Obama doesn't remember a whole lot of people and places in his life" --> That is the actual response his campaign had when asked about all the address and missing names on his Pesidential questionarie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Sanrene: I find your support of Palin interesting. What positions does she hold--specifically--regarding education, immigration, the economy and foreign policy--that persuades you to support her? The fact that she is "personable, charming, confident and poised" might be perfectly sufficient if she were running for Prom Queen. But she's running as a Vice Presidential candidate. Which of her positions do you support?
Education: Involved in the PTA to help improive local schools. Fire teachers that do a crappy job and end the "teachers can never be fired" monopolies placed on school districts. Offer parents choices where their kids go to school. End that nonsense of forcing kids to ride 2h in a school bus to go to school so that the kid has to go to a school and balance races in schools. Offer vouchers to kids who are in crappy schools to put these kids in good schools.

Taxes: Lower taxes. End oil company tax subsidies. Cancel out the Obama and Biden approved 2007 $16 Billion/year in tax breaks for oil companies. Palin has a RECORD of doing so in Alaska. NO NEW TAXES FOR ANYONE!! PERIOD! REDUCE small business taxes so that JOBS CAN BE CREATED.

Immigration: I am not sure here. AK doesn't have a major problem with illegals. I am sure she will be for closed borders (she is socially conservative) and probably from some form of the McCain (or even Obama's) guest worker BS policies. I am not sure though.

Economy: NOT add $1 Trillion per year of new spending as proposed by B. Hussein. Government doesn't create jobs, other than Fed jobs and military, and these are limited. PRIVATE SECTOR CREATE JOBS, thus businesses need low taxes to be able to create jobs. Any economist or college kid taking economics can tell you that. See tax policies above as to HOW McCain-Palin will create new jobs. DRILL FOR OIL AND NATURAL GAS, something Obama does NOT want to do. Build 40 new nuclear electricity plants by 2030 (McCain proposal). Lower energy bills for Americans to stimulate the economy.

Foreign policy: Win in Iraq and pull all combat troops out in the near future and continue the progress made by the McCain-poposed Surge. Maintain a base in Iraq for non-combat operations like we have in Germany, Japan, Korea, Italy, Spain (Navy base), etc. Pressure Iran and support the Israelis in defending themselves. DRILL FOR OIL AND NATURAL GAS, so that we can stop sending our enemies money and become energy independent.

Government: End earmarks once and for all. That is a McCain-Palin plataform. Reduce the size of government, to end the deficit. End government programs that don't work. See tax policy for more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
It looks like Gibson is taking a real beating judging by the comments on that ABC site.
I am not sure why??? Gibson was sarcastic, condescending, and aggressive towards Palin. He was a total Obama attack dog. I thought he was an Obama advisor asking Palin the questions, but then the wife said "hey, that's Charles Gibson from ABC". I never watch the All Barack Cohorts (ABC) network, so I didn't remember him right off the bat.

I would have thought the Obama fans would be very happy he attacked and mocked Palin like that. Maybe they are upset that Palin smacked Gibson on his butt and sent him off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 07:56 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,829,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post
Where did you see this? I haven't watched all the on line vids and haven't seen it there yet, and I didn't see that in the TV interview.
Sorry, I was burning my dinner! Am I the only one who gets online and forgets everything else?

Okay, to answer your question, I heard it on a news channel, but here is one article from Politico.

[URL="http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0908/13397.html"]Obama to pressure McCain on openness - Mike Allen - Politico.com[/URL]

[URL="http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gBhYEJWejryfFK_aE759VvlfLeeQD935DO8G3"][/URL]

Old 09-12-2008, 08:01 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,024,408 times
No, you aren't the only one who forgets all else.

I will say I thought Palin didn't sound as bad tonight as she did last night, but that's not difficult. I think there is more on tonight 9:00 MT? I don't know, I have to DVR everything and watch after the kids are in bed.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:06 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,243,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
Obama was a street huslter, possibly even a drug dealer for 3 years, since "Obama doesn't remember a whole lot of people and places in his life" --> That is the actual response his campaign had when asked about all the address and missing names on his Pesidential questionarie.

Education: Involved in the PTA to help improive local schools. Fire teachers that do a crappy job and end the "teachers can never be fired" monopolies placed on school districts. Offer parents choices where their kids go to school. End that nonsense of forcing kids to ride 2h in a school bus to go to school so that the kid has to go to a school and balance races in schools. Offer vouchers to kids who are in crappy schools to put these kids in good schools.

Taxes: Lower taxes. End oil company tax subsidies. Cancel out the Obama and Biden approved 2007 $16 Billion/year in tax breaks for oil companies. Palin has a RECORD of doing so in Alaska. NO NEW TAXES FOR ANYONE!! PERIOD! REDUCE small business taxes so that JOBS CAN BE CREATED.

Immigration: I am not sure here. AK doesn't have a major problem with illegals. I am sure she will be for closed borders (she is socially conservative) and probably from some form of the McCain (or even Obama's) guest worker BS policies. I am not sure though.

Economy: NOT add $1 Trillion per year of new spending as proposed by B. Hussein. Government doesn't create jobs, other than Fed jobs and military, and these are limited. PRIVATE SECTOR CREATE JOBS, thus businesses need low taxes to be able to create jobs. Any economist or college kid taking economics can tell you that. See tax policies above as to HOW McCain-Palin will create new jobs. DRILL FOR OIL AND NATURAL GAS, something Obama does NOT want to do. Build 40 new nuclear electricity plants by 2030 (McCain proposal). Lower energy bills for Americans to stimulate the economy.

Foreign policy: Win in Iraq and pull all combat troops out in the near future and continue the progress made by the McCain-poposed Surge. Maintain a base in Iraq for non-combat operations like we have in Germany, Japan, Korea, Italy, Spain (Navy base), etc. Pressure Iran and support the Israelis in defending themselves. DRILL FOR OIL AND NATURAL GAS, so that we can stop sending our enemies money and become energy independent.

Government: End earmarks once and for all. That is a McCain-Palin plataform. Reduce the size of government, to end the deficit. End government programs that don't work. See tax policy for more info.

I am not sure why??? Gibson was sarcastic, condescending, and aggressive towards Palin. He was a total Obama attack dog. I thought he was an Obama advisor asking Palin the questions, but then the wife said "hey, that's Charles Gibson from ABC". I never watch the All Barack Cohorts (ABC) network, so I didn't remember him right off the bat.

I would have thought the Obama fans would be very happy he attacked and mocked Palin like that. Maybe they are upset that Palin smacked Gibson on his butt and sent him off.
Education: What is her position on the NATIONAL state of education?

Taxes: Lower taxes? This is McCain's position, to be sure: keep the taxes lower in furthering corporate welfare. And Obama/Biden want to INCREASE taxes on the wealthy and eliminate tax subsidies for the oil companies, and CUT taxes for the poor and middle class. In any case, $16B/year in oil co. subsidies doesn't even begin to approach the $12B/MONTH to fund the war in IRAQ that BOTH McCain and Palin want to do. Who do you think is going to pay for that?

Immigration: She should have a policy, and we all should know it.

Economy: Big business has HAD lower taxes, and they outsourced the jobs, anyway. Drilling for oil and natural gas is simply stupid. Developing alternative forms of energy is the only option. Newsflash: Many, many scientists are increasingly concerned about the extraction of oil, natural gas, and water, since there are growing indications that it is affecting the ecological balance of the planet. Neither Palin nor McCain knows squat about environmental issues. The planet is a living organism--you can't just keep sucking it dry and think that there will not be consequences. Stupid. Did you know that there is enough geothermal energy under the surface of the planet to supply energy to the U.S. for 1,000 years? Did you know that, in the past few decades, there have been many patents for alternative energy that have been bought and shelved by the oil companies? If you think Palin is "anti-Big Oil," you're insane. She just wants Alaska to own it all, under her own "Big Oil" agenda. Get real.

Foreign Policy: Win in Iraq? What is she--12 years old? There IS no "winning in Iraq."

Government: End earmarks? That's really rich. Apparently, you are unaware that Sarah Palin's requests for earmarks for the state of Alaska are some of the most extensive ever--if not THE most extensive:

Nation & World | Palin's earmark requests: more per person than any other state | Seattle Times Newspaper

Wow. Are you living in an Orwellian reality? Republicans go on television and flat-out LIE to the American people--"Palin is against earmarks"--even when there is plenty of EVIDENCE to the contrary. Palin is a liar. As is John McCain. But they know VERY well that their base, their followers, aren't interested in the truth. Do you have ANY idea how you're being exploited? You really should get a clue. For your own sake, if not for the nation's.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:49 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,069,389 times
Just watched the tape of the Palin thingy....BOY! Is she an expert at NOT answering a question!!!! No wonder she's a politician!!!
I had to hand it to Charley he kept at her but she persevered and wore him down with so many practiced non-answers that he usually gave up( How many hours did they HAVE??)

She did not ONCE answer a direct question...what a sneaky, dishonest, unprepared, side-stepping , know nothing, vapid, empty waste of space!

Old 09-12-2008, 08:54 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,031,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post

She said all this in the interview?? Did you watch a different one than the rest of us? I know this isn't published anywhere because you made half of it up.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:57 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,031,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Sorry, I was burning my dinner! Am I the only one who gets online and forgets everything else?

Okay, to answer your question, I heard it on a news channel, but here is one article from Politico.

Obama to pressure McCain on openness - Mike Allen - Politico.com
I thought I smelled something burning...

Wonderful - McCain/Palin's view of reforming the government. And people on this site want Obama to release his kindergarten records. I think I'll go drink somemore.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:08 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,722,768 times
The ABC special on Palin is not very flattering towards her. LOL

Old 09-12-2008, 09:10 PM

745 posts, read 1,293,120 times
She looked much more comfortable in this interview. Many of the questions were focused more on her answering/ defending/ explaining/ retracting her various positions. She did well on questions that and had clearly prepared for them.

Her only stumble this time, although it was less obvious, was her inability to really distinguish between McCain/Palin/Bush economic policies. Also, she didn't seem to have a real firm grasp on cutting spending. Apparently her only plan is to try to run government and quasi-government agencies more efficiently: bring in the the government consultants. There is nothing wrong with this (even Al Gore wrote a book about it), but it's hardly the solution to government overspending.

I do admire her for admitting that she will agree to disagree with McCain on issues like abortion. Nice to see from a politician.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:20 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,105,370 times
Default President Obama

How about when gibson asked her about the Bush doctrine? Now that was a funny moment, anyone in their right mind could see just how uncomfortable she was and it was clearly evident. Was it me or did she say 'Charlie' ALOT?????? After this, and if I was the GOP I'd keep this attack dog in the kennel...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections