Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 10:25 PM

745 posts, read 1,291,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Face it. She was fantastic. There is nothing that she could have said that would sway the bots. So, their opinion really doesn't matter. It's the indies and mod-cons dems that McCain is after. The "base" he has completely.
How was she fantastic? To people like you, she walks on water and can do no wrong. To voters like me, there is little she could have done to change my mind. For any independents, she looked OK, like a politician, and she dangerously tied herself to Bush's economic policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 10:29 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,807,804 times
One thing about this, every minute spent discussing Palin's experience highlights the fact that Obama has even less.

Old 09-12-2008, 10:30 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,513,729 times
Quote:
Show mw where she didn't answer them.

She is against EMBRYONIC stem sell research.
She is against Abortion

How much clearer could you possibly want.
They are simple yes/no questions and she has to dance around the questions... She never said "I am against abortion" she said, she thinks the entire country would like to see a reduction in abortions...in reality, she wants to ban it all together. She doesn't want to see a reduction, she doesn't want to see any at all.

Homosexuality..."she is not going to judge"...she did not even answer that one at all...

If she is against it then just say YES...it is that simple... She sugar coats her answers to try and spin them in a 'left' sounding way... when in reality they are not at all left answers...

Embryonic stem cells...another dance. Probably because her and McSame view it differently....

Flat out lies about earmarking... and the bridge...

Can not answer questions about the economy...or national security...She can not even do a scripted interview...She can't even get off of a plane with the use of a teleprompter... And she is going to be communicating with world leaders? What with a teleprompter?

You really are comfortable with this person running our country?

Old 09-12-2008, 10:30 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,702,112 times
Quote:
Can anyone state her economic plan, her energy plan, her deep knowledge of foreign relations(she did NOT answer the question about the US going into Pakistan..WAFFLED all over the place).

She knew NOTHING about bush's doctrine. She waffled on homosexuals, waffled on abortion(ya ya ya we got her PERSONAL opinion but not if she plans to try to overturn Roe!!!)

ZERO! ZIP! NOTHING!
I see you're upset, and rightly so. She didn't waffle on gays - she said she will not judge them. She didn't waffle on abortion - she said it was her personal opinion which is different from policy. Can you point me to example as governor she has injected her personal opinion into governance?

Her economic plan, energy plan and foreign policy is McCains - they will be his plans that are implemented as president, not hers. Tell me you knew this?

Old 09-12-2008, 10:32 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,226,047 times
Her positions are McCain's? So she has no opinions of her own, in terms of the issues? Nice.

Old 09-12-2008, 10:33 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,413,708 times
Quote:
Face it. She was fantastic. There is nothing that she could have said that would sway the bots. So, their opinion really doesn't matter. It's the indies and mod-cons dems that McCain is after. The "base" he has completely.
In other words, anyone that doesn't agree with you doesn't matter because they're biased. That of course says nothing of your own bias where you didn't notice that she said Freddie and Fanny were responsible for the mortgage meltdown; it didn't matter to you that she talked out of both sides of her mouth and ears on the earmarks issues and still didn't manage to give a truthful answer; it didn't matter that she rewrote her own history on the Bridge; it doesn't matter that she apparently has no better grasp on domestic policy than she does on foreign policy; it doesn't matter that she had no real difference on the economy than Bush; it doesn't matter that she couldn't say what they would cut on the budget since she just keep saying we'll cut it because everything can be cut... and so it goes adnauseaum.

Old 09-12-2008, 10:37 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,226,047 times
SGrey: No, it does not matter. This person has not said one substantive thing about Palin in all of her repetitive, bizarre posts about how "great" Sarah Palin is. Reminds me of the Moonies, actually. Strange.

Old 09-12-2008, 10:38 PM

Quote:
They are simple yes/no questions and she has to dance around the questions... She never said "I am against abortion" she said, she thinks the entire country would like to see a reduction in abortions...in reality, she wants to ban it all together. She doesn't want to see a reduction, she doesn't want to see any at all.
What interview were you watching? She CLEARLY stated she is pro-life, against abortion except to save the mother. what else were you looking for?

Quote:
Homosexuality..."she is not going to judge"...she did not even answer that one at all...
As governor, she VETOED a bill to ban same-sex benefits, siding with the gays. She said she would not judge people. What were you looking for?

Quote:
If she is against it then just say YES...it is that simple... She sugar coats her answers to try and spin them in a 'left' sounding way... when in reality they are not at all left answers...
You say this with a straight face as obama gives a non-answer "above my pay grade"?

Quote:
Embryonic stem cells...another dance. Probably because her and McSame view it differently....
Are you even listening to her? She is against EMB stem cell research. Flat out against it. Why did I hear this and you didn't?

Quote:
Flat out lies about earmarking... and the bridge...
Wrong. She did stop the bridge. She changed her mind. Earmarks - as mayor and governor, that is just being effective for your constituents. Technically, as governor, she cannot get earmarks.

Quote:
She can't even get off of a plane with the use of a teleprompter... And she is going to be comunicating with world leaders? What with a telepromter?
I don't know. She seemed pretty smooth and stutter-free. No stumbles, stutters, halting parse of words, unlike obama. Again, you tease about a teleprompter, given obama's addiction to one and how he does without one - with a straight face?

Quote:
You really are comfortable with this person running our country?
By McCain's side, yes.

Old 09-12-2008, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Her positions are McCain's? So she has no opinions of her own, in terms of the issues? Nice.
Just a Biden's views mirror Obama's, Palin's will mirror McCain's. As far as POLICY and their PLAN for America. I thought you guys knew this. It's the top of the ticket that puts forth the agenda, not the bottom.

Old 09-12-2008, 10:48 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,890,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Palin said NOTHING!

Can anyone state her economic plan, her energy plan, her deep knowledge of foreign relations(she did NOT answer the question about the US going into Pakistan..WAFFLED all over the place).

She knew NOTHING about bush's doctrine. She waffled on homosexuals, waffled on abortion(ya ya ya we got her PERSONAL opinion but not if she plans to try to overturn Roe!!!)

ZERO! ZIP! NOTHING!
yeppers. she came off as totally programmed to give the short rovian answers to her questions. for abortion, she used the invented rove term "culture of life" phrase, which w used with much success. for gays, she said that would not be "judgmental". yet she supported a 1998 amendment ballot to the voters which would ban gay marriage/civil unions forever. she did veto the bill that would have denied domestic partner benefits to state employees, but solely on the grounds that the Court said that those benefits had to be implemented. then, she tried to delay the implementation date and then called for a nonbinding vote in the Legislature at a cost of $1.2 million. so much for her reputation as being frugal with the taxpayers' money. please read the following:

Alaskans Together on Palin's LGBT Record (http://www.bentalaska.com/2008/09/alaskans-together-on-palins-lgbt-record.html - broken link)

mod cut: text removed

The love affiar with her WILL crumble. I see some sign of that happening within the next 2 weeks. by the time, that she has her debate with biden, her ignorance will be demonstrated in an impromptu environment and she will be toast.

Last edited by scirocco22; 09-13-2008 at 01:32 PM.. Reason: copyright issues
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections