Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 08:42 PM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Did it ever occur to you that maybe he didn't think that it was a "horribly drafted bill"?
Personal point of reference (which I know is mostly meaningless other than as an anecdotal blip ) - the consensus among other attorneys and legislators is that he never even bothered to read the bill.

Quote:
And that maybe the thought of his daughters really did motivate him to sign off on it?
This is possible if he never read the bill and never bothered to find out that such a law already existed.

Quote:
Or have you become so jaded by the cynicism of the Republican candidates that the notion of authentic concern is simply impossible in your mind? Because context and history are important. If Barack Obama exhibited a historical pattern of "using" his daughters in order to make political headway, your argument might make some sense. But he doesn't, so it doesn't.
Now that his daughters are older, he would know that kindergarteners and elementary students do indeed receive education on the dangers of inappropriate physical contact, predators, etc., unless he wasn't paying attention to what was going on in his daughters' and their friends' lives - which I suppose is possible.

Quote:
And yes, it is very funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2008, 06:52 AM

690 posts, read 1,015,561 times
I will stand by my point!

"Indeed, in recent days, Mr. McCain has been increasingly called out by news organizations, editorial boards and independent analysts like FactCheck.org. The group, which does not judge whether one candidate is more misleading than another, has cried foul on Mr. McCain more than twice as often since the start of the political conventions as it has on Mr. Obama."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/13/us...1cb&ei=5087%0A

Old 09-13-2008, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleanmaxx Brian View Post
I will stand by my point!

"Indeed, in recent days, Mr. McCain has been increasingly called out by news organizations, editorial boards and independent analysts like FactCheck.org. The group, which does not judge whether one candidate is more misleading than another, has cried foul on Mr. McCain more than twice as often since the start of the political conventions as it has on Mr. Obama."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/13/us...1cb&ei=5087%0A
You do realize that FactCheck.org has its own issues, don't you?
The Decembrist: Factcheck.org strikes out

Research the actual information and learn to think for yourself.

Old 09-13-2008, 07:29 AM

690 posts, read 1,015,561 times
And I am supposed to believe everything Mark Schmitt says?

Old 09-13-2008, 07:38 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You do realize that FactCheck.org has its own issues, don't you?
The Decembrist: Factcheck.org strikes out

Research the actual information and learn to think for yourself.
You can't be serious can you? You really think that many of the Obama supporters can think for themselves? How funny that is.

The real problem is that too many that follow either party do not think for themselves but just spout the talking points, as I see in this forum post after post. Not that many people think for themselves and that is one of the things that is wrong with this country.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleanmaxx Brian View Post
And I am supposed to believe everything Mark Schmitt says?
Of course not. Clearly you missed my point. Verify what he said by doing your own research on the actual facts.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:00 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
yes yes yes. my prediction. the american people have gotten a whole lot smarter in the last 8 years. and this post shows it.
thank you for a good post.
obama 08

Old 09-13-2008, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
You can't be serious can you? You really think that many of the Obama supporters can think for themselves? How funny that is.
I find it more sad and troubling than funny.

Quote:
The real problem is that too many that follow either party do not think for themselves but just spout the talking points, as I see in this forum post after post. Not that many people think for themselves and that is one of the things that is wrong with this country.
I agree 100%. The overwhelming majority of people do not think for themselves - they blindly follow others and completely believe whatever they say without question.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:46 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,285,143 times
TheConspiracyZone: THE TWO FACES OF BARACK OBAMA: BEFORE YOU VOTE THIS MAN INTO OFFICE, YOU BETTER FIGURE OUT "EXACTLY" WHO HE IS...

Obama was not born in Hawaii. His birth certificate is most likely forged.

As for McCain, duh. He is a liar and a bully.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:54 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,278,203 times
Where was Obama born then? And please provide source.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections