Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does ANYONE think Sarah Palin is being treated fairly, specially on her Christian faith, family, per
No! The media's attack on Palin's personal life has been insane. 48 57.14%
Yes! Attacks on faith, family, appearance, and non-issues are totally fine. 25 29.76%
I am not sure / don't know. 0 0%
Other. 11 13.10%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 10:04 PM

881 posts, read 1,592,593 times

Advertisements

Does ANYONE think Sarah Palin is being treated fairly, specially when it comes to her Christian faith???

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT ATTACKS ON HER RECORD, ON CORE PRINCIPLES, ISSUES, OR POSITIONS ON ISSUES.

I AM TALKING ABOUT THE ATTACKS ON PER PERSON, ON HER APPEARANCE, ON HER FAMILY, ON HER CHILDREN (SPECIALLY MAKING FUN OF A DOWN SYNDROME KID!), AND ON HER FAITH! NON-ISSUES!!

Do you folks see the difference between attacking Palin's pro-life positions vs. attacking Palin's religion?? Do you see the difference in attacking her lower taxes approach vs. Palin's hair ??

I hear the media mock her and attack things like praying or thinking that GOD has a purpose in things and that "all things work together for the good of those who believe Him"??? OBAMA has said he prays and all... no one in the media has mocked him. WHY the double standard???

Matt Daemon, just attacked Palin, saying her religious background "scares me". Pam Anderson says she hates Palin (no logic reason given). Joy Behar and the others on "The View" attack and mock Palin for her faith! Supposed "feminists" attack Palin for being a woman and a Governor, and for her faith. Gibson made a spectacle of Palin's faith and his "interview" was more of a sarcastic "gotcha game", than anything.

I am serious, I have never, seen or heard of any candidate for office being attacked PERSONALLY on this level. If she loses, Sarah Palin, will become the real first martyr of the Liberal media since they tried to destroy Bush in 2004 and failed.

Not even BUSH has gotten so much nastiness from the media in 7 days!!

Does ANYONE think Sarah Palin is being treated fairly, specially when it comes to her Christian faith, appearance, or family???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 11:34 PM

2,170 posts, read 2,867,818 times
The probably don't mock Obama b/c they realize he's just blowing smoke. Palin actually has Faith.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:40 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,820,597 times
You attack your enemy any way you can.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:41 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,102,375 times
God, who cares? How many times has Obama been picked on for his ears, the mole above his lip or his former religion? How many sweet and lovely things did Pubs have to say about Hillary? You all were BRUTAL about her. Including McClone, who had a lipstick remark of his own specifically aimed at her health care views.

What political figure hasn't had jabs poked at him or her? Legitimate ones...and crude ones? Did you laugh along with the rest of America when Ford fell all over his own feet everywhere he went? How about all the Regan jokes about calling Nancy "mother" and begging for warm milk before bed or the more ominous ones about one shaky arthritic finger on "the Nuke Button"? Is anybody here old enough to remember the legendary "on the toilet" Johnson interview and how many times it was mocked and blown out of proportion and the one billion "on the sh * tter" jokes made at him? Yes, full-on discussion of the president's bowel movements...what, like that had anything to do with real issues?

What about Bill Clinton and the sax...and the sex? -- and a THOUSAND McDonald's/overweight jokes? How many snickers and giggles about how one couldn't blame Bill since look what his only other option was (non-cutesy Hillary)? And the nasty "Chelsea is ugly" continuous running commentary? How about Nixon and his jowls and gravely voice (and of course, then, Watergate)? Al Gore and his lock box and his silly hair and misspellings? Bush and...oh, no, wait. He is laughable. Scratch that one.

Please, if you're so soft and sensitive (wow, sounding more lib by the minute...come on over to our camp!) about poor widdle Sarah, perhaps a political forum is too much for you. (Patting Zgack on the head) It's okay, I promise. Nobody's gonna hurt your poor gentle Sarah any more.

Because nobody has to treat her like what she's trying to become...a vice president, in the public eye, up to public scrutiny like every other public figure.

No, luckily for Sarah...she's a girl. (giggle)

On behalf of women everywhere, I say: barf.

And to Zgack I say: Grow up.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:42 PM

124 posts, read 303,706 times
If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:48 PM

2,170 posts, read 2,867,818 times
JerZ - I'm quite confident Palin can take care of herself.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:50 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,484,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
You attack your enemy any way you can.
funny eh... Hmmm I start a thread on why was michelle missing at the 9/11 ceremony and non of you cared. It was not an attack either but your nastiness shown through how dare me.... question why she was not at a ceremony commemorating lost Americans through a terrorist attack and at memorial honoring them.

It will backfire.....

Old 09-12-2008, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
JerZ - I'm quite confident Palin can take care of herself.
Apparently you aren't...since you're weeping piteously over the "unfair" treatment she's receiving (v., for example, the hardcore accusations against Obama and intrusions into his personal life, religion and even manner of speaking/"stuttering"--oh, plus the size of one's ears and calling the person "Dumbo" are TOTALLY fair because, you know, they're being made against dudes).

Maybe it's because it's so late for you, Zgack? I think you'll feel better about all this in the morning.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
funny eh... Hmmm I start a thread on why was michelle missing at the 9/11 ceremony and non of you cared. It was not an attack either but your nastiness shown through how dare me.... question why she was not at a ceremony commemorating lost Americans through a terrorist attack and at memorial honoring them.

It will backfire.....
What does that have to do with...anything? I mean for one thing, an answer was already given (she had duties/her children, and only travels a specific limited number of days a week).

So what does that have to do with this thread, exactly?

Old 09-12-2008, 11:58 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,067,260 times
No one of consequence, ie the Obama campaign or the msm are attacking Palin for her religious beliefs. Now if you are concerned about anyone else, then impress me by starting a thread asking the such an obviously biased poll asking if Obama is being unfairly attack as being a muslim.

All for candidates are being "attack" by someone, with some particular ax to grind, get over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections