Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 02:17 PM

645 posts, read 1,965,768 times

Advertisements

Let's be serious.... McCain is definitely qualified to be president of the United States and Sarah Palin is not qualified to be Vice President. He chose here to help him get elected and it might work, but it isn't in the best interest of the United States.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2008, 02:19 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,172,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I bolded all they left on the cutting room floor, and that was just the Russia part.
I saw most of that in the cut and paste TV interview....she NEVER addressed why Alaska's proximity to Russia gave her foreign relations insight...because she has none.

IF you read the mainstream news it had it all over the place that Palin was receiving a crash course in foreign relations from BUSHCO aides(ya, some CHANGE!)....if she had experience why would they need to do that?

Biden didn't need any "course"....he can GIVE courses!!!!

Old 09-13-2008, 02:21 PM
NWS

720 posts, read 1,647,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Honestly, folks. Any reporter who wanted to make Sarah Palin look inexperienced would have asked her "Why haven't you been to Russia?" But Charles Gibson handled her with "deference" as requested by the McCain camp.

Deference. Definition: Submission or courteous yielding to the opinion, wishes, or judgment of another.

She repeatedly uses the fact that Russia is close to Alaska to convince people she has foreign policy experience. She didn't even get her first passport until 2007. I had traveled to over a dozen countries before I was 30, and I'm not qualified to be Vice President. (most of those were islands where I drank Pina Coladas.) I'm not trying to sound mean here, really I'm not. But if you live in the United States, especially Alaska, and call driving to Canada "foreign travel" that's a bit of a stretch, isn't it? When she said that, I had to laugh out loud.

During her first interview on Thursday evening, she mentioned that you can even see Russia from some parts of Alaska. It's that close! So why hasn't she ever been there?
She can see Russia from Alaska.
Those commies are so close that Sarah has her good eye on em'.
Why does she have to visit them???
I don't have to put my head in a toilet to know it stinks there!

YouTube - Palin on her insight into Russian Politics

Old 09-13-2008, 02:22 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,427,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I bolded all they left on the cutting room floor, and that was just the Russia part.
No they didn't, not unless you were watching an excerpt. I saw every bit of that, word for word.

Old 09-13-2008, 02:25 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,761,834 times
Well golly gee, since she's so close to Russia, she MUST be on a first name basis with the poot poot right??? Please, Putin probably spit out his borscht when he heard about Miss Poof spouting off her foreign policy cred.

Old 09-13-2008, 02:40 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,404,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Well golly gee, since she's so close to Russia, she MUST be on a first name basis with the poot poot right??? Please, Putin probably spit out his borscht when he heard about Miss Poof spouting off her foreign policy cred.
No....you're confused- Putin's not from Russia, he's from Germany- at least according to McCain............

Old 09-13-2008, 03:43 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,214,723 times
Which other VP has been asked this question?
Charlie is a pompus ass
he looked like he was grilling a bug.
And WHY was he GRILLING her anyway.
But it does not matter because folks knew what he was trying to do and is coming right back against Obama.....YAY
Sorry Obama followers, Obama is going.....going....GONE!
FLUSH!!

Old 09-13-2008, 05:02 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,039,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
No....you're confused- Putin's not from Russia, he's from Germany- at least according to McCain............
I thought he was from Czechoslovakia.

Old 09-13-2008, 05:06 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,046,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
He said that???

Old 09-15-2008, 02:25 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,957,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post
He said that???
[youtube]E5ENwej0fpc[/youtube]
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5ENwej0fpc"]YouTube - McCain: Vladimir Putin is the President of Germany?[/URL]

At first I thought this was a joke, but he did say that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections