Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 11:41 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
There is a difference between "mis-speaking" and putting it in print where you have the opportunity to revise, edit or re-write. Mis-speaking is saying "your Muslim faith". This is blatant and intentional.

Of course, politicians are able to flip-flop and get away with it so it's also irrelevant unless they are held accountable.
I agree.

Don't want to go too off-topic, but people keep sending me emails with a 10 second video showing Obama saying "Muslim Faith." That wasn't even a gaffe or Obama misspeaking IMO. For example, I am a heterosexual female. I am 57 and unmarried. So let's say some neighbors spread the rumor that I am gay. While talking to someone about my life, we start to discuss my sexual orientation. If I said "Regarding me being a lesbian" I would be referring to what others have said about me. That's why I don't understand why his words were even an issue. He was only answering questions about the rumors spread about his religious beliefs. If a person is accused of having mob ties and he said "Regarding my ties to the mob" and you took that out of context by not showing the entire interview, you could accuse that person of having mob ties. It's ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 11:42 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post
Is this true? If it is why hasn't it been brought up before now?
Because of the fear that Obama's books will get more attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections