Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 10:24 AM

127 posts, read 221,917 times

Advertisements

Has this forum changed anyone's mind on the candidate they'll vote for?

I'm wondering if we're all just banging our heads on the wall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 10:25 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,573,514 times
Yes it has, as a Hillary supporter it has made me feel comfortable voting for McCain. The vile attacks from Obama supporters really turned me off.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:25 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,028,557 times
It hasn't changed mine.

I don't know that people's minds will necessarily be changed here. ETA: Oh, the poster above and I were posting at the same time. I guess there are people whose minds were changed after all.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:26 AM

2,667 posts, read 6,784,991 times
No one's mind will be changed here ... naturally, people just like to talk and debate.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:26 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,410,209 times
No mind changing, but definitely learning and appreciating viewpoints more.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:29 AM

3,031 posts, read 9,092,085 times
I'd be nervous if people changed their minds based on what they read here. Hopefully people do more research and thinking than that!

Old 09-15-2008, 10:30 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,028,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findingmesomeday View Post
I'd be nervous if people changed their minds based on what they read here. Hopefully people do more research and thinking than that!
Yeah, I agree.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:35 AM

690 posts, read 1,015,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Yes it has, as a Hillary supporter it has made me feel comfortable voting for McCain. The vile attacks from Obama supporters really turned me off.
If that is all it took for you to change your vote, your voting rights should be removed.

Seriously, look at the issues YOU believe in. Look at the candidates and what they stand for. Remember there is more than just McCain and Obama, and make a wise decision. People posting on these forums are most likely very strong with their candidate of choice hence the type of replies you see here.

As for the "vile" attacks, you are only seeing one side which most likely means you mind was made up as well before coming here. People here have come down pretty hard on Obama you know You haven't noticed?

Old 09-15-2008, 10:35 AM

425 posts, read 665,914 times
Even though I'm a Republican and was always going to vote the Republican ticket, I was actually starting to waiver a little - for several months, I only had the MSM propaganda and I had my family's viewpoint (all Democrats)

Since reading the posts on this forum, I have a far better understanding of the games being played (by both sides of course)

Since the Palin announcement, I am now wholeheartedly going to vote MCain - I like the combination...

I still like to read the left, right, and in between opinions/rants/lunacy though

Old 09-15-2008, 10:38 AM

127 posts, read 221,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
No mind changing, but definitely learning and appreciating viewpoints more.
Hi stan4 - I can appreciate your comment. I haven't changed my mind, either, but I am becoming a little more tolerant of some opposing viewpoints and even think the other side may be right on a very few things

Here's a nice poem I read recently:

When I was young and bold and strong,
Oh, right was right, and wrong was wrong!
My plume on high, my flag unfurled,
I rode away to right the world.
"Come out, you dogs, and fight!" said I,
And wept there was but once to die.

But I am old; and good and bad
Are woven in a crazy plaid.
\
Dorothy Parker

Still voting for Obama - for me he's right on more of the issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections