Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 11:13 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,476,813 times

Advertisements

Men...................Fathers....................

Are you the least bit upset at the medias attention or should I say no attention to the fact that Sarah Palin has a husband that helps rear the children.

Does so as she has to travel with her job's.

Men really need to be upset about this as allot of men are stay at home dads or Mr. moms. Or work but really have a part in the raising of their kids.

You are totally being overlooked in this attack from the left!
Men can be nurturing and loving to their children just as women are, maybe not in the exact same way but no less effective.
I really think you need to speak out with the working mothers on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 11:17 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,874,014 times
sarah palin's husband is a white man. the left HATES white men!

Old 09-15-2008, 11:27 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,869,747 times
I don't hate them, I married one. What a stupid generalization.

But to get to the question, I might hold an unpopular view, but I think moms and dads are different when it comes to raising little ones. Being in the midst of raising my brood, I can tell you that it would be very different had their dad been with them. But that's just me and my own opinion.

No one who is running has bashed her for working. It's only regular citizens who have questioned her "choice". Being VP is not your typical working mom job. Give me a break.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:41 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,607,246 times
The role of the father in this has been overlooked.

The fact that it may be different from if the mother raised them does not mean much to me. It may be different, but does that mean he isn't capable? Isn't one mother different from the next anyway?

Old 09-15-2008, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
I don't hate them, I married one. What a stupid generalization.

But to get to the question, I might hold an unpopular view, but I think moms and dads are different when it comes to raising little ones. Being in the midst of raising my brood, I can tell you that it would be very different had their dad been with them. But that's just me and my own opinion.

No one who is running has bashed her for working. It's only regular citizens who have questioned her "choice". Being VP is not your typical working mom job. Give me a break.
Who said anything about hating men?
She has 5 kids how can she do her job? Ring any bells for you?

Old 09-15-2008, 01:56 PM

468 posts, read 1,889,648 times
I get really aggravated when the talking heads on TV refer to a divorced fathers as a "Dead Beat Dad". I was a single father of four sons (one with special needs) and their mother didn't pay a dime in court ordered support. The TV people never make reference to Dead Beat Moms. Now my youngest is 28 years old and one of the boys is about to take over the family business.

Old 09-15-2008, 02:50 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,212,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Men...................Fathers....................

Are you the least bit upset at the medias attention or should I say no attention to the fact that Sarah Palin has a husband that helps rear the children.

Does so as she has to travel with her job's.

Men really need to be upset about this as allot of men are stay at home dads or Mr. moms. Or work but really have a part in the raising of their kids.

You are totally being overlooked in this attack from the left!
Men can be nurturing and loving to their children just as women are, maybe not in the exact same way but no less effective.
I really think you need to speak out with the working mothers on this.

How are men being attacked by the left? Everyone who has children knows that both parents working cooperatively is what it takes to raise a child. We have a large family, ages 24 to age 7. I don't need Sarah Palin to tell us how to do anything. My husband has changed just as many diapers as I have in order for both of us to get our college degrees, work, and raise our children. The only people who are paying much attention to Palin are the Christian Evangalical/conservative women who see her as some sort of Queen of Sheeba; some sort of EVERYWOMAN/EVERYMOM. If you have any gripes, this is the audience you should be talking to as they are truly making her out to be some sort of Wonder Woman. The rest of us already know that if Sarah Palin didn't have her husband's support and if he didn't help out, she couldn't have done all that she has. On the other hand, I don't think she has done such a bang-up job at this point. She's no better and maybe no worse than most parents out there. I don't see the Holy Mother status that's been bestowed upon her.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:02 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,187,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Who said anything about hating men?
She has 5 kids how can she do her job? Ring any bells for you?
It has rung a bell for me.
In another forum it was righties who screamed against equal pay for equal work...they said women with children took more time off work so they shouldn't be hired....it was unfair to men and coworkers who had to "do their job for them"..
In another thread the righties said women should be subject to their husbands who should "wear the pants in the family".

Sure singing a different tune now!!!!!

Old 09-15-2008, 03:58 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,533,167 times
Between the two of them they don't seem to be doing such a great job, but then I just don't think too highly of their alcoholic lifestyle and the fact that they have a pregnant teenager. Must be my elitism.

Old 09-15-2008, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
How are men being attacked by the left? Everyone who has children knows that both parents working cooperatively is what it takes to raise a child. We have a large family, ages 24 to age 7. I don't need Sarah Palin to tell us how to do anything. My husband has changed just as many diapers as I have in order for both of us to get our college degrees, work, and raise our children. The only people who are paying much attention to Palin are the Christian Evangalical/conservative women who see her as some sort of Queen of Sheeba; some sort of EVERYWOMAN/EVERYMOM. If you have any gripes, this is the audience you should be talking to as they are truly making her out to be some sort of Wonder Woman. The rest of us already know that if Sarah Palin didn't have her husband's support and if he didn't help out, she couldn't have done all that she has. On the other hand, I don't think she has done such a bang-up job at this point. She's no better and maybe no worse than most parents out there. I don't see the Holy Mother status that's been bestowed upon her.
I think you did not read it but skimmed or maybe cannot understand the sentence structure?

You are totally being overlooked in this attack from the left! was what I said. That is NOT attacking..........
Wow is all I have to say go back and read my original post.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections