U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 02:20 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,341,586 times

Advertisements

Sarah Palin has many virtues. If you wanted someone to destroy a corrupt establishment, she'd be your woman. But the constructive act of governance is another matter. She has not been engaged in national issues, does not have a repertoire of historic patterns and, like President Bush, she seems to compensate for her lack of experience with brashness and excessive decisiveness.

The New York Times > Log In

Funny because at first glance I read the bolded word above as "derisiveness," which would also fit. But "excessive decisiveness" is pretty brilliantly said.

(I don't totally agree with him on her merits at destroying a corrupt establishment...she takes one down, starts a new one?)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 02:22 PM

564 posts, read 754,053 times
The bias New York Times is not worth reading. They've been in the tank with Obama forever.

You sound liberal. Can you answer this question?

What if McCain had a pastor like Wright? If he said whites created AIDS to kill blacks. And he said G.D. America and there were audio tapes to prove it. Would he still be running for president? Would we elect him?

Old 09-16-2008, 02:25 PM

1,867 posts, read 3,797,428 times
Let's not get started on the psycho preachers on the right.

Old 09-16-2008, 02:27 PM

4,708 posts, read 7,960,697 times
McCain had one, John Magee.

Old 09-16-2008, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quelinda View Post
Let's not get started on the psycho preachers on the right.
If McCain had a psycho pro-white anti-black preacher would he still be running for president?

Please answer my question.

Old 09-16-2008, 02:28 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,217,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123cop View Post
The bias New York Times is not worth reading. They've been in the tank with Obama forever.

What if McCain had a pastor like Wright? If he said whites created AIDS to kill blacks. And he said G.D. America and there were audio tapes to prove it. Would he still be running for president? Would we elect him?
You need to start your own thread. Don't attempt to hijack this one.

Old 09-16-2008, 02:28 PM

Quote:

Thank you! I deliberately left one fact out of my post, in order to show the fallacy of your argument.

David Brooks is a conservative. Perhaps their token conservative...but a conservative.

I'm not bothering to address your second very odd statement which has nothing to do with the subject of this thread - the Wright references are so stale and meaningless they are out to blow away...like McCain?

Old 09-16-2008, 02:29 PM

If McCain was in a church and they said black people created AIDS to kill white people and then they said G.D. America, he would take his family and immediately leave that church. That's the difference between Obama and McCain.

Old 09-16-2008, 02:29 PM

Quote:
If McCain had a psycho pro-white anti-black preacher would he still be running for president?

Please answer my question.
Can ya stay on topic with the thread, which is not about psycho preachers? Thanks.

Old 09-16-2008, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
Thank you! I deliberately left one fact out of my post, in order to show the fallacy of your argument.

David Brooks is a conservative. Perhaps their token conservative...but a conservative.

I'm not bothering to address your second very odd statement which has nothing to do with the subject of this thread - the Wright references are so stale and meaningless they are out to blow away...like McCain?
I also started a post with this question. Not one response. Why?.. double standard and the liberals can't explain it. We are craving a black president. Hollywood.. hippies.. the youth.. they want someone who looks different to prove once and for all that we aren't racist.

Unfortunately, we might elect the most unprepared and most liberal president ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections