Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 06:17 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,632,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I'm JEWISH and I've been to several mosques and celebrated Muslim holidays. I must be an ex-Muslim! And *gasp* my best friend is a Palestinian. I must be hiding who I truly am!
Apparently you are not familiar with the abomination of desolation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 06:35 PM

7,962 posts, read 9,178,221 times
The apostasy law

A look at fundamentalist Islamic law and apostacy.

I've asked the Islamic center near my house about this issue and they refered me to the next link. But, they are much more progressive/moderate and are not "fundamentalist" centered.

Since there are many clerics in the world of differing philosophies and not 1 "boss" (like the Pope in Catholicism) it is subject to much interpretation.

ICLI - Official Website of the Islamic Center of Long Island

Old 09-16-2008, 07:16 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,045,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
* "Interviews with dozens of former classmates, teachers, neighbors and friends show that Obama was not a regular practicing Muslim when he was in Indonesia" – implying he was an irregularly practicing Muslim.
* "Obama occasionally followed his stepfather to the mosque for Friday prayers, a few neighbors said" – confirming that he did pray in the mosque.
* "Obama's 3rd-grade teacher at the Catholic school, who lived near the family [said that] ‘Rarely, Barry went to the mosque with Lolo'" – confirming that Obama attended mosque services.

All this matters, for if Obama once was a Muslim, he is now what Islamic law calls a murtadd (apostate), an ex-Muslim converted to another religion who must be executed. Were he elected president of the United States, this status, clearly, would have large potential implications for his relationship with the Muslim world.

Confirmed: Barack Obama Practiced Islam - article by Daniel Pipes
You seem to know a lot about Islamic laws - does this mean you are a Muslim? Maybe that's why you are always posting that Obama is a Muslim - because you want him to be so you can be proud of a fellow Muslim?

Old 09-16-2008, 07:23 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,034,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post
You seem to know a lot about Islamic laws - does this mean you are a Muslim? Maybe that's why you are always posting that Obama is a Muslim - because you want him to be so you can be proud of a fellow Muslim?
I agree.

fopt, why do you hate America? Why do you hate our freedom?

Could you take off your shoes and step over this way, please?

Regarding the Islamic laws referenced here...anyone opening the Old Testament and saying "Oh wow...so this is what these people believe!" would be reading about stoning people to death for various infractions we would see as frivolous today, etc. I'm not a Muslim, but I have to think that if ANY very old text is taken as happening literally and consistently today, then it's the interpreter who's being a fool.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:02 PM

7,962 posts, read 9,178,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I agree.

fopt, why do you hate America? Why do you hate our freedom?

Could you take off your shoes and step over this way, please?

Regarding the Islamic laws referenced here...anyone opening the Old Testament and saying "Oh wow...so this is what these people believe!" would be reading about stoning people to death for various infractions we would see as frivolous today, etc. I'm not a Muslim, but I have to think that if ANY very old text is taken as happening literally and consistently today, then it's the interpreter who's being a fool.
Why do I hate America? How does this come from a post trying to show the different views of Islam's laws in a old school fundamentalist versus a more modern interpretation? Not sure I see the correlation, perhaps you could explain.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:04 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,034,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
Why do I hate America? How does this come from a post trying to show the different views of Islam's laws in a old school fundamentalist versus a more modern interpretation? Not sure I see the correlation, perhaps you could explain.
Hah, I definitely can...I meant to quote Milborn!

Slippery fingers tonight.

Sorry, fopt.

Old 09-16-2008, 11:26 PM

15,875 posts, read 21,466,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Apparently you are not familiar with the abomination of desolation.

Or more aptly, I don't recognize or particularly care about the abomination of desolation. And my G-d doesn't particularly care if his followers follow different paths in worship- sorry if you can't say the same about yours.

I've also been to Catholic mass and Buddhist services.

If Obama is Muslim that I must be a Cathobuddhajew.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:12 AM

952 posts, read 3,707,728 times
I don't think OBAMA gives a rats A.... about Religion in politics. If he becomes the next president I hope he stay as far away from the topic he possibly can.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:32 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,221,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I believe he admitted he was a muslim on This Week with George. "My muslim faith", which George hurriedly corrected for him. Slip of the tongue?
Nope. Idiot commenter.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:09 AM

27,217 posts, read 46,791,599 times
In the muslim faith and the Jewish faith it comes to if your parents...or father and in the Jewish religion, the mother...., what their religion is!

So Obama's father was a muslim and by the way his mother was also a muslim and he was listed by his own mother as a muslim on the papers when he went to a muslim school.

My parents never filled out my religion when I attended school, just because of what they went through duing WWll, but that didn't made me less Jewish...but they didn't write it down, neither did they lie, it was just something you can fill out or leave open.

Obama never denied being a muslim and the so called "slip of the tongue" proofs even more that he is a muslim....when he denouces it or converts to Christianity he will get a fatwa on his head by other muslims who don't accept convertion....so maybe in the eyes of christians he can make you believe he is a Christian, but in reality he is still a muslim according the muslim laws and that is why he is supported and endorsed by Hamas and other terorrist groups! Like it or not...just check the facts...even some one put the a copy of the school paper online just google it, it is all to see if you have your eyes open and not in denial!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections