Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 08:03 PM

27 posts, read 40,818 times

Advertisements

On the day the Dow plummets 500 points, the world looks to the United States for a sign. Both candidates knew they had to respond. One candidate asks himself, "what can I say that will benefit my country" He comes out and highlights the positive, he makes a statement that encourages confidence in America, letting the world know this is still a safe place to do business and invest (maybe not in financial stocks). The other candidate asks "what can I say that will benefit my career" He comes out with a doom and gloom statement, playing on people's fear and suspicion. He signals to the world that the United States economy is a mess and the market in ruins and sends the message that the U.S. is NOT a safe place to do business. At the end of the day, who has really helped the American people? Mr O, if you want to be a world leader, the first thing you need to learn is how not to make things worse!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 08:05 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,946,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samq View Post
On the day the Dow plummets 500 points, the world looks to the United States for a sign. Both candidates knew they had to respond. One candidate asks himself, "what can I say that will benefit my country" He comes out and highlights the positive, he makes a statement that encourages confidence in America, letting the world know this is still a safe place to do business and invest (maybe not in financial stocks). The other candidate asks "what can I say that will benefit my career" He comes out with a doom and gloom statement, playing on people's fear and suspicion. He signals to the world that the United States economy is a mess and the market in ruins and sends the message that the U.S. is NOT a safe place to do business. At the end of the day, who has really helped the American people? Mr O, if you want to be a world leader, the first thing you need to learn is how not to make things worse!
So you choose a leader that lies to it's people because he has no clue what is going on? Sounds like a winner to me I prefer smoke being blown up my a$$ too.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:10 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,119,224 times
One candidate realizes that there is no possible excuse for the mess that his party has made of the economy for the past 7 years...especially since he voted with them 90% of the time and, since he doesn't understand how the economy works, he decides to punt by telling everyone "hey, who are you going to believe, me or your own lying eyes?" And then he suggests a committee. The other candidate takes the problems facing his fellow Americans seriously and develops a thoughtful, meaningful plan that can begin to dig us out from the mess made by Bush/McCain.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
So you choose a leader that lies to it's people because he has no clue what is going on? Sounds like a winner to me I prefer smoke being blown up my a$$ too.
You choose a liar playing the scare game and lure your vote? O has never done anything positive for ordinary people, and you think he will help you if the country is in real trouble?

As long as I know, "community organizer" is someone who cheats poor people to vote together for some special interest. You know how those poor ended in Chicago.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:11 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,172,722 times
For 5 and a half years, McCain didn't have a house. Now it's your turn.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:12 PM

Mccain wants to distance himself from Bush yet chooses to use the exact words Bush has used before regarding the economy....while previously admitting he knows nothing about the economy.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:14 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,260,352 times
Sam - You do have a point in that creating unnecessary panic would be a mistake.

What I'm tired of hearing is each candidate telling the media that the other candidate is wrong. I don't care what you think of the other person's policies. I care about what you are going to do about it when you get in the White House and need to clean up. All this generic mumbo-jumbo is not enough. I'm not expecting a full blown out plan but dang, give me something for me to sink my teeth into!

Old 09-16-2008, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
One candidate realizes that there is no possible excuse for the mess that his party has made of the economy for the past 7 years...especially since he voted with them 90% of the time and, since he doesn't understand how the economy works, he decides to punt by telling everyone "hey, who are you going to believe, me or your own lying eyes?" And then he suggests a committee. The other candidate takes the problems facing his fellow Americans seriously and develops a thoughtful, meaningful plan that can begin to dig us out from the mess made by Bush/McCain.
Which version of O's "thoughtful, meaningful plan"? Is it version 1 , 2, or 3? Is this O's plan of yesterday, today, or tomorrow. The guy changes his mind every day.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samq View Post
You choose a liar playing the scare game and lure your vote? O has never done anything positive for ordinary people, and you think he will help you if the country is in real trouble?

As long as I know, "community organizer" is someone who cheats poor people to vote together for some special interest. You know how those poor ended in Chicago.
Not voting Obama either but I would rather have someone be honest about a situation than try to coddle people with BS and false statements. Notice he flip flopped later on that night with a "What I meant was...."

Obama = Idiot
Mccain = Idiot
America = Screwed

Old 09-16-2008, 08:19 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,736,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post

Obama has voted with the dems over 95% of the time, how is that change?
Where did you get the 90% for Mccain?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections