Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 08:11 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
That's the thing that really smells bad about this. My inference from the article was that they were using Yahoo because it wasn't subject to subpoena, like her 'official' email would be. That is just really disgustingly corrupt, if true. I must say I'm not surprised.

It was her private email. Little different from official.

But this just shows America how the true liberals operate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2008, 08:12 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,627,807 times
Quote:
Invasion of privacy? Absolutely. She lost that the minute she signed up. I mean, were you so outraged at the invasion of John Edward's privacy?
John Edwards' privacy-----are you kidding? The mainstream media protected his privacy while he was running for public office. His "privacy" does not include venturing into public areas to have sex with someone other than his wife.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:14 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,157,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post
Having seen the emails, I'd definitely say they are real. They are still up online if you know where to look.

I would also say they did not use a trojan to do it based on a particular email listed in her inbox.
Gawker has them. They plan to leave them online since it is news. Now, the outrage that will come from this won't be that she's breaking the law by discussing government business using a personal address, but that her privacy was violated. I just want to know, if she's not guilty, what's she trying to hide? Isn't that the argument so many use in deference to the FISA/illegal wiretapping debate?

Our government and the players in it are beyond hypocritical at this point. Apparently, they believe that all Americans are really stupid. Personally, I think only about 50% are. The other 47 % are ignorant.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:14 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,009,043 times
Quote:
Invasion of privacy? Absolutely. She lost that the minute she signed up. I mean, were you so outraged at the invasion of John Edward's privacy?
Oh, I see. So candidates have to give up all of their rights as Americans, open up ALL of their communications (email accounts, letters, etc.), have their phones tapped, and have absolutely no privacy to satisfy twits like you?

John Edwards' affair wasn't even a blip on the radar screen for me. I felt enormously sorry for his wife and disappointed that he lied but whatever! He wasn't a candidate any longer so I don't get why it was such a big story.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:15 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,451,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
It was her private email. Little different from official
It is alledged that she was doing Gov business using her "private" email....
Group Posts E-Mail Hacked From Palin Account -- Update | Threat Level from Wired.com

Old 09-17-2008, 08:16 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,317,959 times
Quote:

I don't know if it's true or not, but the emails I've seen aren't private at all. They're all Alaska government business....apparently, using 'private' email accounts keeps the emails from being subpoenaed. That just too corrupt for me, if true.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:16 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,661,046 times
There is no right to privacy when discussing government business. If this was a democrat then republicans would feel the same.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:17 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,424,993 times
Nothing really incriminating in them from the screenshots posted. In one you can even see the hackers talking about looking for her gmail account to get into it because they speculate that's where the incriminating stuff will be.

Idiots. They need to hope they know their stuff well or they'll end up busted big time on this one.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:17 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:

Is it your considered opinion that the hackers at 4chan are liberal?

So Gordon Liddy'n'em who broke into Daniel Ellsberg's psychologist's office were flaming liberals according to you, weent they? Wow....

Do you understand that a government intranet is likely to be better protected than some hysterical public pool like Yahoo or Hotmail? It's HUGELY different form official, are you joking?!

It's being speculated that she could have opened the Yahoo accounts, or begun writing and receiving gov't correspondence there, in order to evade subpoena. (sorry if someone's already mentioned this)

And most importantly, do you want someone who is clearly stuck in Wasilla city-council mode running the entire country?

Last edited by delusianne; 09-17-2008 at 08:26 PM.. Reason: drag me out like James Brown

Old 09-17-2008, 08:18 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,317,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Oh, I see. So candidates have to give up all of their rights as Americans, open up ALL of their communications (email accounts, letters, etc.), have their phones tapped, and have absolutely no privacy to satisfy twits like you?

John Edwards' affair wasn't even a blip on the radar screen for me. I felt enormously sorry for his wife and disappointed that he lied but whatever! He wasn't a candidate any longer so I don't get why it was such a big story.
Twits like...me?
How about the twit who regularly posts here about Michelle Obama's master's thesis? The woman is running for NOTHING. Or Obama's grades? That we need to see. You are blinded by hypocrisy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections