Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 05:26 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,431,660 times

Advertisements

It's turning out to be a great day for Obama...5 national polls have been released today and 4 show Obama in the lead. The latest a CBS News/NYT survey giving Obama a 48%-43% lead.

Quote:
Obama leads McCain 54 percent to 38 percent among all women. He holds a two point edge among white women, a 21 percentage point swing in Obama's direction from one week ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2008, 05:28 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,850,694 times
it's a great day, until mccain takes the lead again, then a week later obama takes the lead. polls are WORTHLESS. plus they can shift by a billion points during the debates.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:29 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,524,262 times
You beat me to it. I was going to post this poll too LOL. This 5 point spread is the largest lead for Obama since the GOP convention.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
it's a great day, until mccain takes the lead again, then a week later obama takes the lead. polls are WORTHLESS. plus they can shift by a billion points during the debates.

Say what you will but this is the best day for Obama, in terms of polling, since before the Palin pick and the Republican convention. The luster of Caribou Barbie has worn off, plus she has helped galvanized the Democratic base.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:35 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Yup, the Palin bounce is fading fast and things are returning to nearly their pre-convention levels. As I mentioned in a previous post, it's already showing at the national level and should start appearing at the state-by-state level anytime.
As I've done all along, I'm still predicting an Obama victory. Palin certainly gave McCain a boost but I don't think it will be enough to overcome the baggage the Republicans carry this time around.

Ken

Old 09-17-2008, 05:37 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
The Palin bounce is over. As time marches on, and as she speaks more, the numbers will get better for Obama.

The one thing I do have to laugh at, are the republican drones here who actually believe that speaking is Obama's weak point. Even republican strategists understand this is his strong point. Between this, and Palin who is utterly useless once she is off script, you're going to see who surges ahead after the debates, and who stays there. I can tell you who it's not going to be either.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:38 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,850,694 times
I am saying what I have been saying forever. polls are retarded. I have been pretty consistent in that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Say what you will but this is the best day for Obama, in terms of polling, since before the Palin pick and the Republican convention. The luster of Caribou Barbie has worn off, plus she has helped galvanized the Democratic base.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:45 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,630,098 times
I guess this poll matters because Obama is leading. Then when McCain goes ahead again, they will be flawed again. Laughable.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:48 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Lol... 5%?? That means nothing... Its funny how Obama fans say it means "something" when Obama is ahead and that national polls mean nothing when he is behind... you people flip-flop more than Romney.... this may be a shocker to you but 5% means its neck and neck... you can be ahead 5% or even 8% in the polls and STILL lose during election time...

Old 09-17-2008, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Lol... 5%?? That means nothing... Its funny how Obama fans say it means "something" when Obama is ahead and that national polls mean nothing when he is behind... you people flip-flop more than Romney.... this may be a shocker to you but 5% means its neck and neck... you can be ahead 5% or even 8% in the polls and STILL lose during election time...

Polls indicate trends and all the polls are now showing a trend in Obama's direction...the bounce from Palin and the RNC are gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections