Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 05:38 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,021,080 times

Advertisements

cbs5.com - Video Library

She was excellent! She needs to get out there even more and knock down the "lies" and "smears".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2008, 06:16 AM

1,137 posts, read 2,283,962 times
was asked for specific examples of economic "empowerment" and didn't list any.
vetoed? hardly. She asked for billions in earmarks as well.
She mentions renewable energies even though those aren't any large par of the McCain plan. only oil and nuclear are his talking points.
No one thinks you can't be a mother and a vice president. But it is irresponsible to many people.
Specifics asked for on foreign policy, she said basically.... "You can ask me"

that was 37 minutes of exactly what I expected. a waste of my time watching a candidate for VP who was one of the worst possible choices.

Old 09-18-2008, 06:22 AM

2,868 posts, read 9,563,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Adam29 View Post
was asked for specific examples of economic "empowerment" and didn't list any.
vetoed? hardly. She asked for billions in earmarks as well.
She mentions renewable energies even though those aren't any large par of the McCain plan. only oil and nuclear are his talking points.
No one thinks you can't be a mother and a vice president. But it is irresponsible to many people.
Specifics asked for on foreign policy, she said basically.... "You can ask me"

that was 37 minutes of exactly what I expected. a waste of my time watching a candidate for VP who was one of the worst possible choices.
I know...the person asked for specifics and she said, "We can play stump the canidate if you want." Uh...no need just an answer...

THis is going to turn into pure comedy...

Old 09-18-2008, 06:22 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,021,080 times
Quote:
She asked for billions in earmarks as well.
Sorry, she cut earmarks drastically. She vetoed $3.6 bil. Can't escape the facts.

Old 09-18-2008, 06:23 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,760,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Sorry, she cut earmarks drastically. She vetoed $3.6 bil. Can't escape the facts.
She still accepted billions of dollars in earmarks.

Old 09-18-2008, 06:25 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,952,323 times
Quote:
cbs5.com - Video Library

She was excellent! She needs to get out there even more and knock down the "lies" and "smears".
Making corny jokes and Mccain speaking on behalf of her on several occasions is not "excellent". Your standards are REALLY dropping and the desperation is showing.

She was asked what her "specific skills" were and she said "I'm prepared". WTF is that? She then went on to say "I have that confidence. I have that readiness," Palin said. "And if you want specifics with specific policies or countries, you can go ahead and ask me. You can play 'stump the candidate' if you want to. But we are ready to serve."

Looks like they gave her a crash course on policies and that's the only thing she wanted to talk about. Mccain had to step in and say "that as governor of a state that is oil and gas plentiful, Palin was familiar with energy". She knows it to be "one of our great national security challenges," he said.

Next up from Mccain was citing her nearly two years as commander of Alaska's National Guard. "I believe she is absolutely, totally qualified to address every challenge as the next vice president of the United States," McCain said. HAHAHAHAHAHA....where she never made a direct decision

This is such a farce. I am sure the Obama camp would be just as bad, but to honestly tell me that someone who dodges a question about specific skills for being a great VP with "I am prepared, confident and ready" is a joke. She avoids transparency in her emails by using a private account but last night....I was still able to see right through her.

Old 09-18-2008, 06:27 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,760,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Making corny jokes and Mccain speaking on behalf of her on several occasions is not "excellent". Your standards are REALLY dropping and the desperation is showing.

She was asked what her "specific skills" were and she said "I'm prepared". WTF is that? She then went on to say "I have that confidence. I have that readiness," Palin said. "And if you want specifics with specific policies or countries, you can go ahead and ask me. You can play 'stump the candidate' if you want to. But we are ready to serve."

Looks like they gave her a crash course on policies and that's the only thing she wanted to talk about. Mccain had to step in and say "that as governor of a state that is oil and gas plentiful, Palin was familiar with energy". She knows it to be "one of our great national security challenges," he said.

Next up from Mccain was citing her nearly two years as commander of Alaska's National Guard. "I believe she is absolutely, totally qualified to address every challenge as the next vice president of the United States," McCain said. HAHAHAHAHAHA....where she never made a direct decision

This is such a farce. I am sure the Obama camp would be just as bad, but to honestly tell me that someone who dodges a question about specific skills for being a great VP with "I am prepared, confident and ready" is a joke. She avoids transparency in her emails by using a private account but last night....I was still able to see right through her.
That was really painful to watch.

Old 09-18-2008, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Your arguments are getting lamer and lamer. Sure she vetoed $3.6 billion in earmarks (probably because they didn't benefit her) but how many did she vote for? For anyone to take you seriously you really need to be able to see the negatives of your candidate (as do Obama supporters) and for you to blatantly disregard them OR respond to a challenge about your candidate with a challenge about another one is weak.

Old 09-18-2008, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
That was really painful to watch.
I watched 2 minutes of it upstairs (luckily I caught the "stump the candidate") and decided I would rather be downstairs with my wife watching the new 90210. At least the women on that show really are hot while reading from a tired script.

Old 09-18-2008, 06:30 AM

2,868 posts, read 9,563,324 times
It really is pathetic...and an insult to women...

I just can not wait for her debate with Biden...If she can not field a question from a person in a town hall...(and that town hall was a pre-ticketed event)....She is just going to crumble when she has to give a real answer...

She has proven nothing but she can not answer questions...and I am guessing the reason is because she does not know the answer...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections