Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 11:58 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokerdave View Post
i am attempting to redirect the distraction to the OP.

Lol...Source? Ummm...where do Bills come from Before they hit the President's desk? Help me out....do we blame Presidents or candidates....which way is best for you today The OP is right, we should hand the reins back. This appears to be systemic, and we can certainly see the end result. 4more years! 4more years!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2008, 12:01 PM

542 posts, read 1,684,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
This country is in such sorry, scary shape. It might be best to just leave the Republicans alone to face the mess they've made. They made the mess, let them try to clean it up.

Although they're not exactly known for stepping in and cleaning up messes. They spend most of their energy in a cycle of bullying, distracting and blaming, and right now the McCain camp is blaming the previous admin, which is its own people, its own party, with whose "leader" the current candidate voted 90+% of the time. So - four more years.

So in four years - after, say, two years of a feeble, indecisive, pathetic, miserable McCain puppet show and a two-year tragicomedy that would be President Lipstick's reign - by then Obama will be looking real good, even to the idjit right wing "base" who hate him now. Obama or whoever.

So let them keep the White House, screw up the Supreme Court further, disappoint and embarrass their base even more, alienate and isolate us even further in a shrinking world on which we depend financially and in every other way, kill a few (or many) thousand more soldiers by moving in on other countries to take their oil (and in squabbles with the new neighbors of our bases in the Mideast and Asia), probably get thousands more of us killed as a result of foreign policies that describe a paranoid-schizophrenic's approach to life, increase the rich-poor divide and the education gap between us and other countries, and generally continue down the path set by seventeenth-century Spain.

Break a leg I say. McCain 08.

Good idea? Or irresponsible?
You do realize we have a DEMOCRATIC congress right?

Old 09-18-2008, 12:01 PM

1,286 posts, read 2,915,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Lol...Source? Ummm...where do Bills come from Before they hit the President's desk? Help me out....do we blame Presidents or candidates....which way is best for you today The OP is right, we should hand the reins back. This appears to be systemic, and we can certainly see the end result. 4more years! 4more years!
the very least you can do is read the sources i posted. they explain how CLINTON pushed for this. are you really telling me you don't remember his speeches covering this? Perhaps being in the business I just remember it.

Old 09-18-2008, 12:02 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,765,141 times
Glad to see you're coming around, delu!

Old 09-18-2008, 12:04 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vukinjo View Post
You do realize we have a DEMOCRATIC congress right?

I don't necessarily blame "Democrats" for the housing and sub-prime mess.... but we gotta know that the whole Freddie/Fannie "philosophy" of "expanding home ownership to the vulnerable, poor, and minorities..... even if they can't afford it without exotic lending products........ isn't exactly a Republican ideal.

Old 09-18-2008, 12:05 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,132,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
This country is in such sorry, scary shape. It might be best to just leave the Republicans alone to face the mess they've made. They made the mess, let them try to clean it up.

Although they're not exactly known for stepping in and cleaning up messes. They spend most of their energy in a cycle of bullying, distracting and blaming, and right now the McCain camp is blaming the previous admin, which is its own people, its own party, with whose "leader" the current candidate voted 90+% of the time. So - four more years.

So in four years - after, say, two years of a feeble, indecisive, pathetic, miserable McCain puppet show and a two-year tragicomedy that would be President Lipstick's reign - by then Obama will be looking real good, even to the idjit right wing "base" who hate him now. Obama or whoever.

So let them keep the White House, screw up the Supreme Court further, disappoint and embarrass their base even more, alienate and isolate us even further in a shrinking world on which we depend financially and in every other way, kill a few (or many) thousand more soldiers by moving in on other countries to take their oil (and in squabbles with the new neighbors of our bases in the Mideast and Asia), probably get thousands more of us killed as a result of foreign policies that describe a paranoid-schizophrenic's approach to life, increase the rich-poor divide and the education gap between us and other countries, and generally continue down the path set by seventeenth-century Spain.

Break a leg I say. McCain 08.

Good idea? Or irresponsible?
Irresponsible. It would be insane if you gave them the power and blessing to continue. It makes as little sense as voting for McCain/Palin because Hillary did not win the Democratic nomination. Revenge voting doesn't get our country anywhere positive.

Old 09-18-2008, 12:24 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times
Thumbs up 4more years 4more years!

Quote:
the very least you can do is read the sources i posted. they explain how CLINTON pushed for this. are you really telling me you don't remember his speeches covering this? Perhaps being in the business I just remember it.
Hate to remind you, I was at one point very inclined to objectively look at data you posted and engage in spirited discourse with you. I believe the art of negotiation is based in objectively listening to the other side in order to reach a mutually acceptable conclusion, and I have no problem admitting or conceeding the point; however you singlehandedly removed yourself from any serious consideration when you chose in one of your prior posts to engage in purely unethical behavior which I was forced to not only counter but divulge a confidential conversation to do so. The problem with the current administration and Senator McCain is the "culture" of such behavior being acceptable, "alls fair" blah blah blah.....I'm with the OP in this thread. 4more years 4more years!

Old 09-18-2008, 12:31 PM

1,286 posts, read 2,915,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Hate to remind you, I was at one point very inclined to objectively look at data you posted and engage in spirited discourse with you. I believe the art of negotiation is based in objectively listening to the other side in order to reach a mutually acceptable conclusion, and I have no problem admitting or conceeding the point; however you singlehandedly removed yourself from any serious consideration when you chose in one of your prior posts to engage in purely unethical behavior which I was forced to not only counter but divulge a confidential conversation to do so. The problem with the current administration and Senator McCain is the "culture" of such behavior being acceptable, "alls fair" blah blah blah.....I'm with the OP in this thread. 4more years 4more years!
what are you talking about?

Old 09-18-2008, 12:33 PM

5,294 posts, read 5,235,996 times
Quote:
unfortunately for you CLINTON is the one who de-regulated the lending laws to push the financial district to fund loans to low income and bad credit buyers. hence the mortgage mess we are in. who knew people with bad credit would'nt pay their mortgages and with low income would buy homes they couldn't afford...
That doesn't answer why banks would actually follow it. It's not like the banks couldnt' have decided on their own to be responsible and only lend to creditworthy customers.

Old 09-18-2008, 12:41 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,152,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
That doesn't answer why banks would actually follow it. It's not like the banks couldnt' have decided on their own to be responsible and only lend to creditworthy customers.
Money. When an underwriter gave a mortgage, they knew that most of those would be repackaged and sold to investment banks and others. When it came crashing down, the original underwriter wouldn't be left holding the cards. That's why this was a shell game of epic proportions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections