Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 04:43 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,005,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Are we 100% sure she's still an American citizen? Doesn't she live in London a large part of the time? Didn't I read on this forum that if you live abroad for an extended period of time you lose your citizenship?

Inquiring minds want to know.
They compare her to Leiberman in the interview... and she quotes Ronald Reagan... about the party leaving her...

Considering that she's stepping down from an important position in the DNC because of her feelings about this election, I think you can be pretty certain that she's a citizen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2008, 05:49 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,029,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
The Democratic party is in trouble and maybe with these people leaving like they are someone will notice!
Yeah this is a HUGE loss. It means one less influence buyer on the left and one more on the right. She likes McCain because McCain likes her money and Obama was unimpressed.

Old 09-18-2008, 05:55 PM

8,064 posts, read 17,942,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
She's not the only one. Wolf and Campbell Brown both interviewed her. it was painful to watch their sputtering.

Notice at the end of the Wolf video, she kids Wolf about HIM being the liberal elite, something most of us have known all along.
Heh, wasn't that awesome?! She speaks for me, BIG TIME! I LOVED how she said that the Dems use the abortion issue to wrap it around women's necks!

Lynn de Rothschild ROCKS!

Old 09-18-2008, 05:58 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,378,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post
Yeah this is a HUGE loss. It means one less influence buyer on the left and one more on the right. She likes McCain because McCain likes her money and Obama was unimpressed.
This is why she is endorsing McCain. Because the Dems don't get it! Pelosi, Dean and Obama are not safe for this country!
Nor is not having checks and balances which means if the Dems control everything especially with the ones that would be in control it would be devastating for our country.............

Old 09-18-2008, 05:59 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,441,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Heh, wasn't that awesome?! She speaks for me, BIG TIME! I LOVED how she said that the Dems use the abortion issue to wrap it around women's necks!

Lynn de Rothschild ROCKS!
Anybody else notice that the repug sots have resorted to repeating the same old crap over and over again, that's all they have I suppose!

Old 09-18-2008, 06:02 PM

Yeah she is cat's meow!!! Is the right really this gullible? Can anyone of you point to ONE issue that she said she disagrees with Obama on and that she agrees with McCain on?

It's amazing how many people can be distracted by a new shiny object...

Old 09-18-2008, 06:03 PM

Quote:
This is why she is endorsing McCain. Because the Dems don't get it! Pelosi, Dean and Obama are not safe for this country!
Nor is not having checks and balances which means if the Dems control everything especially with the ones that would be in control it would be devastating for our country.............
Where did she say this - or are you just making it up?

Old 09-18-2008, 06:05 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,378,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post
Where did she say this - or are you just making it up?
She said it on Greta and I have been trying to find the interview or a transcript of it I have not been able to look today for it but maybe someone else has time.

Old 09-18-2008, 06:11 PM

Quote:
She said it on Greta and I have been trying to find the interview or a transcript of it I have not been able to look today for it but maybe someone else has time.
Oh, ok. Then I'm sure it exists!

Anybody see that winning lottery ticket that I had? I'm sure I had one but now I can't find it... Really! I had one!

Old 09-18-2008, 06:15 PM

1,162 posts, read 2,099,485 times
Here it is:

Hillary Clinton Fund-Raiser Endorses John McCain

Greta Van Susteren

Lynn Forester de Rothschild

VAN SUSTEREN: Senator McCain has one more vote in his column tonight, and it comes from an unlikely source. Joining us live is Lynn Forester de Rothschild, a top fund-raiser for Senator Hillary Clinton. Yes, she's a Democrat and now a supporter of Senator John McCain.

Nice to see you, Lynn.

LYNN FORESTER DE ROTHSCHILD, DEMOCRAT BACKING MCCAIN: Great to see you, Greta.

VAN SUSTEREN: You joined us at the convention. All right, how long have you been a Democrat?

DE ROTHSCHILD: I'm 54 years old. So I've been a Democrat since I could vote, so you do the math.

VAN SUSTEREN: All right. I can't.

(LAUGHTER)

VAN SUSTEREN: Why are you switching your vote from Democrat to Senator McCain?

DE ROTHSCHILD: I'm switching because I've looked at both candidates very carefully. I've thought a lot about this. I've studied both, and I sincerely believe that John McCain will be a much better president for the country than Barack Obama.

VAN SUSTEREN: Why?

DE ROTHSCHILD: Why?

VAN SUSTEREN: Based on what?

DE ROTHSCHILD: Based on John McCain's background of being willing to reach across the aisle to Democrats to take on George Bush, and also in contrast to where the Democratic Party has gone. With Barack Obama, Howard Dean, Nancy Pelosi, the party has gone too far to the left for my comfort. And I don't think it's very healthy to have a Democratic president beholden to a Speaker of the House who is also a Democrat with a Democratic majority in the Senate.

Our country needs checks and balances, and I don't think it's safe to have that group controlling all of Washington. I want John McCain, who will reach across the aisle, talk to Democrats, get the best Democratic ideas, take on the Republican Party when he needs to, and most importantly, he will make a judgment based on what is best for the American people.

VAN SUSTEREN: Have you met either Senator McCain or Senator Obama?

DE ROTHSCHILD: I met Senator McCain years ago.

VAN SUSTEREN: Years ago.

DE ROTHSCHILD: Years ago.

VAN SUSTEREN: And has this -- I mean, is this sort of an easy move for you or you -- what do your friends think, I guess I should say?

DE ROTHSCHILD: My friends -- I'm getting a mixed response. I mean, some of my friends are very pleased about it because they know that I'm doing this from a place of deep conviction. This is not something I do lightly.

So I'm excited about it because I really believe John McCain is a great man who will be a great president and he can be the real centrist. Maybe we can rid ourselves of the extremes on the right and the extremes on the left by this candidate and his running mate, who will reach out, who will find just the best. We don't do well with the extremes in this country, with all due respect to both of them. So I'm very excited that maybe we're on the cusp of something really great for America if we elect John McCain.

VAN SUSTEREN: Are you actually going to hit the campaign trail?

DE ROTHSCHILD: I'm going to hit it. I have notified my family and my colleagues that they're not going to see much of me until November 5.

VAN SUSTEREN: That'll be 48 days they won't see you. Well, Lynn, we'll continue to follow, and thank you very much for joining us once again here "On the Record." Thank you, Lynn.

DE ROTHSCHILD: Great to be here.

VAN SUSTEREN: Coming up: $85 billion. That is how much of your money is being loaned to AIG to bail them out. Don't kid yourself, this affects you, every single American. Will it have an impact on who wins the Oval Office in only 48 days? You will hear.

And later: She got quizzed by Sean Hannity, and tonight Governor Palin took on voters for the very first time. You will see what happened at a town hall meeting that just ended. No script, no teleprompter, just Governor Palin thinking on her feet. How did she do? We will show you and you get to decide.

September 18, 2008
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections