U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 06:31 AM

13,724 posts, read 16,895,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleanmaxx Brian View Post
I know that is what he told you...
He just doesn't want to upset you
My 19-year-old son isn't voting for Obama either. Sorry! He's been interested in politics since he was about 8 years old and he's always leaned to the right. I have 2 other kids, 1 pretty apolitical, the other more left leaning. But my youngest is definitely a McCain supporter. He will definitely vote because he cares. The apolitical one will probably not vote. The left leaning one will probably not vote either; she tends to not follow through. I did encourage her to register to vote though.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 07:35 AM

41,313 posts, read 41,557,270 times
It appears there could be a connection with this hacker and Plouffe, Obama's campaign manager....you can bet this is developing.

terryfrank.net » Investigating David Kernell (http://terryfrank.net/?p=3591 - broken link)

If this is true, rutt-rohh.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:42 AM

8,326 posts, read 6,398,736 times
Actually, the hacker was a random person on 4chan, a website I reguarly go to. They did a password recovery on Palin's email address, and got in. It wasn't hacking per say, just Palin not being careful enough. There was nothing political about this, just some internet superhero having fun with it. Interesting to note as well, another internet superhero went behind him and changed Palin's password before 4chan could do any damage.

So, basically, like I said, this has nothing to do with Obama or Democrats. I wasn't there when it happened, but I did catch the aftermath on 4chan. And they would've done the same for Obama, or anyone in general. They're famous for that. They reguarly hack Myspace accounts (and even hacked Google and found some lewd photos of some girls, and found the identity of said girls, their parents email addresses, sending them to the parents.)

4chan is basically the group "Anonymous". You might've heard about their war on Scientology, or their prank call saying that they were going to blow up 4 football stadiums, but like I said, this is what they do for fun. They hack anything they can get their hands on. This time, it just happens to be Palin's email.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:44 AM

24,661 posts, read 35,740,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Really. I thought jacking a person's email account was the "real" issue in this case.

Lot of people blaming the victim here. That ain't too progressive, IMO.
If the hacker did something wrong, he will be dealt with legally. That issue is independent of what I mentioned. So Palin is a "victim" now. Hmm. And to think you guys want this "victim" to be the Vice President of the United States.........the "victim" shouldn't be doing business on Yahoo.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:46 AM

24,661 posts, read 35,740,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I agree. The Dems have taken a huge step backward since Palin was announced as Reb VP. They have shown what they really think of women and they have shown their true colors about a lot of issues. I'm shaking my head. McCain has to win; we can't let the side of people who think like this in the White House.
Nah, we greatly prefer the election-stealing, Constitution-crapping, detainee-torturing, hurricane-ignoring, economy-ruining Nixonian idiots that are in there right now. They've done a great job over the past couple of decades...............

Old 09-19-2008, 09:04 AM

1,084 posts, read 2,080,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
Actually, the hacker was a random person on 4chan, a website I reguarly go to. They did a password recovery on Palin's email address, and got in. It wasn't hacking per say, just Palin not being careful enough. There was nothing political about this, just some internet superhero having fun with it. Interesting to note as well, another internet superhero went behind him and changed Palin's password before 4chan could do any damage.

So, basically, like I said, this has nothing to do with Obama or Democrats. I wasn't there when it happened, but I did catch the aftermath on 4chan. And they would've done the same for Obama, or anyone in general. They're famous for that. They reguarly hack Myspace accounts (and even hacked Google and found some lewd photos of some girls, and found the identity of said girls, their parents email addresses, sending them to the parents.)

4chan is basically the group "Anonymous". You might've heard about their war on Scientology, or their prank call saying that they were going to blow up 4 football stadiums, but like I said, this is what they do for fun. They hack anything they can get their hands on. This time, it just happens to be Palin's email.
They struck again huh, LOL. Yeah this is the same group that hacked and jacked up two other websites I frequently visit.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:16 AM

17,065 posts, read 16,674,584 times
Quote:
Sunil's Dad;5332721]...... That issue is independent of what I mentioned. So Palin is a "victim" now. Hmm.
If a criminal act has been committed against someone they are commonly referred to a "vicitms". Even conservatives.

Quote:
And to think you guys want this "victim" to be the Vice President of the United States
I'm not sure what you have against that word but, yeah, I guess I do.

I've never been a fan of Joe Biden (or his speech writer Neil Kinnock).

Quote:
.........the "victim" shouldn't be doing business on Yahoo
Hmmm. you might be on to something big here. She also might have taken home some paper clips and Post-It (tm) packs from the State House.

Let loose the hounds of truth!!!!

Old 09-19-2008, 09:21 AM

17,065 posts, read 16,674,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
The victim here is the public Palin represents.
The Alaskans? They voted her in. If they're whining about being victimized by their own votes, well, they better vote her out. It's the American way.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:26 AM

690 posts, read 944,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
My 19-year-old son isn't voting for Obama either. Sorry! He's been interested in politics since he was about 8 years old and he's always leaned to the right. I have 2 other kids, 1 pretty apolitical, the other more left leaning. But my youngest is definitely a McCain supporter. He will definitely vote because he cares. The apolitical one will probably not vote. The left leaning one will probably not vote either; she tends to not follow through. I did encourage her to register to vote though.

Hi Luzianne,
I was only picking on teatime as she does more than her share of picking on us libs. It is all in good City-Data forum fun No need to be sorry

Old 09-19-2008, 09:34 AM

973 posts, read 2,074,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
They did a password recovery on Palin's email address, and got in. It wasn't hacking per say, just Palin not being careful enough.
You're right, it's not hacking, but accessing someone's email without authorization is still a felony. I'm not going to defend what her use of that email was.. so far I've only seen family-and-friend type emails and nothing that would be considered "official" business.

The underlying message here though, is committing a felony to find out if someone else was doing something wrong is not justified.

The anti-government & pro-freedom groups, like the ACLU, regardless of liberal or conservative affiliation, would be going nuts if a normal citizen had a felony breach of an email account just to try to find some evidence of foul play, especially if "hacked" by someone with government/political intentions. Where is the ACLU in this case? Hypocrites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections