Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 08:49 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,330,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Come on.....if Obama wanted to get into Palin's personal email, do you really think he'd have some 20 y/o kid who's the son of a Democratic rep do it? Let's at least give him some credit for having better connections than that. Hell, you guys have Obama tied to the Weathermen, every muslim fundamentalist/extremist on the globe, al queda and who know who else- I'd think he could get a better hacker with all those connections, dontcha think???

Yes , I doubt Obama would have anyone engage in that ESP since he knows the guy will get caught.

I hope who ever did it rots in jail .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 08:58 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,578,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I don't care if the government would listen in to calls I make or read emails if they think they need to do so for this Countries security....they will be bored to death since I'm not doing anything wrong.

But for individuals who are bored to hack other peoples email, that is a crime...before the law was in place it happened to my daughter and the hacker stalked her and sxual herrassed her...We went to the police and the teenager was caught but since the alw wasn't in place, there was not much we could do....but from experience I know how scarry it is for a 12 year old girl and parents when teenagers do something like that and I'm glad there is a law in place and hope they will procecute who ever did this...that might send a message to the next person who thinks it is funny.
It doesn't matter whether you've done anything wrong or not. The Feds could indict and convict a ham sandwich if they wish (and they have).

Old 09-19-2008, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
What is provacy?

Anyway, when they passed that Patriot Act, the Republicans/Bushies naked power grab was made into law. You don't have any privacy, and you don't even know it.
----------------

I agree but is is just as deplorable and hypocritical when Dem's act "above it all".

Most Dems including Pelosi voted to give Bush what he wanted.

I see no difference between Reps/Dems when it come's to this . They are the SAME.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:09 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,028,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
----------------

I agree but is is just as deplorable and hypocritical when Dem's act "above it all".

Most Dems including Pelosi voted to give Bush what he wanted.

I see no difference between Reps/Dems when it come's to this . They are the SAME.

Except the Dems had nothing to do with this.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
Except the Dems had nothing to do with this.

If you had read the post I was responding to which I quoted you would know why I mentioned Dems.

It had to do with Patriot act which Dems like Reps voted for. Only to later attempt to slither out of and blame only the Reps.

You do know don't you that MOST Dems voted for Patriot act and MOST Dems voted for immunity for illegal wire tapping ?

Old 09-19-2008, 09:28 AM

Quote:
If you had read the post I was responding to which I quoted you would know why I mentioned Dems.

It had to do with Patriot act which Dems like Reps voted for. Only to later attempt to slither out of and blame only the Reps.

I apologize, I was a little quick on the trigger for that one. I'm just shocked at how many people are trying to lay the blame on the Democratic party when Anonymous already claimed responsibility for this act. (In fact, I was on 4chan a day before (basically the night after the incident happened) all the news broke out, and read a thread where they were talking about this, and complaining about the other person who changed the password so they couldn't do any further damage.)

Old 09-19-2008, 09:28 AM

20,258 posts, read 19,838,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
I think the important issue is that Palin was trying to hide e-mails by using a personal account. Everything is supposed to be public information.

What about THAT? That worries me a lot.
If that worries you a lot then you don't even want to know about getting ahead in politics, Chicago style.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:29 AM

Quote:
You do know don't you that MOST Dems voted for Patriot act and MOST Dems voted for immunity for illegal wire tapping ?
Yes, I do know this. It's a disgusting act by both parties. It's why I'm neither dem nor republican. Simply an independent liberal.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:30 AM

2,769 posts, read 7,221,332 times
Wow, it's OK to tell the public that the account was hacked in the first place, but not to report who did it. The Obama brainwashing continues.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
I apologize, I was a little quick on the trigger for that one. I'm just shocked at how many people are trying to lay the blame on the Democratic party when Anonymous already claimed responsibility for this act. (In fact, I was on 4chan a day before (basically the night after the incident happened) all the news broke out, and read a thread where they were talking about this, and complaining about the other person who changed the password so they couldn't do any further damage.)
---------------

Apology means nothing unless it is backed up by a $100 Hickory Farms smoked Ham or turkey basket (pre sliced) .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections