U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 09:50 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,825,689 times

Advertisements

I listened to Mc Cain speech here in Minnesota today and I was not impressed. He chose the Anoka/Blaine area probably for a reason, demographics of these cities is mostly poor white trash. The same McCain who stated a few days ago that the fundamentals of the economy are sound, today stated that he would offer reforms to prevent financial firms from concealing bad practices because "an inexcusable lack of financial transparency allowed Wall Street firms to engage in reckless behavior that padded their profits and fattened executive bonuses when times were good". The same Mc Cain who voted for deregulation, today believes that firms and the economy should be regulated. It was a very confusing speech full of lies and half truths.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 10:10 PM

12,408 posts, read 17,549,251 times
Yeah.
And, if it is the speech we listened to, the cameras must not have been controlled by the station because they did not pan the crowd.
You could hear individual people clapping, weakly.
The turnout was abysmal.
Thank God some people are starting to think.
In the midst of a crisis, his slogans and POW stories don't seem to do so well.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:01 PM

41,313 posts, read 41,712,461 times
Where do the poor black trash live?

Old 09-19-2008, 11:11 PM

12,644 posts, read 19,088,345 times
Todd Palin stays in Minnesota, plays role of snowmobile champion:

It's not exactly where you'd expect politics to play out: on a dusty field, under corporate flags, beside the latest toys. But among the champion snowmobile racers attending the Hay Days Grass Drags in Forest Lake, was Todd Palin.

The world may now know Todd as the husband of the Republican Vice Presidential Nominee Sarah Palin. But to the crowd of more than 30-thousand people attending Saturday's event, Todd is first and foremost, a champion racer.

And Palin's right. Among the dozens waiting for autographs -- more knew him as the four-time winner of the two thousand mile Tesoro Iron Dog snowmobile race -- than as MR. Sarah Palin.

"They're the real McCoy," said McCain Spokesman, Tom Steward. "They have authenticity and credibility, salmon fishing - you name it. And I think people really appreciate that."

kare11.com | Twin Cities, MN | Todd Palin stays in Minnesota, plays role of snowmobile champion (http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=524041&catid=2 - broken link)

Old 09-20-2008, 06:49 AM

3,433 posts, read 5,825,689 times
Todd went to a snowmobile event up in the same area, the Northern suburbs, that place is full of white trash and ignorant hicks. It seems like they never come to the wealthier suburbs of Minneapolis where you actually have people who are educated.

Old 09-20-2008, 06:58 AM

9,124 posts, read 34,089,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post

"They're the real McCoy," said McCain Spokesman, Tom Steward. "They have authenticity and credibility, salmon fishing - you name it. And I think people really appreciate that."
Yeah, just the kinda people you'd wanna hang out and have a beer with. Oh, wait- that line was used by someone else recently- how's his approval rating these days?

Old 09-20-2008, 06:59 AM

21,035 posts, read 20,575,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I listened to Mc Cain speech here in Minnesota today and I was not impressed. He chose the Anoka/Blaine area probably for a reason, demographics of these cities is mostly poor white trash. The same McCain who stated a few days ago that the fundamentals of the economy are sound, today stated that he would offer reforms to prevent financial firms from concealing bad practices because "an inexcusable lack of financial transparency allowed Wall Street firms to engage in reckless behavior that padded their profits and fattened executive bonuses when times were good". The same Mc Cain who voted for deregulation, today believes that firms and the economy should be regulated. It was a very confusing speech full of lies and half truths.
Heard him on TV and had to turn it off...his blatant lies made me sick. He has NO backbone...can't he admit his mistakes and then proceed to give us his

PLAN!

What's his PLAN?

Oh, I must've shut off the TV before I heard it...

Old 09-20-2008, 09:56 AM

41,313 posts, read 41,712,461 times
Quote:
What's his PLAN?
Funny, Obama seems to have voted "present" on this issue. He has declined to give specifics of his "plan". In fact, he basically has admitted he has no plan.

Old 09-20-2008, 02:32 PM

12,644 posts, read 19,088,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Yeah, just the kinda people you'd wanna hang out and have a beer with. Oh, wait- that line was used by someone else recently- how's his approval rating these days?
He never said that it was said as an attempt to make him look bad.
Like people who drink beer are stupid sort of thing.
You all can talk all the crap you want but there are allot of people who are just like those people and just because you may not like the extra curricular activities that they choose does not mean they are stupid hicks.
They happen to be the better part of the countries population.
have strong morals and values which at some point has become a bad thing in this country by the liberals who have none! So it is the Liberals that are pushing their agenda upon all of us not the other way around!

Old 09-20-2008, 03:29 PM

16,046 posts, read 24,290,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
He chose the Anoka/Blaine area probably for a reason, demographics of these cities is mostly poor white trash...
Is poor white trash less important than the rest of America? In otherwords, does their vote count less than yours and mine?

This is a state that voted Democrat 4 of the last 4 elections, but BO has a 1% advantage. I wouldn't go moufin' off about how bad McCain has done there just yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections