Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 06:22 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,379,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Sadly there is virtually no chance of it happening now. Since the Republicans have wrecked the budget and our economy with huge trillion dollar debts, there will be no money to pay for any new Federal programs. In fact existing programs will probably have to be curtailed including Medicare part D and SCHIP for children. That is really ashame. If we had not elected the Republicans, we would be enjoying a budget surplus and be able to do things for the American people.
Thats it speak without even knowing the meaning...

Everything should be cut EVERYTHING! Except ss, etc.

We can start with Illegals drinking from the trough.......
Than cut building stadiums, parks, bike paths and all that other crap that the Government should not be paying for if the areas have money!
Poverty stricken areas are the exception.

If those areas want parks and stadiums let them raise the money for it from the people who will actually benefit from it....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2008, 06:27 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,401,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Thats it speak without even knowing the meaning...

We can start with Illegals drinking from the trough.......
Than cut building stadiums, parks, bike paths and all that other crap that the Government should not be paying for if the areas have money!
Poverty stricken areas are the exception.

If those areas want parks and stadiums let them raise the money for it from the people who will actually benefit from it....
Social Security and Medicare is the most expensive entitlement out there. It shouldn't just be cut, it should be eliminated. Let the irresponsible old people live on welfare like they deserve.

Old 09-20-2008, 06:33 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,674,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
Social Security and Medicare is the most expensive entitlement out there. It shouldn't just be cut, it should be eliminated. Let the irresponsible old people live on welfare like they deserve.
This is about the most wasteful stupid post I have ever read.

SS is not an entitlement, they paid into and EARNED that money.

Entitlement are for losers who have not earned it, those old people worked their lives away paying into it, they deserve it back and then some.

No, the lazy bums on welfare for 4 and 5 generations should be working and paying those old people for them feeding and housing the bums for all those years.

You must be a democrat, only a democrat would think with a half brain dead mind.

Irresponsible my ass! The greatest generation of our time and you call them irresponsible.

Old 09-20-2008, 06:34 PM

18,924 posts, read 43,225,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Sadly there is virtually no chance of it happening now, there will be no money to pay for any new Federal programs.
hotdamn!!!

Old 09-20-2008, 07:32 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,401,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
This is about the most wasteful stupid post I have ever read.
Really? So, if it turns out that you're mistaken, then it'd be accurate to say that you must be exceptionally stupid for not seeing a sensible post?

Quote:
SS is not an entitlement, they paid into and EARNED that money.
entitlement definition |Dictionary.com #3.

In regard to them "earning" that money, that's not accurate either. If they "earned" it, they'd deserve it, right? However, the Supreme Court ruled in the 70's that the government doesn't owe it. Once you give it to them, they can do whatever they like and they're not obligated to any agreement.

Further, the money they stupidly trusted the politicians with was spent on projects. They, SS fans, trusted the government and the government blew it. I don't owe them because they're naive. Explain why my taxes should increase from 17% for SS to 25% to keep stupid old people, the beneficiary of the pyramid scheme, from taking responsibility for their actions? Why should I pay for them trusting politicians-- not to mention THEY VOTED IN THOSE POLITICIANS!!!

Quote:
Entitlement are for losers who have not earned it, those old people worked their lives away paying into it, they deserve it back and then some.
Trusting politicians and passing an oppressive program to future generations seems like the actions of losers to me.

Quote:
Irresponsible my ass! The greatest generation of our time and you call them irresponsible.
The "Greatest Sense of Entitlement" generation! Nearly every generation prior to the WW2 generation had a big war without their posterity owing them anything except the obligation to do the same for future generations. I don't owe you *****. My countrymen don't owe you *****. You--or the old idiots you defend-- are parasites who accepted what the previous generation passed them and then burdened the next with their lifestyle.

Make some sense next time you post to me.

Old 09-20-2008, 07:36 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,776,394 times
Quote:
We Can Kiss National Health Goodbye
Thank God! You have no idea what a government run health care system looks like. Just take a gander at Canada, England and others who have it.

Based on the inefficiencies, waste and fraud inherent in the big-government systems we have now (medicare, medicaid) - WHY in the world do you think the government is capable of running a clean, efficient, well-oil machine like universal health care?

Old 09-20-2008, 08:32 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,379,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
No Illegals and un-necessary pork are.

Old 09-20-2008, 08:39 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,441,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Thank God! You have no idea what a government run health care system looks like. Just take a gander at Canada, England and others who have it.
You have no idea about what you bather....

Old 09-20-2008, 08:44 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,524,454 times
You never know...When Obama ends this useless war, that is a ton of money staying here where it should be instead of in Iraq...

Old 09-20-2008, 08:47 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,499,783 times
Quote:
Why make the exception for social security? If you want to cut all entitlements, cut Medicare and Social Security. But you want to spare these two. Why? Let me guess: you are a Republican who loves to suck the government tit for Medicare and SS benefits.

See, this is the hypocrisy I'm talking about. These so called fiscal conservative Republicans want to cut everyone's entitlements as long as you don't cut theirs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections