Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 09:55 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,451,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
Don̢۪t destroy American health system for Canadians

Reads this and many stories just like it.

Maybe someone will die from this idea of free healthcare after waiting in line for a major surgery.

Also, friends of ours from Canada who visit the same hotel every year on the same week for 10+ years in a row tell me all the time you are fine if you do not need something done, if you do you might as well get in line because you have no choices, someone makes them all for you.
By the way, he came to the US to get a triple bypass a few years back, he would have had to wait for 6 months to get one in Canada, here he got it done in less then a week.

I will keep my healthcare thanks.

No more handouts or freebies and no more government in my life.
What a freaking inane post, you do not have a clue. If you have something serious wrong with you(certain nut cases excluded) you will receive prompt and professional heath care in Canada. Our health care is not free, we pay for it through our taxes, get your facts straight before spewing your lies.....your so called Canadian friends are liars as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2008, 09:59 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,684,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipm8 View Post
What a freaking inane post, you do not have a clue. If you have something serious wrong with you(certain nut cases excluded) you will receive prompt and professional heath care in Canada. Our health care is not free, we pay for it through our taxes, get your facts straight before spewing your lies.....your so called Canadian friends are liars as well.

Did you read the link?

Ohio State University Hospital takes in tons of Canadians for surgeries. I wont tell you how I know but they are loaded with patients coming from that system. Here they do not have to take a number like they do up there.

If you need a kidney, lets hope you are one important lady because you will die before you get one in Canada.

Old 09-20-2008, 10:04 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,451,103 times
Quote:
If you need a kidney, lets hope you are one important lady because you will die before you get one in Canada.
I got one at University Hospital in London, Ontario....you know nothing/nada about Canada' health care system.
I don't hav a v jay jay either sunshine!

Old 09-20-2008, 10:06 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,424,424 times
Quote:
His plan will only cover those who do not have coverage or cannot afford it and the hell with us who have good health care.
And that too is patently false.

People without insurance can join the group as well as people with insurance already. It would be an extension, in part, of the preexisting plan that the Feds get. The bigger the pool the cheaper the rates, etc hence the reason if your insurance isn't great you may want to join the national plan. I don't recall who that provider is at the moment but I can ask the spouse if you'd like.

Or you may say eh I'm not in for that plan/provider but I would like to get a comparable rate over at...Carefirst or whoever. You can chose to do so under what he's proposed.

It also provides incentives for businesses to offer better healthcare or healthcare period for those that don't provide it. Don't get me wrong, I've still not decided how I feel about it but what he's proposing is nothing like what you're thinking or saying.

Quote:
Ohio State University Hospital takes in tons of Canadians for surgeries. I wont tell you how I know but they are loaded with patients coming from that system. Here they do not have to take a number like they do up there.

Once more, what he has proposed looks nothing like their system.

Old 09-20-2008, 10:39 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Im leaning towards leaving it up to states and/or cities and counties. Some places just dont want it.
yes states rights......I haven't heard that lately....

Old 09-20-2008, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
If it is all the republicans fault than why hasn't congress run by the democrats done anything the last 2 years?
OpenSecrets | Update: Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Invest in Lawmakers - Capital Eye

A little look down the list will give plenty of insight. But hey the good side of it.....only one independent...

Old 09-20-2008, 11:37 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
OpenSecrets | Update: Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Invest in Lawmakers - Capital Eye

A little look down the list will give plenty of insight. But hey the good side of it.....only one independent...
Hmmm interesting.............

Old 09-20-2008, 11:56 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,412,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post

Where did McCain list on there? I missed him.

Old 09-21-2008, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
Where did McCain list on there? I missed him.
63rd...

The point really isn't so much about how much each one got....

There is close to if not over 100 people on that list...

How are we suppose to think they have anything besides their own best interest at hand...

Old 09-21-2008, 12:10 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
Not really. He'll have to pay down the debt first. That's the motivation for running it up.

More significant is that if he withdraws before the rebuilding is complete, the war will follow us back and that's going to make it even more expensive.

You can't be a fiscal conservative and support SS and MC. I'm a fiscal conservative Republican.
Hey you....keep your damn car off my road! I know you never paid for even a mile of it...so keep your butt off my road!!! Sort of like SS we all pay and share sooner or later, don't we, even those old parents of yours....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections