Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The Economy is bad, but do you think the Democrat Leaders and the Media are making it sound worse so
Yes 42 38.18%
No 66 60.00%
Not Sure 2 1.82%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 02:01 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,575,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
Thanks, but NO thanks to Jimmy Carter II.
Rather that than Bush III
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 02:03 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,802,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch5 View Post
If you took the trouble to inform yourself a bit more and start to look outside your 4 walls you will see that the economical problem is widespread and it affects many other part of the world.

Surely you will not suggest that Obama is plotting also with the British, Italian, French, German, Spanish,..... press.
Let's not forget our Aussie and Irish friends

Old 09-22-2008, 02:04 PM

2,579 posts, read 2,451,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugdogmaster View Post
Let's not forget our Aussie and Irish friends
yes, sorry. That is why I put ...... The list of the Countries affected by the economic crisis is very long indeed.

Old 09-22-2008, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch5 View Post
yes, sorry. That is why I put ...... The list of the Country affected by the economic crisis is very long indeed-
It's sickening to me that we could have stopped this 3-5 years ago. Yet, thanks to many corrupt politicians, and lobbyists and these investment banks being in the pockets of many, the bills were shot down.

Old 09-22-2008, 02:22 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,292,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
The Economy is bad, but do you think the Democrat Leaders and the Media are making it sound worse so Obama can win President.
The media hypes everything because it sells papers and advertising. It's business. You don't complain when Fox leaps on small quotes or comments (i.e. Jesse Jackson's comments) hundreds of times like it's the nail in Obama's coffin. The fact is, we don't need any help from the media to tell us how bad the economy is doing. We can see things changing when we look at our home values, the cost of goods and services, and well educated people we know getting laid-off (not just the blue collar, non-skilled folks anymore).

Old 09-22-2008, 02:23 PM

It completely and utterly baffles me that people are voting yes for this ridiculous pole, thinking that it's some sort of huge world wide conspiracy to get Senator Barack Obama into the White House. Who is brain washing your peoples minds?

Old 09-22-2008, 02:28 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,937,411 times
Worst thread ever!

http://www.weeklyreader.com/readandwriting/content/binary/ComicBookGuy1.jpg (broken link)

Old 09-22-2008, 02:28 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,808,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
The Economy is bad, but do you think the Democrat Leaders and the Media are making it sound worse so Obama can win President.
This just shows how you never have any clue of what you talk about. The financial market is in crisis. By the week's end with the approval of 700 Billion dollars, the total government immedate expenditure would be between 1.6 and 1.8 trillion. That is slightly over half of the federal budget for FY 2009. Yet there are folks like you who think that the media is hyping this stuff up. Thank God i'm not that stupid.

Old 09-22-2008, 02:31 PM

3,980 posts, read 8,986,734 times
Here's a little of what's going on in Ireland... This isn't media hype people.
Irish Examiner | Irish News | News from Ireland

Old 09-22-2008, 02:33 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,806,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post
You're not serious are you?

When Paulson and Bernake met with Congress to tell them what was going on it has been reported by both sides that stunned silence reigned for at least ten seconds then was broken by gasps.

I don't know about you but when do anything hardened politicians are gasping over information that worries me a tiny bit.

Paulson was on Meet the Press yesterday morning. It was pretty clear then that the seriousness of the situation has exactly nothing to do with the elections.
Where did you hear that? It does seem they are actually trying to work togther, which tells me more than anything this was very serious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections