Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The Economy is bad, but do you think the Democrat Leaders and the Media are making it sound worse so
Yes 42 38.18%
No 66 60.00%
Not Sure 2 1.82%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 02:35 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,493,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Worst thread ever!
I don't know....ProudCapMarine is a virtual goldmine of terrible threads and polls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 02:39 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,801,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlaT2 View Post
Where did you hear that? It does seem they are actually trying to work togther, which tells me more than anything this was very serious.
It's been on the news since their closed-door meeting. Stunned silence!

Old 09-22-2008, 02:45 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,801,316 times
I'm done with this ludicrous thread. For those of you that can't grasp the seriousness of this financial situation in our country, and around much of the world, wake up please. Have a nice day.

Old 09-22-2008, 02:51 PM
S65

92 posts, read 85,147 times
ANYONE who voted "Yes" on the poll needs to be slapped.

Old 09-22-2008, 02:53 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,935,880 times
The funniest part of this whole bailout is the fact that even after this extra 700 billion.....there still is not not enough regulation. It's like Bush wants this to happen again and will blame the dems if they delay this too long. If anything, Bush is trying to get the country to hate Dems for wanting more regulations and slowing this down.

The other thing that pisses me off is that the industry wants more than 700 billion. Who the f*** do they think they are?

Old 09-22-2008, 07:41 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,737,711 times
Bush and Cheney have screwed us in too many ways to count, and now they want to blame Obama what a crock. Id rather give the country to a black man than these crooks.,

Old 09-22-2008, 07:47 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,274,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugdogmaster View Post
I can't believe people are actually voting yes for this. Un-friggin-believable
There are some very, very stupid people in this country.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:56 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,120,095 times
Default President Obama

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
There are some very, very stupid people in this country.
Exactly - Hopefully there are a few smart one's left.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:03 PM

163 posts, read 237,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugdogmaster View Post
It completely and utterly baffles me that people are voting yes for this ridiculous pole, thinking that it's some sort of huge world wide conspiracy to get Senator Barack Obama into the White House. Who is brain washing your peoples minds?
From a guy who doesn't care much which of the 2 senators can fix the mess (And I believe, YES, both Senators Obama & McCain can achieve that, ALBEIT with an open mind acknowledging that they are NOT the best heads out there & be open to intelligent feedback where they can get it, no holds barred) , It does as you said baffle me that some folks here seriously believes that this "almost trillion dollar bailout" and "the media coverage thereof" is somehow meant to get Senator Obama into the Whitehouse....

If any of my friends on CD have ever been in a biz atmosphere with a P&L, they would understand that this scenario is going to be a HUGE challenge for either Senators McCain or Obama, not something thats going away in a hurry

So folks just grow up

Last edited by vsaksena; 09-22-2008 at 08:27 PM..

Old 09-23-2008, 06:22 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,313 times
The OP truely makes me ashamed at having been a Marine, I've viewed many of his posts and the have some common threads running through most of them.
One such thread is Obamma as the boogeyman and he'll destroy whatever he touches.

People please do not be so ignorant as to believe that this financial crisis has anything to do with Obamma.
This crisis is due to greedy wall and republican power brokers who felt they were above any rules and/or laws of ethics.

Not so suprisingly but sadly, some middle and lower class whites will commit financial suicide by continueing this business as usual behavior by the republicans simply because they can not bear the idea of a black man as president of this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections