Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 02:51 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times

Advertisements

McCain camp criticism rife with errors - Ben Smith - Politico.com
Sen. John McCain’s top campaign aides convened a conference call today to complain of being called “liars.” They pressed the media to scrutinize specific elements of Sen. Barack Obama’s record.

But the call was so rife with simple, often inexplicable misstatements of fact that it may have had the opposite effect: to deepen the perception, dangerous to McCain, that he and his aides have little regard for factual accuracy.
Asked about the series of errors, McCain aides could not provide evidence to back up Schmidt’s assertions.

The above is from Politico. If you agree chime in, if you disagree don't argue with me provide your rebuttal to the Politico article.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 02:59 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Maybe the TV ads for McCain should say "I'm John McCain and I approved these lies."

Old 09-22-2008, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Maybe the TV ads for McCain should say "I'm John McCain and I approved these lies."
SNL did that exact skit on Saturday and the Republicans are furious because they are blaming it on Al Franken.

Old 09-22-2008, 03:42 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,803,289 times
Wah! Wah! Both tickets are doing it, end of discussion.

Old 09-22-2008, 03:58 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,392,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
SNL did that exact skit on Saturday and the Republicans are furious because they are blaming it on Al Franken.

And rightly so.
Al Franken, the former "Saturday Night Live" star now running in a high-profile Senate race in Minnesota, helped craft the opening sketch mocking John McCain that is slated to kick off the NBC comedy show tonight, according to two well-placed sources inside the network. Franken, who hasn't been a staff writer on the show for 13 years, "phoned in" a spoof of McCain recording campaign ads in an edit booth, said an NBC source. Seth Meyers, the show's current head writer, wrote it, but the sketch was hatched by Franken, a longtime liberal satirist and comedian."

Poor Minnesota, first Jesse Ventura and now this idiot, we can only hope he's unelectable.

I wish the McCain campaign would create the ones I really want to see. Those with Jeremiah Wright spouting his hate-filled racism. That might be a wake-up call for Americans.

Old 09-22-2008, 04:00 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,278,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
And rightly so.
Al Franken, the former "Saturday Night Live" star now running in a high-profile Senate race in Minnesota, helped craft the opening sketch mocking John McCain that is slated to kick off the NBC comedy show tonight, according to two well-placed sources inside the network. Franken, who hasn't been a staff writer on the show for 13 years, "phoned in" a spoof of McCain recording campaign ads in an edit booth, said an NBC source. Seth Meyers, the show's current head writer, wrote it, but the sketch was hatched by Franken, a longtime liberal satirist and comedian."

Poor Minnesota, first Jesse Ventura and now this idiot, we can only hope he's unelectable.

I wish the McCain campaign would create the ones I really want to see. Those with Jeremiah Wright spouting his hate-filled racism. That might be a wake-up call for Americans.
Why are you so racist? An ad like that would be a clear message of racism.

Old 09-22-2008, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Nature or Nurture are the usual behavioral triggers for human behavior of any kind.

Old 09-22-2008, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
First of all, you don't know my ethnicity and name calling is never helpful in any situation. I am not at all racist, but Obama's church has a well documented history of being so. His relationship with Rev. Wright "He's like an uncle to me" - "I could never disown my uncle" - "OK, he's disowned" speaks to the character of Obama.

Old 09-22-2008, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Nature or Nurture are the usual behavioral triggers for human behavior of any kind.

That's a mature statement. Are you black?

Old 09-22-2008, 04:10 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,183,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugdogmaster View Post
Wah! Wah! Both tickets are doing it, end of discussion.
so you admit that McCain is lying?

Also, can you provide info on lie's you think Obama has told about McCains record?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections