Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 07:06 PM
S65 S65 started this thread

92 posts, read 85,141 times

Advertisements

To distract from Sarah Palin's disastrous interview on CBS tonight.

Quote:
A grander pattern is emerging as to what was motivating McCain's Hail Mary publicity stunt today. For starters, we now have the first look at Sarah Palin's interview with Katie Couric. Palin is in so far over her head, it isn't even funny. Watch especially at 4 minutes 30 seconds into the interview (video is below) when they have the following exchange after Couric asks Palin for examples of John McCain leading the charge for oversight of Wall Street:
Couric: You've said, quote, "John McCain will reform the way Wall Street does business." Other than supporting stricter regulations of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac two years ago, can you give us any more example of his leading the charge for more oversight?

Palin: I think that the example that you just cited, with his warnings two years ago about Fannie and Freddie - that, that's paramount. That's more than a heck of a lot of other senators and representatives did for us.

Couric: But he's been in Congress for 26 years. He's been chairman of the powerful Commerce Committee. And he has almost always sided with less regulation, not more.

Palin: He's also known as the maverick though, taking shots from his own party, and certainly taking shots from the other party. Trying to get people to understand what he's been talking about - the need to reform government.

Couric: But can you give me any other concrete examples? Because I know you've said Barack Obama is a lot of talk and no action. Can you give me any other examples in his 26 years of John McCain truly taking a stand on this?

Palin: I can give you examples of things that John McCain has done, that has shown his foresight, his pragmatism, and his leadership abilities. And that is what America needs today.

Couric: I'm just going to ask you one more time - not to belabor the point. Specific examples in his 26 years of pushing for more regulation.

Palin: I'll try to find you some and I'll bring them to you.
This is why McCain canceled the debates. Watch Sarah Palin on CBS tonight. Utter disaster.

Watch the video on that link.

WOW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 07:09 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,684,242 times
Boy you like all the other liberalcons are taking this HOOK LINE AND SINKER.

McCain has outsmarted all of you.

And did you see this was already posted?

He will be there Friday night, wait and see. If not, who cares right.

By way, she did great!

Old 09-24-2008, 07:11 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,926,642 times
I thought she was good. Compared to what comes out of Biden's mouth every time he opens it, she's doing really well.

See, your perspective of her is warped and distorted because of intense hatred and fear that this woman will help in derailing obama.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:11 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,244,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S65 View Post
To distract from Sarah Palin's disastrous interview on CBS tonight.

This is why McCain canceled the debates. Watch Sarah Palin on CBS tonight. Utter disaster.

Watch the video on that link.

WOW.
He didn't cancel the debate, he postponed it. And when they do debate, McCain will come out on top, not Obama. So I see what you are trying to imply, but you're wrong. Obama can't even put together a complete sentence without say uh...uh...uh. McCain's not worried about debating him.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:13 PM

973 posts, read 2,228,695 times
"America needs a leader who knows what they're talking about. When the stock market crashed, FDR came on TV and explained to the people..."

*Couric's jaw on the floor*

Edit: Because some people are going to assume that comment came from Palin.. it came from the other VP candidate two days ago in an interview with Couric. Nothing Palin said was as blantly wrong as that.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:13 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,681,428 times
Oh my word. What the hell is Alaska gonna do when the rest of the US throws this thing back in the water....it wouldn't surprise me to see a recall effort after all this.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:14 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,684,683 times
She gets pinned down everytime people ask for specifics. I guess flashcards do not have enough space for all this "knowledge".

Old 09-24-2008, 07:15 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,660,186 times
OMG she is a complete idiot!

Old 09-24-2008, 07:20 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,022,196 times
I have no doubt Senator McCain was ready for every possible question as his supporters are telling you here. Joe Biden gave a major speech which was a preview earlier today prior to the decision to cancel the debate so you know McCain knew the thoughts and was ready to slaughter Obama.
Biden: McCain “Dangerously Wrong,” Obama Prepared to Lead « FOX Embeds « FOXNews.com
The Associated Press: Biden says McCain often wrong on national security
Biden: McCain Is "Dangerously Wrong" - From The Road
Biden: McCain Dangerously Wrong On Foreign Policy

Old 09-24-2008, 07:25 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,523,860 times
This woman is simply put, a moron.
Seriously, this woman might have been slightly qualified to be the governor of the 3rd or 4th least populated state in the US, not even close to being the Veep of the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections