U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-25-2008, 03:20 PM
 
34,968 posts, read 37,475,583 times
Reputation: 6184

Advertisements

What do you think?

New Obama Ad: ‘A Stronger Economy’ - The Caucus Blog - NYTimes.com
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-25-2008, 03:27 PM
 
Location: Moose Jaw, in between the Moose's butt and nose.
5,040 posts, read 8,037,865 times
Reputation: 1883
I saw this ad, it was awesome. Where I live, we hardly ever get presidential ads out here, since Obama is ahead by 9 to 11 points.
Has McCain come out with any ads that don't attack Obama and only say what he will do as POTUS, like this Obama ad the OP was talking about?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2008, 03:29 PM
 
34,968 posts, read 37,475,583 times
Reputation: 6184
Good question...Republicans?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2008, 03:30 PM
 
1,647 posts, read 2,464,450 times
Reputation: 480
Yes they did,
Its goes along the lines of "more deregulation" and "the fundamentals of the economy are strong".
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2008, 03:33 PM
 
Location: Moose Jaw, in between the Moose's butt and nose.
5,040 posts, read 8,037,865 times
Reputation: 1883
Quote:
Originally Posted by person View Post
Yes they did,
Its goes along the lines of "more deregulation" and "the fundamentals of the economy are strong".
Are you serious? OMG. No wonder Dino Rossi (running in the WA governors race) wants the ballot, under his name, to read "prefers GOP" instead of "Republican".
Some of them proably still said that up until this weekend.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2008, 04:06 PM
 
Location: Ohio
23,425 posts, read 17,275,713 times
Reputation: 20222
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
I saw this ad, it was awesome.
Why, because it proves he's incredibly naive?

He doesn't even understand the problems.

Regulating Wall Street might be a good thing, but that isn't going to help the economy, isn't going to create jobs and isn't going to put money in your pocket or food on your table.

Closing Special Interest loopholes might be a good thing, but that isn't going to help the economy, isn't going to create jobs and isn't going to put money in your pocket or food on your table.

His "Energy (snicker) Independence" plan isn't going to help you or the economy either.

From whom do you need energy (snicker) independence?

In 2006, the US produced 4,064,702,000 Megawatt Hours of energy.

49.77% of the energy was produced by coal mined in the US. So putting American coal-miners, American truck drivers and American railroad employees out of work is job creation?

19.68% of the energy was produced by nuclear power plants. So you're gong to put American engineers out of work and call it job creation?

7.23% of the energy was produced by hdro-electric power. Are you going to close the hydro-electric dams and put more American engineers out of work and call it job creation?

1.60% of the energy was produced by oil. All of it in Hawaii, and all of it using American oil.

So, tell us again about Energy (snicker) Independence.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2008, 04:13 PM
 
Location: Here and There
2,538 posts, read 3,683,192 times
Reputation: 3789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Why, because it proves he's incredibly naive?

He doesn't even understand the problems.

Regulating Wall Street might be a good thing, but that isn't going to help the economy, isn't going to create jobs and isn't going to put money in your pocket or food on your table.

Closing Special Interest loopholes might be a good thing, but that isn't going to help the economy, isn't going to create jobs and isn't going to put money in your pocket or food on your table.

His "Energy (snicker) Independence" plan isn't going to help you or the economy either.

From whom do you need energy (snicker) independence?

In 2006, the US produced 4,064,702,000 Megawatt Hours of energy.

49.77% of the energy was produced by coal mined in the US. So putting American coal-miners, American truck drivers and American railroad employees out of work is job creation?

19.68% of the energy was produced by nuclear power plants. So you're gong to put American engineers out of work and call it job creation?

7.23% of the energy was produced by hdro-electric power. Are you going to close the hydro-electric dams and put more American engineers out of work and call it job creation?

1.60% of the energy was produced by oil. All of it in Hawaii, and all of it using American oil.

So, tell us again about Energy (snicker) Independence.
Your pompous comment (snicker) was soooo smooth (snicker)
I think Obama was referring to our dependence on (snicker) FOREIGN OIL.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2008, 07:12 AM
 
Location: Texas
835 posts, read 1,268,397 times
Reputation: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post

You'll have to watch this video and see what you think....

YouTube - Infowars.com 'Media Not Reporting Failed Financial Agencies Are Big Donors to Obama' By the33rdmason
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2008, 07:18 AM
 
2,259 posts, read 3,730,241 times
Reputation: 475
Do NOT argue with Mircea about geo political forces that impact oil and energy.

Do Not


Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
Your pompous comment (snicker) was soooo smooth (snicker)
I think Obama was referring to our dependence on (snicker) FOREIGN OIL.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2008, 07:26 AM
 
Location: Charlotte
12,642 posts, read 14,941,114 times
Reputation: 1679
Default Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Why, because it proves he's incredibly naive?

He doesn't even understand the problems.



In 2006, the US produced 4,064,702,000 Megawatt Hours of energy.

49.77% of the energy was produced by coal mined in the US. So putting American coal-miners, American truck drivers and American railroad employees out of work is job creation?

19.68% of the energy was produced by nuclear power plants. So you're gong to put American engineers out of work and call it job creation?

7.23% of the energy was produced by hdro-electric power. Are you going to close the hydro-electric dams and put more American engineers out of work and call it job creation?

1.60% of the energy was produced by oil. All of it in Hawaii, and all of it using American oil.

So, tell us again about Energy (snicker) Independence.
If we reduce the amount of oil we import for gasoline, and switch to natural gas which is much more efficient in vehicles, then invariably our need for as much oil should decrease, our supply should increase and our product cost should decrease. A cheap abundant supply of natural gas helps the plastics industry, and the enormous deposit of oil shale should contribute to this over time. In 2007 39.8% of our energy needs was supplied by petroleum of which 31% went directly to electric energy generating sources. Continued growth in onshore production is expected to limit any large and sustained increases in the natural gas spot price.
Electric-power-sector coal consumption grew by 1.9 percent in 2007. Although first-quarter 2008 electric-power-sector coal consumption grew by about 2 percent compared with first-quarter 2007, slow growth in total electricity consumption is expected to limit growth in sector to just 0.7 percent in 2008. In 2009, a small increase in electricity consumption, combined with projected increases from other generation sources (nuclear, natural gas, hydroelectric, and wind), will lead to a very slight decline in electric-power-sector coal consumption (U.S. Coal Consumption Growth).



5Includes industrial combined-heat-and-power (CHP) and industrial electricity-only plants.
6Includes commercial combined-heat-and-power (CHP) and commercial electricity-only plants.
7Electricity-only and combined-heat-and-power (CHP) plants whose primary business is to sell electricity, or electricity and heat, to the public.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top