Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How disturbing is Sarah Palin
She's actually o.k. especially since she looks like Tina Fey 0 0%
I don't know what to think yet but I kind of like her 4 6.15%
She disturbs me more than Dick Cheney! 16 24.62%
Help! Get me out of this country if she's VP! 49 75.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 12:07 AM

19 posts, read 26,338 times

Advertisements

Has anyone else seen the Sarah Palin and Katie Couric interview in which Couric questions Palin about her foreign policy credentials and Palin answers: "Well Russia has a very narrow maritime border with Alaska..."

So basically Palin's explanation is: "Well...Russia is right next door to Alaska...and so is Canada! We're right next door! So that's why I have foreign policy experience."

That's like someone asking me: "So how are you best friends with Jane Doe?" (While Jane Doe has no idea who I am and we don't communicate.)

And I answer: "Well, because Jane lives right across the hall from me."

...And Couric prods further by asking, "Well, have you ever been involved in negotiations...How does this enhance your foreign policy experience?"

And Palin states: "Well because our neighbors are foreign countries..."

WHAT?!?!?!?!? Please tell me that you all find this disturbing...I think a 5th grader can BS better than that.

Here is a link to this maddening interview:
http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/the_plank/archive/2008/09/25/palin-on-her-foreign-policy-credentials.aspx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 12:17 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,765,371 times
One word: dingbat

Old 09-26-2008, 12:35 AM

3,131 posts, read 9,373,781 times
Someone posted part of the interview where when asked for examples of things McCain has done in his 26 years as senator and on the third time asked she said she would get some examples and bring them back to Couric. She's not even as smart as Bush. No wonder they're keeping her hidden.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:40 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
whats there to understand
its a pure cheerlead role
rah rah rah
sis boom bah
kick bagdad in the knee
let the debt flow into the sea.
goooooooooooo team

dont let it happen
obama 08

Old 09-26-2008, 05:36 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,413,020 times
Whats the big deal? Maybe what we need is someone not so worldly.
Everyone ******* about the state of things, this state of things here in the US has been brought about by people who know more than everyone else.

Whats Obamas experience with foriegn policy? He's a brand new congressman in a state that doesn't even recognize the constitution. Hard to believe that people who rave about that loser can cry about Palin.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:07 AM

3,150 posts, read 8,716,443 times
Its pretty evident that the only politicians liberals are interested in are the ones with silver tongues.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:28 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Its pretty evident that the only politicians liberals are interested in are the ones with silver tongues.
It would be nice if the person running for vice president could demonstrate a basic, basic grasp of the important issues. She can't even do that.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:37 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,563,744 times
For all of you out there who find nothing w/Palin & McCain, yikes!! You're even more gullible than I thought.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:50 AM

561 posts, read 1,512,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
whats there to understand
its a pure cheerlead role
rah rah rah
sis boom bah
kick bagdad in the knee
let the debt flow into the sea.
goooooooooooo team

dont let it happen
obama 08

OMG, ROTFLMAO!!!

Hey, I never liked her. I'm truly an undecided and her interview reinforced that she's all fluff and no substance. I agree with the OP, McCain found someone more intelligence-challenged than Bush. For me, it comes down to the lesser of two evils, only I can't decide which is more evil!

This may seem shallow, but one thing has irked me about her from the beginning....I NEVER see her in pants (unless I missed it, but doubt it, since they kept her too well hidden). Most women in that role would be seen in both; Hillary took a beating for wearing pant suits (though undeserved), but she also wears dress suits. Palin always wears dresses/dress suits, I DON"T TRUST A WOMAN (POLITICALLY) WHO ONLY WEARS DRESSES! It makes her appear subservient. Of course, this is JMHO.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:52 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,478,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
It would be nice if the person running for vice president could demonstrate a basic, basic grasp of the important issues. She can't even do that.
s c a r y......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections