Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 12:55 PM

826 posts, read 1,625,263 times

Advertisements

I agree, it is very scary. If Obama wins it will indeed be scary. I go to bed praying that Obama will not win, if he does it's going to affect all of us, and our children (if we're here long enough, sadly).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 01:00 PM

18,010 posts, read 27,456,617 times
So what I get from the responses is what the dems think of us. We're driven by fear, we're rich, and we're racists.

I agree that Obama could win, but I just knew the world and much of the media has just been trashing McCain and Palin, even on their good days.

But come November 4th, after all the shouting and slogans...mcsamechangecan'taffordmccain=wpalinisap igwitch garbage, normal folks who work 5 and 6 days a week are gonna vote.

If the vote happened today, I'd say Obama wins by a narrow margin. If he should win, I'll figure it's about time the Dems won one, let's see what they can do. Heck, they got the Senate and Congress in their pocket. At least they'll not be bogged down at every turn.

I won't inject my Faith in God and beliefs here if you athiests will shut your big traps too. And no, idiots! I'm not a racist, thank you very much.

Old 09-28-2008, 01:03 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,451,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash83 View Post
I agree, it is very scary. If Obama wins it will indeed be scary. I go to bed praying that Obama will not win, if he does it's going to affect all of us, and our children (if we're here long enough, sadly).
Your God will surely punish you for praying against what is good for your country....

Old 09-28-2008, 01:09 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,254,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Most Americans (you know, the ones who have no clue that the dems, including Obama, fought GSE reform tooth and nail) feel that Obama did better in the debate and he's up in the polls. They simply believe whatever sounds good at the moment. Now I don't blame the liberals, blacks, NEA members, etc. They may have some very specific reasons for pimpin' off America. But the folks who don't even bother to check out the load of crap he's putting on them, they scare me. They are the ones who swing elections and I'm sure not a one of them knows that GSE reform measures were initiated by republicans over and over with no support from the dems. We could have avoided this whole bail out situation, and excepting forums like this, no one outside Washington or the industry has a clue what I'm talking about. I said it before and I'll say it again. Watch G.E. Their corporate spawn, NBC and MSNBC, slaughter McCain daily. But why? Look for them to be the next corporate hog to stick its snout in the Washington bailout trough. As frustrating as it is for me to admit, I think the battle may already be over. I don't mean the election; I mean we may have, for all practical reasons, lost the republic. I see dark days ahead if Obama and his P.C. Brown Shirts pull this snow job off. If any of you read my "1976 Again?" entry, you'll know what I'm referring to. If it comes down to "Sounds good" vs. honesty that sucks, I'm afraid escapist America will just tune out the bad stuff. Hope I'm wrong!
Some of us know exactly what you are talking about. I was told this morning by a Dem on this board that I was uninformed. No, I think they are the ones who are uninformed. McCain was right - Senator Obama doesn't understand. And neither do his followers. And by the time they understand, it will be too late.

And if McCain wins, all they will do is complain and blame everything on him just like they have Bush. For that reason I almost would like for Obama to win just so they finally get it. But I think that's a dangerous step for our country to take. So I think McCain HAS to win for the good of our country, and we have to get ready to hear them complain and fabricate lies for 4 more years.

Old 09-28-2008, 01:12 PM

826 posts, read 1,625,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
McCain was right - Senator Obama doesn't understand. And neither do his followers. And by the time they understand, it will be too late.
Remember during the debates Obama said McCain was right about nine times or so. Obama understands something at least.

Old 09-28-2008, 01:12 PM

281 posts, read 380,861 times
If I look through your posts, I will just be reading more BS, just as I am reading now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
SUCKER !!!!! Don't believe everything you here. He P*ssed away any chance to pull off antthing he's promising when the dems fougt against Reps GSE reforms. We're broke! Look through my posts or listen to more BS. The folks that have been around for a while get it. Young people sometimes need to get hit in the face with reality.

Old 09-28-2008, 01:14 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,763,641 times
Ba-a-a-ah, Ba-a-a-ah....Obama's flock will follow him right off the cliff he is leading them to. Unfortunately, if he is the new president of our great nation, we all succomb with them.

Old 09-28-2008, 01:16 PM

718 posts, read 2,079,108 times
You all sound like the "drive by" media..

Old 09-28-2008, 01:17 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,596,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
And if McCain wins, all they will do is complain and blame everything on him just like they have Bush. For that reason I almost would like for Obama to win just so they finally get it.
Umm...just curious. What will everyone get that they haven't got over the last 30 years of Republican Political domination?

BTW, we always blame the President, where have you been?

Old 09-28-2008, 01:19 PM

18,010 posts, read 27,456,617 times
Quote:
blah blah blah Obama said McCain was right umpteen times

I'm not gonna hold that against Obama anymore. He's giving props to an experienced war-hero. So What?

Us pointing that out is like making fun of Sarah lately. It's like dogging Obama for the color of his skin, his name, his religion. Let's just fantasize here and say Obama is infact Black. Let's say his dad was from Kenya and let's even say he's Muslim.

So what? That doesn't make him a Terrorist! That doesn't make him a non-American.

I'm sick of the spin! Either way! It's retarded; whether it's coming from them or y'all! You won't here it from me! Shame on you all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections