Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 10:13 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciJay View Post
I "has" a bracelet!? Doesn't this just scream of racism to anyone else?

Come on Mods this thread needs to be removed.
Well, it could just scream, "uneducated, ignorant embicile". But, you may be right, it could also be racist.

Last edited by Siouxcia; 09-29-2008 at 11:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 10:28 AM

1,316 posts, read 2,465,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Wrong yet again. Don't you ever get tired of it?

Newsvine - Soldier's mother 'ecstatic' about Obama's bracelet
Yeah! The truth! The McCain supporters don't know anything about the truth so you'll have to excuse their naiveness to believe every story they read and post it. Most of the posts on this forum are from those "bitter former Hillary supporters". Get over it already!

Old 09-29-2008, 11:20 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,425,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the pointt View Post
[MOD CUT/orphaned]
Yeah and lots of little birdies say the end of times is upon us. Doesn't mean it's true. Source or retract the statement.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 09-29-2008 at 02:21 PM..

Old 09-29-2008, 11:45 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,118,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the pointt View Post
[MOD CUT/orphaned]
Man, if that's true, I'm going to crack open a 40 and pour it out.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 09-29-2008 at 02:22 PM..

Old 09-29-2008, 12:19 PM

218 posts, read 547,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
So he is exploiting the death of a soldier for his campaign. In the article it says that the mother gave it to him and meant it to be a quiet moment between her and him, wanted Obama to know her son's name, but did not want it to become a media event and have asked Obama to stop wearing the bracelet, but he still wears it. See how he cares about you, Dems?

Didnt McCain mention wearing a soldiers bracelet first? He was exploiting his story to gain sympathy from those who have lost ones in war. He made it seem like he was the one those fighting for our country was looking to him for answers and a solution. Obama just pointed out he had a bracelet as well from a mother who asked to not let another mother experience what she is going through. I dont see you mentioning anything about McCain's expolitation.

Excerpt:

McCain:
And I'll tell you, I had a town hall meeting in Wolfeboro, New Hampshire, and a woman stood up and she said, "Senator McCain, I want you to do me the honor of wearing a bracelet with my son's name on it."
He was 22 years old and he was killed in combat outside of Baghdad, Matthew Stanley, before Christmas last year. This was last August, a year ago. And I said, "I will -- I will wear his bracelet with honor."
And this was August, a year ago. And then she said, "But, Senator McCain, I want you to do everything -- promise me one thing, that you'll do everything in your power to make sure that my son's death was not in vain."
That means that that mission succeeds, just like those young people who re-enlisted in Baghdad, just like the mother I met at the airport the other day whose son was killed. And they all say to me that we don't want defeat.

Obama rebuttal:
Jim, let me just make a point. I've got a bracelet, too, from Sergeant - from the mother of Sergeant Ryan David Jopeck (ph), given to me ingrain bin green bay. She asked me, can you please make sure another mother is not going through what I'm going through.

Now someone mentioned that Obama referred to someone by first name only? Was that supposed to be Jim Lehrer? Or McCain becuase as Im reading the transcript to the debate, I see Obama calling McCain "Senator McCain" but then referred to him one time as John when McCain was saying something about how Obama took the owrds out of context and Obama chided in with "John, John, thats not true". Other than that he referred to McCain as Senator McCain...but he did refer to Jim Lehrer on first name bases only.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections