Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2008, 08:55 AM

395 posts, read 510,610 times

Advertisements

We all know McCain is going to die in office if elected, so when he dies is there a way that he can leave a note or something that says, "I don't want Sarah Palin to be the President?" What, I'm asking is, does the Vice President (NO MATTER WHAT) always become presdient, or are there ways around it? Can you change your Vice President in the middle of a term?

I think watching McCain there are obvious senior moments, and if he's elected, he has 4 years of being president. He'll already be the OLDEST president ever when he goes into office, but remember you still get to tack on 4 MORE YEARS.

I'm not saying base your votes on McCain's age, there are plenty of real reasons to not vote for him, but yeah...if elected any ways around the Vice President crisis?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 09:01 AM

3,517 posts, read 13,257,254 times
Yes, the succession is VP, then Speaker of the House. It's in the constitution and can't be changed. The only way of removing a Palin president is thru successful impeachment. A dead McCain has no say in the matter. He would have to remove the VP to change the succession and that could only be done thru an impeachment.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesaje View Post
Yes, the succession is VP, then Speaker of the House. It's in the constitution and can't be changed. The only way of removing a Palin president is thru successful impeachment. A dead McCain has no say in the matter. He would have to remove the VP to change the succession and that could only be done thru an impeachment.
Thanks for the information. So in history nobody has ever replaced their V.P. while in office?

Old 09-30-2008, 09:10 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,075,206 times
It does not matter.
When you are president
or a vice president who becomes president
it is your responsibility to hire the top advisers.

The president is usually just a marketing person out there pretending to be the leader. The people that are doing the thinking are his/her "trusted" advisers.

If the president hires STUPID advisers, then he will be seen as stupid.
If the president hires the TOP advisers, then he will be seen as intelligent.

Everyone is saying George Bush is not intelligent. He may not be intelligent but he is intelligent in playing politics. He has a sea of advisers around him doing all the work for him.

=================
If McCain becomes president, he will have a sea of top advisers working for him.

If Obama becomes president, the problem with him is that he is arrogrant and he likes to take credit for everything. So if he uses the best advisers, that's his decision.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:15 AM

2,857 posts, read 6,723,418 times
And McCain is not arrogant?

Old 09-30-2008, 09:15 AM

442 posts, read 790,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnamecanido View Post
We all know McCain is going to die in office if elected, so when he dies is there a way that he can leave a note or something that says, "I don't want Sarah Palin to be the President?" What, I'm asking is, does the Vice President (NO MATTER WHAT) always become presdient, or are there ways around it? Can you change your Vice President in the middle of a term?

I think watching McCain there are obvious senior moments, and if he's elected, he has 4 years of being president. He'll already be the OLDEST president ever when he goes into office, but remember you still get to tack on 4 MORE YEARS.

I'm not saying base your votes on McCain's age, there are plenty of real reasons to not vote for him, but yeah...if elected any ways around the Vice President crisis?
Nice attempt at a slippery slope. How would you feel if I said Biden will be the next president because Obama will be assasinated because he's Black? That statement has about as much validity as yours. You Obama supporters should really try to be a little more constructive with your arguments.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
And McCain is not arrogant?
McCain has a hot temper. He needs to go to anger management. And that's not arrogance. At his age, McCain will know to use top advisers.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperIncumbent View Post
Nice attempt at a slippery slope. How would you feel if I said Biden will be the next president because Obama will be assasinated because he's Black? That statement has about as much validity as yours. You Obama supporters should really try to be a little more constructive with your arguments.
I'm not a big fan of Biden, but if I had Biden or Palin..haha. Come on now.

IMO

Obama > Biden > McCain > Palin

Old 09-30-2008, 09:20 AM

Biden reminds me of a drunken sailor who hates everything. And who thinks he is always right. And if he is proven wrong, he spews out expletives to get back at the person.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:22 AM

2,170 posts, read 2,860,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
Biden reminds me of a drunken sailor who hates everything. And who thinks he is always right. And if he is proven wrong, he spews out expletives to get back at the person.
Well it is well known that Biden is a big alcoholic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections