Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 08:37 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,650,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
If McCain wins in November will this "type of forum" follow here into office? Hope so.
I was referring to the way they have structured the debate which is different form how they are normally done. Not sure what you question is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 08:40 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,243,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The pitbull should return and attack, mock and highlight the records of the two most liberal senators in the senate.
She's not capable of doing that, because that would require that she have knowledge.

Any candidate for the Vice Presidency who cannot come up with even ONE Supreme Court case is shamefully unelectable.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:42 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,975,221 times
Quote:
The pitbull should return and attack, mock and highlight the records of the two most liberal senators in the senate.
Well, the pitbull is in with McCain's advisors for obedience training. Appears they weren't happy with her progress.

As the saying goes, can't teach an old dog foreign policy or economic policy.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:42 PM

1,093 posts, read 3,412,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Palin probably won't be as *bad* as the media is making it out to potentially be. However, the debate is about substance, and she's in for a surefire test on Thursday. It's a make it or break it date for her and McCain's campaign.
I suspect she'll lose, hands-down.
All I can say is, what I and most Americans' have seen from her (which is sheltered alot) she has not shown much experience or fact finding answers. Possibly beating around a bush, not G bush.....Good luck...don't see much change on Thursday...

Old 09-30-2008, 08:44 PM

3,961 posts, read 10,597,374 times
Quote:
You say that like it's a bad thing. After the past 8 years, a liberal, Constitution-respecting administration is exactly what I want!!

Old 09-30-2008, 08:47 PM

1,050 posts, read 1,924,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet52698 View Post
I think she will do o.k. on Thursday, the type of forum it is allows her to give short answers without being asked to elaborate. That's where she gets into trouble, when she is asked to expound or go into more detail about a subject.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookieboy View Post
If McCain wins in November will this "type of forum" follow here into office? Hope so.
I think scarlet was referring to the rules of the debate? VP debate rules set: Shorter answers for Palin, lecterns for Biden

Old 09-30-2008, 08:48 PM

14,496 posts, read 26,510,816 times
lol- she is no attack dog, she is Mcsames little lap dog....

Old 09-30-2008, 08:50 PM

31,672 posts, read 40,893,182 times
With a Biden win Thursday night your life will be how much better on Friday?

With a Palin win Thursday night your life will be how much better on Friday?

If the candidates don't show up your life will be how much better on Friday?

Old 09-30-2008, 08:52 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,842,615 times
So even the RepubliKlans on here admit that their ONLY chance of getting a leg up is if the Dems perform nowhere near as well as they have so far, due to a "false sense of security"?

What happened to all that confidence in your surprise VP, guys? Now you're just sitting there praying that we screw up so that you have any kind of a chance?

That's a little sad.

Bring on the debates.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:54 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,231,659 times
Quote:
I think she will do o.k. on Thursday, the type of forum it is allows her to give short answers without being asked to elaborate. That's where she gets into trouble, when she is asked to expound or go into more detail about a subject.

Regardless of how she does at the debate, I think her image has suffered to much damage at this point for it to make much of a difference outside the base of the party.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookieboy View Post
Quote:
I was referring to the way they have structured the debate which is different form how they are normally done. Not sure what you question is.
The debate will be structured differently than normal, at the request of "the base of her party". You said this will enhance her chances of doing well, "I think she will do ok". "She gets into trouble, when she is asked to expound or go into more detail about a subject". You mean like giving a meaningful answer to something like "what paper do you read"?

So what was it you did not understand about my post?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections