Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 08:54 PM

1,050 posts, read 1,923,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
With a Biden win Thursday night your life will be how much better on Friday?

With a Palin win Thursday night your life will be how much better on Friday?

If the candidates don't show up your life will be how much better on Friday?
I don't care about friday. I care about the long term.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 09:00 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,197,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
"Sarah Palin may win the Vice-Presidential debate. This is not spin. Nor is it a matter of low expectations. The Republicans are doing a masterful job of lulling the Obama campaign into a false sense of security that she is very difficult to teach, and that he will wins hands-down."
Every time I see her talking I think the same thing and wonder if she's really just playing the ditz for the amusement of the demo's.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:02 PM

14,496 posts, read 26,508,186 times
It would take Academy Award fortitude to play the ditz, attend colleges in Hawaii Utah, and five other loser colleges in various states and God knows where else, and yet, pretend she can still read. Please.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:22 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,828,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
With a Biden win Thursday night your life will be how much better on Friday?

With a Palin win Thursday night your life will be how much better on Friday?

If the candidates don't show up your life will be how much better on Friday?
LOL, great point.

I actually think Sarah will do pretty well. She's had a scare, she's gotten the message, and now she's working hard in debate camp learning the correct answers to any possible question. Which (IMO) means she'll probably be blander than usual, but she'll do ok. Debate camp could be teaching her a few "approved" adorable poses or catch phrases--I sure hope so 'cause it'll spice things up. But they want to play down her appeal to SNL, so they'll probably tell her to try to be bland as much as possible.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:24 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,906,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
"Sarah Palin may win the Vice-Presidential debate. This is not spin. Nor is it a matter of low expectations. The Republicans are doing a masterful job of lulling the Obama campaign into a false sense of security that she is very difficult to teach, and that he will wins hands-down."

Sarah Palin May Really Win the Debate

I wouldn't be surprised if Palin comes to the debate with contacts and her hair down. I'll give the Republicans this: they're really good at campaigning.

Joe vs. Sarah, one round only. Never underestimate your opponent.
To cover the ear piece right

Old 10-01-2008, 07:32 AM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,037,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The pitbull should return and attack, mock and highlight the records of the two most liberal senators in the senate.
Mocking doesn't over well in debates (McCain was roundly criticized when people perceived him not to treat Obama with respect). Now, if she can intelligently highlight how she is a better vice-presidential pick than Biden, and explain in detail how his position on national and foreign affairs is wrongheaded without resorting to cheap insults or inappropriate body language, then she will win the debate. If she points at him and laughs "haha, your boss was nothing but a community organizer and you put your foot in your mouth a lot, haha, what idiots you two are", refuses to look at Biden, etc. she will lose the debate.

My prediction on the debates is that it will not be the trainwreck so many are gleefully hoping for (from a purely body language standpoint, she'll come off better than McCain), but that Biden will come out on top.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:35 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,219,146 times
Pailin has spent this week in intense preperations for the debate. I think Biden will answer the question and then take the topic way off course, hoping to draw Pailin into territory she hasn't revised for... if he does that, she will make herself look stupid. If he doesn't she will be able to answer ok and just about get by.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:46 AM

1,577 posts, read 2,649,895 times
Quote:
The debate will be structured differently than normal, at the request of "the base of her party". You said this will enhance her chances of doing well, "I think she will do ok". "She gets into trouble, when she is asked to expound or go into more detail about a subject". You mean like giving a meaningful answer to something like "what paper do you read"?

So what was it you did not understand about my post?
You do realize I'm an Obama supporter right? The way you structure your post is confusing. You are using the quote function and then within your response quoting me again and then responding.

I've watched footage of her debating the former gov. of Alaska and she didn't do to badly. I think there is a chance that she is able to memorize enough information and keep her responses short enough to fudge her way through. The flip side of that is that she could lose it completely and bomb.

The fact that she can not name a major newspaper that she reads, NOR list more than one Supreme Court case is highly concerning to me. I've been asking friends the same question to see how many people can do it. Most can name at least 3 cases right off the bat.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:20 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,828,599 times
But you know what? If they ask them to make eye contact with each other, Sarah will have an advantage. She's good at giving people "looks" and she could throw him off. I bet she'll give him the kind of look a mom gives a bad, bad boy. If she makes a funny face and he starts laughing, he'll be in trouble. Especially if it's the kind of subtle look she could later claim wasn't a funny face at all.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:24 AM

1,286 posts, read 2,906,512 times
i cant believe that anyone still thinks huffington post is credible. its fancy looking tabloid. everything from them is opinion made up bs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections