Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 09:11 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,323,978 times

Advertisements

I hope things don't work out for the dems and Carter II is elected. I heard he blew the economy out of the water. Waiting on gas for a week to even show up here might have emphasized those Carter years to people again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 09:14 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,156,211 times
The right are the masters of spin. So now her looking over-her-head and incompetent was part of some grand overall strategy to lure the Dems into a false sense of security.

Whatever gets you through the day...

P.S. I just realized this is my 2,500th post. I'm gonna give myself a big pat on the back and take a congratulatory jog around the office.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:50 AM

31,672 posts, read 40,884,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
But you know what? If they ask them to make eye contact with each other, Sarah will have an advantage. She's good at giving people "looks" and she could throw him off. I bet she'll give him the kind of look a mom gives a bad, bad boy. If she makes a funny face and he starts laughing, he'll be in trouble. Especially if it's the kind of subtle look she could later claim wasn't a funny face at all.
You may be right but I bet she has had more experience giving a look that makes a bad boy think bad things. Now if that starts going through Joe's mind, wow oh wow!

Old 10-01-2008, 09:54 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,828,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
You may be right but I bet she has had more experience giving a look that makes a bad boy think bad things. Now if that starts going through Joe's mind, wow oh wow!
Oh my, that could be trouble! But now that you've put the thought in my mind, who cares, I wanna see it happen!

Old 10-01-2008, 10:48 AM

1,240 posts, read 2,231,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet52698 View Post
You do realize I'm an Obama supporter right? The way you structure your post is confusing. You are using the quote function and then within your response quoting me again and then responding.

I've watched footage of her debating the former gov. of Alaska and she didn't do to badly. I think there is a chance that she is able to memorize enough information and keep her responses short enough to fudge her way through. The flip side of that is that she could lose it completely and bomb.

The fact that she can not name a major newspaper that she reads, NOR list more than one Supreme Court case is highly concerning to me. I've been asking friends the same question to see how many people can do it. Most can name at least 3 cases right off the bat.

Yes I do know you support Obama, and I apologize for my tone yesterday. (Had a rotten day).
I was just trying to say that the way the VP debate forum has been altered to potentially help out Palin is wrong. If elected, nothing in Washington will be changed to help her along, and I think we agree that this could be very dangerous.

Hope you have a good day!

Old 10-01-2008, 10:52 AM

68,271 posts, read 53,999,856 times
Martians may land in Times Square today and stage a revival of Oklahoma!

Since I have other things to do I think i'll pass on what may happen

Old 10-01-2008, 11:03 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,332,495 times
No matter what, it should be very entertaining.

Will Sarah take her hair down? Will Joe make mincemeat of Sarah? Will Sarah charm the audience no matter what dumb things she has to say? Will Joe goof up about some bit of history?

Get your popcorn ready!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections