Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2008, 09:40 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,236,639 times

Advertisements

I don't like to call the winner of a debate, they both have their wins and loses. I would just say, if one of them had to do the negotiating and working with others, Congress, heads of state... I think Palin would be the more agreeable to the guest. Either, anyone, would have their heavy negotiators to push points.

Aside from that, I think the real losers were John Gibson and Katty Couric and their respective affiliates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

2,039 posts, read 6,325,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
I agree 100%!!!!!
Typical stupid Republican remarks. Let's vote for the pretty girl (who you're probably thinking about doing right about now) because she's "one of us."
NO SHE'S NOT. She's pretty - she's not a leader.

She's gotten by on charm and a pretty face. Check out what Alaska really thinks of her - she has put that state into debt, and ruined so many programs it may never catch up with the rest of the nation. Oh but that doesn't matter, cuz "she's pretty" and "she can see Russia from her house!" God - WAKE UP PEOPLE !!!!!

When are Republicans going to learn to vote on the issues that will directly effect them and NOT on personality or looks? Do you people not realize that you have voted against yourself in the last two elections and you are about to do the same???? Unbelievable.

202 posts, read 539,499 times
"without a prepared speech"

Did you watch the debate?

No matter what side your on, even fox reported "she didn't stick with the moderators questions and more with her prepared speech"

No wonder Bush has served 2 terms.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:43 PM

2,039 posts, read 6,325,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
Dont even go there, this was a easy win for her.

Biden only one time did well, going after McCain one single time.

On all issues, she won this clearly.

She was spot on with not a single mistake.

Biden even was crying at one point. Now how can anyone cry during a debate. Shows me he is weak.

If you are honest with yourself, you know in your heart she was impressive.
I'll tell you why he was crying - because he LOST A WIFE AND CHILD. I lost a child recently too. Go to this website and tell me you don't think he had a right to cry. You're an inexperienced idiot. And you are SO lucky you have not lost a child. Shame on you, I hope Karma comes back and bites you in the a**.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:44 PM

552 posts, read 1,073,958 times
The only part I felt Biden slipped up was when he commended Palin on the windfall taxes issue.

She had absolutely NOTHING to do with Alaskans receiving that yearly check.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:45 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,063,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeb321 View Post
"without a prepared speech"

Did you watch the debate?

No matter what side your on, even fox reported "she didn't stick with the moderators questions and more with her prepared speech"

No wonder Bush has served 2 terms.
I'll assume that this was aimed at me. I guess you didn't get the gist of my comments. Next time I'll try to write only in black and white since nuance and complexity is not your cup of tea.

707 posts, read 1,293,941 times
No knockout punches scored by either side. McCain needed her to deliver a knockout.

Biden is a sanctimonious ass and needs to be tied to all his cozy relationships with the big banks but never happened. Biden is a phony insider who is part of the problem and not the solution.

Palin came across as ordinary good people. Probably not good enough.

15 posts, read 21,695 times
SUPER Job for Palin!! She's as sharp as a tack, intuitive, HONEST.. a true honest engine, witty, knows her stuff, confident, considerate as can be, full of will and inner strength. This lady is a diamond in the rough. She'll go places and so capable of further success. Best of all... I believe in THIS gal!

Old 10-02-2008, 09:46 PM

100 posts, read 190,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
I called it earlier, she touched middle class and he did not.

She impressed me and even Joe Biden was impressed with her.

I will get into it more later but she did a fabulous job.

If you are all honest you will see that she can perform and did a fantastic job!

Way to go Sarah!

You won this debate.
LOL...HAHA..YOU Are joking right.
She never could get to the point.
What a terrible job on her part.

again......LOL...

Old 10-02-2008, 09:46 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,851,624 times
The real debate here is..."do you want Palin, a heart beat away from being President"? No matter what party you support, after tonights debate the answer must be....No Way!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections