Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-02-2008, 10:46 PM
 
Location: exit 0
5,287 posts, read 4,349,273 times
Reputation: 7019

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
If she learned all the foreign policy she talked about tonight in 5 weeks, then this woman is a VERY quick study.
Much quicker than dumbo Obama.

She was pretty impressive and also a bit commanding the way she answered the questions in her own fashion, not in Gwen Ifills fashion.
Actually, that is to what I am referring. If we are to believe all the reports that we have been hearing (lord knows we have seen it on this forum) about what a hick and a dummy she is, then what she has displayed tonight shows that she is pretty darn intelligent.


Please, for those that want to doubt my take go look at my posts. I'm not overly impressed with either ticket. I just think that many would go much further trying to make their points if they could be more open minded and give credit where, and to whom, it is deserved.
__________________
"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." ~JFK
Terms of Service
Copyright Info
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-02-2008, 10:46 PM
 
Location: Georgia
25 posts, read 29,935 times
Reputation: 17
If she was impressive, it was because she was expected to perform miserably. Palin was very uncomfortable communicating outside of their talking points...like how she tried to keep the debate on energy. Biden acutually nailed Mccain down on the failed war in Iraq, Alternative Energy, Health Care, Taxes and Education...to say the least. If Palin won anything it was a little bit of her self esteem...politically speaking. But as far as debating, she lost...Biden was on his toes, and I couldn't help but think that Mccain couldn't beat Joe in a debate either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2008, 10:48 PM
 
Location: SoCal-So Proud!
4,263 posts, read 10,777,613 times
Reputation: 1558
Let's face it..McCain is done. He knows it's slipping away. He practically gave up Michigan just today. He will need a miracle now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2008, 10:49 PM
 
Location: ATL
100 posts, read 189,740 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by the intelligent brotha' View Post
If she was impressive, it was because she was expected to perform miserably. Palin was very uncomfortable communicating outside of their talking points...like how she tried to keep the debate on energy. Biden acutually nailed Mccain down on the failed war in Iraq, Alternative Energy, Health Care, Taxes and Education...to say the least. If Palin won anything it was a little bit of her self esteem...politically speaking. But as far as debating, she lost...Biden was on his toes, and I couldn't help but think that Mccain couldn't beat Joe in a debate either.
Exactly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2008, 10:50 PM
 
Location: SoCal-So Proud!
4,263 posts, read 10,777,613 times
Reputation: 1558
Quote:
Originally Posted by the intelligent brotha' View Post
If she was impressive, it was because she was expected to perform miserably. Palin was very uncomfortable communicating outside of their talking points...like how she tried to keep the debate on energy. Biden acutually nailed Mccain down on the failed war in Iraq, Alternative Energy, Health Care, Taxes and Education...to say the least. If Palin won anything it was a little bit of her self esteem...politically speaking. But as far as debating, she lost...Biden was on his toes, and I couldn't help but think that Mccain couldn't beat Joe in a debate either.
Very well said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2008, 10:50 PM
 
2,039 posts, read 6,303,841 times
Reputation: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
She single handedly owned that debate. .
Only because she had her BLACKBERRY in front of her coaching her! CHEATER!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2008, 10:50 PM
 
395 posts, read 508,489 times
Reputation: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post

Biden even was crying at one point. Now how can anyone cry during a debate. Shows me he is weak.

haha. You just can't win with you guys. You say he was weak for crying..then other people saying he was faking it. He couldn't win with that situation. You are lucky that they weren't allowed to communicate with each other, because the one brief time they did is when it got interesting. Palin seemed like a programmed Robot with the things she said. Also, does she ever wipe that smile off her smile?

I think Biden won..but just barely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2008, 10:52 PM
 
35,016 posts, read 39,008,427 times
Reputation: 6194
Quote:
Originally Posted by the intelligent brotha' View Post
If she was impressive, it was because she was expected to perform miserably. Palin was very uncomfortable communicating outside of their talking points...like how she tried to keep the debate on energy. Biden acutually nailed Mccain down on the failed war in Iraq, Alternative Energy, Health Care, Taxes and Education...to say the least. If Palin won anything it was a little bit of her self esteem...politically speaking. But as far as debating, she lost...Biden was on his toes, and I couldn't help but think that Mccain couldn't beat Joe in a debate either.
Exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2008, 10:52 PM
 
Location: London UK & Florida USA
7,923 posts, read 8,813,756 times
Reputation: 2059
Palin stuck to her script and in that way she did what was asked of her. When asked what would make her use a nuclear missile, she danced around about other nations with missiles but didn't answer the question. Would love to know her answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2008, 10:52 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
1,577 posts, read 2,649,895 times
Reputation: 416
Clear win for Biden from what I saw. She refused to answer questions and was smugly proud of that fact. She was mean and had ZERO response for addressing McCain's record. She wants to increase the powers of the VP office and follow in Cheney's footsteps which is beyond insane. She used her looks to gain influence in the debate by winking at the camera and acting like a common bar trollop.

Maybe that is what some people want in a VP, I certainly don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top