Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2008, 11:13 PM

25 posts, read 29,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
I like that better than "Um Um Um Ah Ah Ah well let me be clear"
it does get annoying, buuuut at least he's THINKING! Sarah Soundbite Palin was told, "not to think"...just.."stick to the script." Which do you prefer???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 11:13 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,125,165 times
Quote:
And don't forget "this notion that" and "this notion of..." He sure likes that word "notion."

Old 10-02-2008, 11:16 PM

100 posts, read 189,788 times
Quote:
But at the end of the lets be clear I get a answer.

How someone speaks and How someone else is not able to comprehend and answer a question is two different things.

1,966 posts, read 2,694,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
And don't forget "this notion that" and "this notion of..." He sure likes that word "notion."
And she likes the words "maverick," "Alaska," "you betcha," "darn" and "nucular."

90,316 posts, read 120,179,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
Biden even was crying at one point. Now how can anyone cry during a debate. Shows me he is weak.

If you are honest with yourself, you know in your heart she was impressive.
He got choked up, talking about the deaths of his wife and daughter, and the serious, life-threatening injuries of his sons. Only someone who has never experienced anything like that could fault him for getting a little teary talking about it. His daughter didn't get to grow up like Sarah's did. Have a heart!

Old 10-02-2008, 11:17 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,667,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
I called it earlier, she touched middle class and he did not.

She impressed me and even Joe Biden was impressed with her.

I will get into it more later but she did a fabulous job.

If you are all honest you will see that she can perform and did a fantastic job!

Way to go Sarah!

You won this debate.
No she did not! Please...did you even watch it? She didn't answer the questions...she made up her own and answered them with her talking points. She responded like a programmed robot...even looked like a deer in the headlights a couple times. You really should watch it again.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:17 PM

8,274 posts, read 12,808,040 times
Seems to me we got to see how similar the candidates are and how they support policies that are simply not good for America. It is time for a change... Independent party that is the way to maek a change for the better. If you get the same results from either don't lament. I''m telling you now neither will do much for the economy. There is only one candidate promoting a true change.and it isn't Obama or McLame.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:19 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,667,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
And she likes the words "maverick," "Alaska," "you betcha," "darn" and "nucular."
Don't forget when she inserts the word ALSO ...even when it sounds awkward...

Old 10-02-2008, 11:19 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,120,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the intelligent brotha' View Post
If she was impressive, it was because she was expected to perform miserably. Palin was very uncomfortable communicating outside of their talking points...like how she tried to keep the debate on energy. Biden acutually nailed Mccain down on the failed war in Iraq, Alternative Energy, Health Care, Taxes and Education...to say the least. If Palin won anything it was a little bit of her self esteem...politically speaking. But as far as debating, she lost...Biden was on his toes, and I couldn't help but think that Mccain couldn't beat Joe in a debate either.

Biden told outright lies at least 10 times on Obama's voting record and every other issue Palin brought out where he was on the wrong side of things. You can't hide from a voting record that is public.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:21 PM

100 posts, read 189,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Here is a "notion" Palin look more like she was announcing the VMAs then actually participating in a debate.
I'm glad her Blackberry got a good signal in there!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections